things you said when we were the happiest we ever were

things you said

It was the time apart that made our hearts grow fonder. I didn't want to spend a second away from him, and we were almost attached by the hips after my office hours and his school schedules.

"Let's go out on a date." I suggested enthusiastically, watching Minwoo laugh at me. "Hm?"

"You're so active all of a sudden." Minwoo chuckled. "You always avoid going out too often, what with us being guys and all."

"I was never ashamed of us, Minwoo." I frowned, searching for his eyes.

"Ah, I mean-" Minwoo quickly rubbed my back as if soothing me, then pecking my lips to round off his attack. "Relax, I mean it's just surprising you're suddenly so enthusiastic."

"I lost so much time in America." I shook my head, pulling him to sit on my lap as I hugged his waist tightly. "I don't want to waste anymore. I'm going to spend every day showing you how much you mean to me."

"Oh my god, you've gotten so cheesy too." Minwoo shrieked, squealing even more as I tickled him for his comment. "Ah, stop!"

"Where do you want to go?"

"You plan the date course, Mr Romantic." Minwoo smiled, leaning back against me. "Take me wherever you want."

-

"Well, I did give you full control..." Minwoo sighed, staring at our surroundings. "But don't you think we're too old for amusement parks?"

"Doesn't matter." I waved off his concerns, picking out a big pink bow headband for him. "Heh, wear this."

"No!" Minwoo shrieked, almost running away when I caught his wrist just in time. "Don't you dare put something so embarrassing on my head!"

"Come on, it'll be cute!" I cooed, grinning as I hooked my arm around his neck to force the headband on him. "So pretty!"

"No!" Minwoo cried, trying to flail but failing as I hugged him tight around his waist while restraining his arms. "Anything! Anything but this obnoxious headband! I swear I'll wear something but not this one, please!"

I weighed my choices and watched him turn around to give me a small pout, along with slight nudges as if to shake my resolve. I pressed my lips together and finally allowed him to change the headband only if he let me take a picture of him then first.

"Today's going to be a tiring day." Minwoo groaned, looking defeated as I laughed at his image on my phone.

"Give me a smile~!" I urged, smiling along as he bared his teeth like some sort of forced smile. "Okay, okay, you can take it off now."

"Ugh." Minwoo shook his head as he stared at the headband as if it was offensive, before putting it back where it belonged.

"How about kitty ears?" I waved the said headband towards him.

"Then you wear bunny ears!" He shot back, giving me a menacing smile as he held the said headband and inched towards me dangerously.

"Okay!" I agreed instantly, watching him flatten. Chuckling, I helped him wear his headband and let him put on mine. "Little kitty!"

"Stupid bunny."

After purchasing our headbands, we started to look at the amusement park map to start our date proper.

Free-fall rides, roller coasters, swing rides, whatever heart-stopping rides there were, we went on them. Not wanting to let long queues spoil our date, I splurged a little for VIP passes instead.

Minwoo screamed through everything, which was quite a sight for me to enjoy. After about 5 or 6 rides, he started to scream more because he enjoyed it...or so I would like to think.

"Kim...Dong...hyun..." Minwoo panted. "Are you trying to kill me?!"

I pressed a quick kiss, watching his flushed cheeks blush brighter. "Of course not, I wouldn't dare."

"You're so unfair." He pouted, folding his arms.

"Alright, don't be sulky now." I laughed as I s my arm around his waist, guiding him back on track. "It's time for lunch soon, anyway, let's go find some place to eat before it gets crowded."

-

It was crowded as expected, but we managed to find seats for us. Minwoo said he'd stay at our seats and I can just order anything for the both of us to share.

The queue for the food was even worse than the search for seats, and I took out my phone to help ease the wait.

"Hey, baby."

"What baby, I'm not a baby!!"

"You're my baby. :)"

"Goodness, Kim Donghyun, just because you're texting me, it doesn't give you the right to be so embarrassing!!!"

"Haha, the queue's pretty long though, you might have to wait for a while."

"That's fine, I'm just sitting around. On the other hand, you're standing in the queue."

"I'm okay. I can't put my cute boyfriend in this queue when he already let me drag him from roller coaster to roller coaster for the entire morning."

"...it's fine, you know."

"Hm?"

"I mean if you feel sorry about it, don't. I'm enjoying myself too."

"That makes me glad."

"Yeah, so don't think stupid things like I'm being dragged around. It's fun being with you."

"I feel like taking you out of my phone to kiss you."

"You. Are. Very. Embarrassing."

"I love you too."

"Okay, now go play some game on your phone, I'm too lazy to keep up with your antics."

"That's so mean T^T"

"I would really like to see you make that face, you know. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen you cry."

"Well, you heard me cry."

"And so, don't you dare cry when I'm not around to see it. I need to laugh at you for that."

"That applies to you too, baby."

"I'M NOT A BABY."

