It's watching - 26

It's watching

Jimin managed to pull himself together after a few minutes had passed. He was overwhelmed by the story, the things Jungkook had told him. If it was real, he was going to find out. He intended to fact check all of the things she had shown the younger man and that meant another long night ahead of him. Jimin reached down into his back pocket of his jeans and pulled out his phone. Jungkook pulled away to watch him.

 

"Did she ever say this mans name?" Jimin questioned.

 

He had caught Jungkook off guard, but the younger man slowly spoke. "Jongseok."

 

Jimin nodded and he moved to the bed without looking up from his phone screen. His fingers typed in the name and he paused, sitting on the edge of the mattress. He looked up at Jungkook. "Sir name?"

 

Jungkook shook his head. "Just Jongseok." He came to sit next to Jimin on the bed and he peered over the shorter mans shoulder. "Jumi. That was what he called her."

 

Jimin looked back at his phone and erased the mans name. He tapped in the address of their apartment, deciding to find a list of previous renters before they had lived there instead. After a bit of digging around, he found a seemingly reliable source and scrolled through the long list of names, it was an old building and had homed more than a few different people in its years. "Jumi?" He double checked with Jungkook and the man nodded. His finger hovered above the name on his screen. Kim Jumi.

 

"Seven years ago." Jimin mumbled to himself. He opened another tab on his mobile browser and put in her full name and the area they lived in. A single News article filled his screen and he looked beside him to catch Jungkook's eyes. The headline was bold, giving an overall description of its contents. Local Woman Found Dead In Her Apartment. They skimmed through it, picking out details that corresponded with what Jungkook had reiterated to him. It had been deemed as a suicide without a reliable cause. The case had been dropped and she had been buried, forgotten by the world as they moved on without her. 

 

Jimin returned to the search bar and tried again to find more information about her life and her passing. He stumbled across a piece that had been taken from a news paper, dated seven years in the past. It was the section reserved for obituaries. He looked through the names until he found hers and read over the details of the day she had died. From every name on the same list of souls that had been lost that day, her paragraph was the shortest. She didn't having any surviving relatives. There were no details about her funeral, because nobody would have attended. She was completely lost from all thought the moment her lifeless body hit that kitchen floor. A deep sadness burned in Jimin's heart. He tossed his phone to the bed and placed his face in his hands.

 

Jungkook cast his eyes down to the ground. It was like finding out a nightmare had turned into reality. No, that's exactly what it was. This had happened to her, Jumi. She didn't deserve to feel that way. She was so alone.  He felt so sorry for her and he couldn't say for sure or not that, if he were in her shoes, if he would do the same. He turned back to look at Jimin, reaching his hand to the mans hair back. Jimin peered at him from behind his hands before taking them from his face.

 

"We should help her somehow." Jimin whispered. "I don't know how, but I think she's some kind of tortured soul. She can't move on because of what happened to her."

 

Jungkook nodded, agreeing with his hyung. He moved his fingers down to the side of Jimin's face and he felt a smile lift his own lips. "We should help her." He felt a bit moved by the sincerity in Jimin's voice. Jimin was kind and forgiving and after all that they had gone through, he wanted to help her move on. Maybe it was a little bit selfish, he could understand that, but Jimin's demeanor told him it was more than just thinking about himself. He was shaken, empathetic towards this woman and her past. 

 

Jungkook sighed then. "I think we need to find the man from that vision, or whatever it was that she showed me." He drew in his lips and thought about any kind of action they could take to hunt down a man they didn't know anything about. She hadn't given him the mans full name. They had no proof of a relationship that could be found on the Internet. Jungkook's forehead creased and he moved his arms to rest his elbows on his knees, dropping his chin into his hands. 

 

Jimin noticed his friend deep in thought and felt another wave of guilt rush over him. He felt stressed out himself about the ordeal that had just happened, he couldn't imagine how it was making Jungkook feel. He placed his hand on the mans back to get his attention and he smiled at Jungkook when he looked at him. "We can find him somehow, but for now, maybe we should take a break from all of this."

 

Jungkook scrunched his nose. "Jimin, she might come back though. Soon."

 

"So what if she does?"

 

"She's still angry." Jungkook heaved a sigh and rubbed his forehead to release the tension there. "She thinks that I'm the one that betrayed her. She left before I could say anything to disprove it."

 

Jimin traced random letters on Jungkook's back in soothing and kept his soft smile on his lips. "We can deal with her when she comes." He reached his other arm across his own body and grabbed one of Jungkook's. "This time, I'll be here with you."

 

Jungkook met his gaze and he felt a smile mirror Jimin's on his own lips. Jimin was right, his mind was exhausted. His thoughts were too scattered to focus on something as important as this was anyway, they wouldn't get very far even if they tried. He nodded his head and let a relieved chuckle sound into the room. He felt bad for feeling a little bit happy that he didn't have to deal with it all just yet, but he was passed the point of just being stressed about it. His body felt heavy.

 

They laid down in the bed, circled into each other and Jimin the small Television positioned at the foot of the bed. They numbed their thoughts for a while with a comedy, before Jimin lifted his head from Jungkook's arm to press a kiss to his chin. Jungkook smiled down at him.

 

"I've been thinking about something, a bit." Jimin mumbled. His face flushed with embarrassment and he looked away from Jungkook's suddenly amused stare.

 

"Oh?" Jungkook laughed. He turned more onto his side to face Jimin, listening intently. Jimin's naturally adorable, extra cheeks gleamed pink as the man avoided eye contact. He could feel his own heartbeat quicken its pace.

 

Jimin huffed. He didn't enjoy being embarrassed and he didn't even know why he was. Bringing back the same topic they had spoke of before shouldn't be so unnerving, but it was. He cleared his throat and whispered, as if it were a crime to even speak of it again, "Maybe we should be more than just friends."