things you said at 1 am

things you said

A very furious rhythm could be heard against my door. I wondered why the person outside wouldn't use the doorbell, but realised it might have spoiled unknowingly.

I don't expect visitors anyway. Not after-

Nevermind, I told myself not to think about him.

Still, it was 1am in the morning and there shouldn't be anyone still working to deliver packages or whatnot. I was only awake because I drank too much coffee in the afternoon.

Opening the door, I widened my eyes at the unexpected scene. There stood him.

He was glowing in the middle of the night, white outfit hugging his small figure closely. A natural blush coloured his cheeks, and I remember that we were in the midst of changing seasons from autumn to winter.

Was he cold?

I thought to invite him in, the least I could do after so easily letting him leave my life.

"Listen." He demanded in a small voice, forcing himself to look me in the eye. "I thought that if things were going to end like this then I might as well take a gamble.

He was nervous.

That thought alone made me want to smile.

"I l-like you." Minwoo decided, changing his words at the last moment. His eyes started averting mine once more, before he shook his head and stared straight. "I love you."

I heard my heartbeat ringing in my ear.

"And I only have two choices for you." He said, taking a step forward.

His voice was shaky, but his gaze was fixed. I watched him close in, but I didn't move.

"Either you close the door on me or invite me in."

His eyes were glistening.

"If you think I'm too young, too childish, I'll accept it as a reason. But if that's your only reason, then invite me in so I have a chance to prove you wrong." He bit on his lower lip as if to strengthen his resolve. "But if everything we had was nothing to you, then slam the door shut so I can tell myself to hate you for the rest of my life."

"That's so selfish." I smiled weakly.

"You know what's selfish?" He glared at me, the tears he tried not to let fall doing the exact opposite. "That you'd leave me in this suffering for two months trying to decide between loving you and hating you."

He clenched his fists and shook violently, and I watched my hands that were aching to reach out to him.

"You must have found out." Minwoo sobbed angrily. "You must have found out when I stopped texting, stopped calling, stopped visiting."

I did.

"But you let me leave."

I did.

"And I hate you!" He cried out, grabbing onto my collar suddenly. "You were so cruel. You rejected me before I had the chance to confess, you trampled over my feelings and didn't give me closure."

"Do you know how long I spent hating myself for loving you even after all that? I felt like a ing loser, holding onto someone who was leaving me behind." He shook me, but he himself was shaking. Slowly releasing his grip, he took a step back and drew in a sharp breath. "So decide. And this time I'll stick to my end of the deal."

I stared at him blankly.

He grew taller again, his hair colour wasn't natural. His build was still smaller than mine but it was no longer like that of a child's. His clothing style was not printed t-shirts and shorts anymore, and it created a new air around him.

He even cursed. I've never heard him curse, or at least never saw him angry, but that was something unimaginable for the Minwoo I first met.

Can someone really change so much in two months?

No, I just didn't pay attention when he was changing before my eyes.

His clenched fists shook more violently, and his next movement was too unexpected for me to block. I fell back on my bottom and touched my nose where a piercing sensation lingered, red liquid staining my hand and shirt.

"Thanks for everything. I was stupid." Minwoo snapped, stomping away.

I got to my feet hurriedly and grabbed his wrist with my clean hand, pulling him to my door.

"Minwoo." I started, wincing at my bleeding nose. "It's cold outside, come in."

He grabbed my bloody hand that was trying to stop the nosebleed and slapped me with his other, before dragging me back into my house. I scrunched up my face at the stinging pain across my cheek and the punch that could still be felt against my nose. "Is your love so sadistic?"

"You left me on edge for two months, bastard." He hissed, pushing me onto the sofa so I could lay down.

I watched him move around in my house and smiled softly.

"You haven't forgotten your way around."

"Your house is too small for me to forget anything." He shot back, reaching for a new box of tissue because I forgot to refill it.

I told myself that I would leave it in his hands.

I would forget him if he forgot me.

But I would love him if he loved me.

I told myself so, but I was lying to myself. Because the only reason I drank so much coffee was that I would spend every sleepless night wondering if I should approach him.

I didn't want things to end like that.

I was waiting for him to make the first move, because I couldn't.

I was waiting.

I was the child.

-

Thanks to chibby521 for the comment ^^
That's 5 prompts down, this will end when I finish the rest of the 18 prompts ^^