things you said when you thought i was asleep

things you said

Minwoo wanted to have a sleepover at my house since I was on my break and he had nothing to do. It wasn't like it was the first time he did so, and there wasn't any reason why I had to say no either. We then played tennis in the afternoon, had dinner at a cosy family restaurant and watched two movies in my living room before deciding to call it a night.

A bit bothered by the sweat that still felt sticky against my skin, I told Minwoo I'd be in the shower for a bit and told him to get ready for one too.

By the time I was out, he still sat around on my bed with no apparent intention to bathe.

I raised an eyebrow at Minwoo who was looking at me seriously while I rubbed my towel against my head. I was trying to dry my hair as quickly as possible since I was tired from the day's activities already. Sleeping with a wet head will give me very bad bed hair the next morning, so I thought to put in some more effort in drying it then.

"Go and bathe, Minwoo."

He bounced over and my bare stomach since I walked out in only my underwear, and I let him touch it a bit more as I continued drying my hair.

"You have no abs." He commented flatly, poking the flesh there.

"I'm sorry I'm within the majority of Korean men." I apologised sarcastically, watching him look up at me with cautious eyes. "No, I'm not offended. Go and bathe."

"I don't wanna!" He whined, then falling onto my bed once more.

"You'll sleep on the floor then." I shrugged, starting to put on my pants.

I watched him hurriedly grab a change of clothes before entering my bathroom. "Don't sleep before I come out!"

I reached for a fresh shirt to wear, touching my own stomach at the same time. Well, at least it isn't flabby.

But maybe, maybe I should hit the gym.

-

"Are you asleep?" I could imagine him pouting, then hurriedly chasing the image away in case I burst out into laughter. "You always do things I tell you not to."

He continued poking me all over to check if I was really asleep, sighing softly when I didn't give any reaction.

Apparently resigned, Minwoo dragged away my arm from against my body, then slipping under the covers while cuddling against my arm.

"Maybe today's not the day."

I felt his fingers brush my hair away from my face, those that I purposely arranged that way to complete my act. He leaned closer, the smell of my shampoo somehow stronger on his hair than on my own. Did it always smell so nice?

"Donghyun-hyung." Minwoo hummed softly, abandoning my arm for my waist instead. He slowly crawled on top of me, his light exhalation of breaths tickling my neck.

How close is he, really?

"Your heartbeats are so soothing." He commented quietly, hugging me tighter. "Unlike mine."

I frowned subtly, feeling another heart beating against my ribcage. It was irregular, quickened, and somehow felt closer to me than my own.

"Do you feel mine?" A soft whisper, and I could feel the exhalation from his lips as he leaned close to my ear. "It's always so irregular next to you."

"I'm afraid."

I felt his breath hitched, and almost thought of it as my own.

"I don't want this to change but I need to tell you."

Suddenly both heartbeats felt like mine, in a similar rhythm that was pounding against my chest.

I thought back to when Minwoo reached for my face under the influence of alcohol and kissed me.

"I love you, hyung." He cried softly, body trembling against mine. "And I don't want to hear you say I don't know what love is."

"Because you don't know how much pain I am in everyday watching you watch me cluelessly."

Minwoo slowly crawled off me, and settled for cuddling against my arm once more. His tears wet my shirt and made the area especially cool against the air conditioner, but that wasn't my greatest concern.

-

Thanks chibby521 for the comment!
Ain't I uploading like a bullet train xD?