things you said with no space between us

things you said

I was never on the receiving end so I would never know, but watching Minwoo limp home every time we made love started pricking my conscience. I never intended to hurt him so much, and in retrospect, a lot of it actually had to do with the way he came onto me aggressively.

He'd press his lips against my ears with words so tempting.

"Harder."

And while I was completely satisfied with one round, he would bounce up and demand we go for one more round.

I watched him writhe against me, lower lip bitten down as if to express his determination.

We were doing it again.

I'm not sure if I opened Pandora's box or something with our first time, but this started getting more and more often that I would be surprised no one in Minwoo's family would suspect the way he walks.

Of course, this is also because Minwoo insisted that we don't tell them about our relationship yet, even though we've been together for close to a year now. He wanted me to tell everyone else though, smiling widely when I introduce him to an acquaintance or a colleague at work.

We meet on the days when he came by to visit me after my office hours, and sometimes on weekends. He would curl up against me with eyes pleading and words begging - "let's do it."

"Minwoo." I frowned, pressing down on his shoulders and resisting his motion.

He moaned and leaned against me while catching his breaths, before slowly pushing off me to regard my sudden call for him. "...y-yes?"

"I don't think we should do this so often."

I don't think it's healthy for an eighteen year old man to walk around with a constant limp.

He widened his eyes, and it started glistening so quickly. Minwoo hurriedly moved his hips once more and I held it firmly.

"W-What- Do you not love me anymore?" He cried, sobbing sadly.

There was something wrong with this scene, this reaction, his words; I reached for his cheeks and raised his head.

"Minwoo, what are you talking about?" I started gently, caressing his soft cheeks with a small smile. "I love you a whole lot. You monopolise all the love I possibly have. Didn't I go around my graduation ceremony introducing you as my boyfriend?"

He nodded slightly, letting me swipe my finger against his tears. "B-But..."

"What?" I prodded quietly, waiting for him to pick up on the silence.

"You always..." He looked away, chewing on his bottom lip. "...always...a child."

I widened my eyes, the man before me trembling as he cried.

"Were you...trying to prove to me...?" I frowned, cupping his face and turning him to me.

He nodded, eyes shut tight.

I felt my blood leave me and my skin turn pale. I never picked up on his signs of anxiety, always taking our relationship for granted. He was so foolish, but I was even more stupid for not reassuring him.

I hugged his bare figure and let him cry against me.

"Minwoo, I love you." I his hair, pressing, rubbing soothing circles on his back. "You're not a child to me. If you were, I wouldn't be doing this with you right now. I admit that up to our first time I did find it difficult to touch you because you weren't legal, but I was dating a man from the moment you came to my house and offered me a punch."

He bawled as he heard me, hugging me tighter.

I always forget that not only children get insecure. The man before me always need my verbal confirmation, and I promised to be more loud about my feelings and where our relationship stood for me.

"Minwoo, I love you whether or not we have ." I kissed his shoulder, his face still pressed against mine. "Because what I love isn't your body, nor the , but you."

"I love you a lot, a lot too." He whispered shakily.

"I could never date a child because it would be like babysitting, so you can throw that thought out of the window."

He dug his chin against my shoulder as he nodded.

"Is there anything else bothering you?" I pulled away, looking into his eyes. "I want you to be completely bare before me right now, physically and emotionally."

"No." He shook his head and roughly wiped away the lingering tear tracks before breaking out into a smile. "You ert."

I chuckled as I kissed his smile, swearing to make sure this smile never loses its beauty.