things you didn’t say at all

things you said

I felt my heart pounding against my chest, anticipation about to swallow me whole with every step I took.

Dragging my rather small luggage, I ironically watched others pass me by. I've sent most of my belongings back via postage already, only packing the leftovers in my last week. The unwanted things were then left behind, along with my 16 months old room that was now put up for rent once more.

I could see the smiles on everyone else's face. They had someone waiting for them once they stepped out.

Do I?

I sent him my flight details but didn't get an affirmative reply. We continued chatting back and forth about tying up my loose ends, and I didn't want to probe on whether he would come meet me.

I wasn't sure if he was intentionally avoiding it.

My feet continued taking heavy steps, eyes darting around to fan that small little flame of hope.

There he was.

In a slightly over-sized white dress shirt and fitting jeans, basking in the airport lights while everyone around him turned monochrome.

I apologised distractedly when I walked into someone else, eyes unable to leave him.

He came.

His eyes twinkled in recognition as I moved towards him, a small smile playing on his lips. Locking my gaze onto him, I didn't mind bumping shoulders into strangers and kept marching forward.

Because he came.

He watched me watch him, a hand reaching out to press against my cheeks. A subtle frown was etched between his brows, his hand rubbing my face gently.

Did you not eat right?

I leaned closer towards his palm, eyes fixed on the worry evident on his forehead.

He let his hand fall onto my shoulder, the other hand joining in adjusting my loosely tied tie. Tightening it slightly, his pursed lips ask an unasked question.

Is this how you went to work everyday?

I let myself be dragged by my tie, his breaths against my skin making me so giddy. He smiled softly, tugging me lower once more and then pressing those previously pouting lips lightly against mine.

I reached for his waist, finally realising that I was really home.

Carefully pushing closer, I could feel myself trembling, my muscles spazzing. I could barely control my body, desperately trying to hold him tighter.

He pulled away, a light peck on my lips.

His fingers ran through my hair, eyes locked with mine. I watched him smile, and could burst from my overwhelming emotions because this very angel is now back in my arms.

Living, breathing.

"Minwoo." I whispered, nuzzling against his hair as he buried his face in my chest.

He looked up, and there was something glistening in his eyes as there was in mine.

Welcome back.

-

Thank you for the 4 comments!
And can you believe it, we broke 10 subscribers XD
aaaaaand our favourite couple is back in each other's arms :D