It's watching - 6

It's watching

Jimin's eyes were as wide as they could they be. He watched the black Television screen with the intensity of a thriller movie. His hand slowly raised with a pointed finger directed towards the electronic. "It was on."

 

Jungkook maintained his confused expression, nodding slowly in agreement. "Yeah. I left it on." 

 

"I turned it off." Jimin snapped. He didn't mean to sound angry, but a heavy weight was pressing down on his chest and he couldn't see straight. Sickening fear was taking over him and he couldn't control the tone of his voice.

 

"Okay." Jungkook spoke, his words exaggerated through his misunderstanding of the situation. "It's off then. What's wrong?"

 

Jimin took a glance in his direction, eyes still large and unfocused. "No, it came back on." He knew he shouldn't tell Jungkook what he'd seen, and had already started regretting it before his friend even had another chance to respond. Jungkook didn't need to know any more details of odd and terrifying occurrences in their now shared apartment. From what he had been told, though, nothing quite as odd and terrifying had happened in Jungkook's presence.

 

Jungkook's face went pale, finally realizing the situation at hand. He felt that long awaited shiver travel up his spine. "You mean," His body quaked. "By itself?"

 

Jimin slowly nodded. "It came on by itself. It," He paused and looked away from the fear in Jungkook's eyes, instead taking his stare back to the Television. "It changed the channel. It turned itself off. I didn't touch anything."

 

They stood in silence for a moment, maybe a few moments. They listened intently, trying their best to hear anything that sounded unnatural in their surroundings. The two jumped in unison when the heat kicked on to spread warmth into their chilly apartment. Jungkook took a deep breath, hoping to calm his racing heart. "Jimin. What was in the kitchen this morning?"

 

Jimin turned to him again and grimaced, remembering the horrible discovery that had unleashed the recent string of supernatural occurrences. He was still incredibly reluctant to expose the truth to his friend. It didn't seem right to do so, so he decided to continue keeping quiet about it. "Nothing." He whispered, voice trapped within a heavy cloud of fear. He was beginning to realize that there were no explanations or answers for what was happening in this apartment.

 

Jungkook sighed. "Just tell me." He pressed. The raven haired boy rubbed at his eyes, feeling sleep deprivation beginning to kick in. After hours of moving heavy boxes and furniture, his body wasn't capable of standing for much longer. He resisted the urge to run to his bedroom that he'd be sharing with his friend and passing out in his comfortable, inviting bed. Instead, with much reluctance, Jungkook opted for the sofa. His legs felt like jelly, unable to continue supporting his own weight.

 

The older of the two felt compelled to follow suit, but remained standing a good distance away from the ghostly culprit that had disturbed his dinner. Jimin's half eaten container of sushi sat on the coffee table before Jungkook. Jimin felt his stomach growl as he laid his eyes on it. "Can you pass me my food?" He muttered to Jungkook, unwilling to move close enough to the Television to retrieve it himself. His friend shook his head.

 

Jungkook crossed his arms. "I'll give it to you when you tell me what happened in the kitchen. I deserve to know."

 

Jimin followed his movement, crossing his own arms in defiance. "I told you, nothing happened, Jungkook." He backed up a few more feet, distancing himself more from the living room. He let his arms drop back to his sides and looked toward their shared bedroom. Through a open crack in the door, he could see his bed waiting for him. His stomach growled again and he decided to ignore it this time. It wasn't worth the trouble to eat. "I'm just going to go to bed."

 

Jimin didn't spare Jungkook another glance and he sauntered off towards the bedroom. He waved a hand behind him and left the other sitting alone in the second room of the house he had now sworn to avoid. Jimin could hear his friend shuffling behind him to get off of the couch. He heard the footsteps following closely behind him. The two entered the dark room, neither bothering to turn on a light before dropping themselves into their respective beds. He curled up into the warm soft blankets and closed his eyes. Dark and eerie images of his day flashed in his mind and he snapped them back open.

 

Jungkook sighed heavily, fluffing his pillows up behind his head and then sinking down into them. His curiosity was raging. He stared at the ceiling that he could barely make out in the darkness that surrounded him. "Goodnight, Jimin." He whispered to his friend. Before he even blinked again, he felt a weight pressing down into the side of his bed. Jungkook gasped, immediately suspecting a supernatural presence to be invading his personal space. Instead, Jimin grumbled softly, "It's just me.".

 

Jungkook heaved another heavy sigh, of relief this time. He shuffled to the side of his bed, making space for Jimin to join him. "What are you doing?" He wondered aloud.

 

Jimin pulled at Jungkook's blankets, using them to cover himself and he pressed into Jungkook's side, facing the ceiling. He was coming to a personal understanding, realizing now why Jungkook didn't like to be alone, especially at night. "Can I just sleep with you tonight?" His voice was shaky. 

 

The younger of the two couldn't hold back a smile. He let a soft chuckle drift into the quiet room. Jimin was definitely not the type to be so unnerved. He could hear the fear in his hyung's voice and he found it a little endearing. "That's okay." Jungkook moved to lay his arm stretched out at his side, inviting Jimin to lay on it and come closer to his own body. The older boy took him up on his offer and his side to lean closer into Jungkook. Jimin laid his head on Jungkook's shoulder, trying to even out his breathing and steady his voice before speaking again.

 

"Thank you." Jimin muttered. He closed his eyes again, feeling gentle fingers tracing circles on his back.