Twenty Eight

things you said

I stared vacantly at my phone as I browsed through social networking sites. I haven't told Minwoo about my extended stay, but I never told him I was going to be here for a year either.

I must have foreseen this, and that annoys me even more. Because if so, I should have raised this issue six months ago.

I stopped scrolling through the page when I saw his name. He was tagged in a new album of photos.

I wonder what he looked like now.

I didn't dare call him ever since the last time, trying to be strong because while he didn't want me to call him again, he was waiting for me.

It was as hard as it was for me like it was for him, and maybe even harder. I wasn't ever so insecure and clingy but these symptoms are appearing more and more ever since my trip here. What about him?

I pressed the screen and it started loading the album. The first picture loaded, and it took me a second to find out where he was in the picture.

The picture frightened me, and I let my phone slip out of my hands.

Some man had his arm slung around Minwoo. Why was Minwoo leaning so close? Why was he smiling?

I hurriedly checked out the other photos, and Minwoo was always around this guy.

Tears welled up in my eyes, and-

"She hasn't moved on?"

I clenched my fists, gritted teeth trying to bite back my anger. I felt something wet fall from my eyes, blurring my vision.

It's been six months since I called him.

I listened to him because I believed he was waiting for me. I listened to him because I believed he was trying to be strong, wanting to see me badly as well.

I listened to him because I believed in our love.

"That is, if she's waiting."

I searched for my contacts and pressed his name, ignoring that it was 3am there in Korea because I needed an explanation right now.

"...hello?"

My heart dropped when I heard his voice. All the anger suddenly dispersed and I really wanted to hug him once more. Surely he would want the same, surely-

"I'm hanging-"

"Minwoo." I managed, wondering if I really wanted to talk about that random guy in his photos. It was an ungodly hour to be jealous of some guy that probably didn't mean-

"Who are you?"

-

Thank you for the 3 comments :D