things you said after it was over

things you said

I read an incoming message from an unsaved number asking me where I was.

My brain told me who it was.

After glancing at his number before deleting his contact, it seems like my memory's good where I don't need it to be.

I headed into the restaurant he asked to meet me at and found him immediately. I waved the waitress away and headed straight to him, watching him adjust his posture once he realised I was here.

I took my seat in silence.

"...I ordered for you."

I nodded, then taking a sip of water.

I could feel his gaze on me.

But I wasn't too keen on keeping my eyes on him.

We ate dinner in silence, with mine being steak in black pepper sauce, medium done. I tried not to think too much of it. It's just that we've known each other for five years that he knows my favourite food by heart.

Letting the waitress clear our plates for dessert, he drummed his fingers against the table and took in a deep breath.

Here it comes.

"Closure." Minwoo released his breath. "I just wanted closure."

"Right." I shrugged.

"You...were...my first...relationship." Minwoo struggled to find the right words.

Past tense.

His first love.

I nodded and concentrated on my dessert.

"Thanks for the memories." I took a bite of my cake and accidentally met his eyes. He smiled softly at me, continuing. "Good or bad, you were the biggest part of my life."

Closure.

I smiled back.

Somehow, it's hitting harder.

He reached for his finger and tugged at his ring. "I noticed you didn't have it on the day we broke up."

I looked at my own finger and nodded.

"I wished you didn't decide on your own that you wanted a break up before picking a fight with me, but if you already set your mind on it then I'll just honour it." Minwoo shrugged, smiling lightly. "It's true I can't let my mother know, but that's right now. I just wished you gave me time to settle that."

Somehow, something sounds wrong.

He pulled the ring out of his finger, and it left a mark where it used to reside.

"Let's never see each other again."

-

actually this chapter was like if you hated minwoo because of how they broke up then you'd be like...oh
because it was somehow some sort of misunderstanding ahaha
just two more prompts!