"You are my baby~!"

"You don't go around dating babies, e!"

"Oh. Is that how it is? Then what should I call you?"

"Can't you just call me Minwoo??"

"Your parents gave you that name. What about my name for you?"

"See, I didn't even make a name for you!"

"You can make one ^_^ If you like it, I'll let you call me anything you want."

"No, I'm good."

"Anyway, that's your homework. Find a name you'd like to be called by and give me one too. Till then, you'll be my baby :D"

"NO."

"Baby~!"

"KIM DONGHYUN."

"Nah, something cuter."

"That's not what I mean, but oh goodness, you're so embarrassing."

"Baby~!"

"Argh, bunny!"

"Bunny?"

"Aren't you wearing that embarrassing headband right now?"

"Ah, the one we bought earlier? Then, are you kitty?"

"...unfortunately."

"My little kitty~!"

"Must I be little?!?!"

"A big kitty is a cat, so yes."

"Anyway, I already gave you one so now wait quietly in the queue! Stupid, stupid bunny."

"Love you too, little kitten."

-

I suggested a haunted house after exhausting most of the rides, but Minwoo was so desperate not to enter one he would get on his knees.

"Come on, it's not that scary." I laughed at him as he squatted down while tugging onto my arm like a spoilt child.

"I don't want, I don't want!" Minwoo whined. "I'll get a heart attack and die from fright!"

"I'll be right beside you." I smiled softly, squatting down with him to give him a peck on his cheeks.

Minwoo still looked a bit disturbed at the thought, but seemed wavered enough for me to slide my arm around his waist and bring him with me.

"In front of me." He pouted, shifting to stand behind me as we entered the VIP queue and was about to enter a said haunted house. "Stand right in front of me."

"Alright." I chuckled, and thanked the staff as she let us enter.

Before us was completely pitch black, and Minwoo instantly hugged me from behind. I felt him tighten his hold as much as he could, tottering like a child so our legs won't tangle.

A green light could then be seen to guide our way, and I didn't want to scare Minwoo further by saying I wasn't the best with haunted house either.

"Ready?" I turned to him, and he nodded against my back.

We screamed together as if rehearsed at every scare sent our way. Minwoo started laughing at my reaction, hold around my waist tightened even more but no longer so much because of fear.

I covered his hands with mine and kept trudging along despite being afraid too.

This was what our relationship felt like at the start too.

Indeed, we were both scared.

But we came so far.

Minwoo squealed at the light, and we emerged from the dark.

Stronger.

-

Night fell and we went to the last ride that we had consciously made sure to wait for. With hands held, Minwoo nodded at my unasked question and we headed to the Ferris wheel.

We were ushered in soon enough, and the cabin had enough space for four. We requested to have a cabin to ourselves, then entering it with light hearts at our granted request.

As our cabin started moving towards the stars, I put my arm around Minwoo's waist to tug him towards me.

"Hm?" He hummed, letting my hands guide him. Settling him nicely on my lap with him facing me, we both laughed at myself. "You're saying we didn't come to this Ferris wheel to watch the night view but for me to watch you?"

"You just need to keep your eyes on me. The view is secondary."

"You're so possessive." Minwoo smiled, circling his arms around my neck.

I cupped his face and knocked his forehead with my own, laughing as he winced. "If you had someone so lovely to call your own, there's no reason why you wouldn't be a bit more possessive."

"You're so unfair." Minwoo pouted, lips so tempting.

"I am?" I smiled, the twinkle in both our eyes brighter than those in the night sky.

"If you're going to do this often, I might fall for you." Minwoo bit his lower lip and grinned, letting me hold him closer.

"There will be so many dates you can't catch a breath." I warned.

"Then I'll look forward to them, my big bunny."

"Place all your love in me, little kitten."

I shifted towards him, capturing his lips in a soft kiss. We stared at each other with eyes open, my hand pressing against the back of his head to bring him closer than humanly possible. I left countless of light kisses against his lips and him against mine, almost finding it a pity to pull apart.

"I can't figure if you or the stars are more beautiful." I nuzzled against his neck, leaving a kiss there before watching him once more.

"Me." Minwoo squeezed my cheeks ruthlessly with his hands, chuckling. "The shining star you get to hold in your arms."

"My Polaris?"

"Whatever you want to call me." He pressed a kiss on the tip of my nose. "...except baby."

"But that's the one I want to call you the most."

Minwoo pressed his lips together with a soft smile, lacing his fingers with my hair. Combing it slightly, he suddenly tugged on them and pulled me forward, lips breathing lightly against my ear.

"If we do ever adopt, that's what we'll call that child."

I felt my heart skip a beat.

"I feel like taking you here and now."

"Unfortunately, I don't have that sort of kink."

-

I bet you guys can tell I've gotten really slow XD
But this was a pretty long piece of fluff so I hope you enjoyed it XD