Dying Flowers

Dirty Pretty Things ↬ Volume 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love came as it often does,

all smiles and fragrant flowers,

but when it left

it left behind the fallen petals

of what was ours.

 

I was greedy, I wanted to be his girl.

 

I was the one who chased him, going around the school sticking by his side.

 

"Oppa! Let's have lunch together, hmm?"

 

"Get to your class, Im Yoona~"

 

ASA!

 

He then dragged me by the collar, bringing me down and I started running back to my building which was 2 blocks away.

 

"SEE YOU AT GATE 3 OPPA!" I was running while smilling at him.

 

I was famous in school, especially by both of our respective courses.

 

I took art and he took architecture.

 

Everyone was throwing glances at me, but I only have my eyes on him.

 

With just him giving me a nod, it made my entire day.

 

"Yoong! You're almost late again!" Yuri was whispering to me, as I stepped into the class, just the moment before the lecture came in.

 

"I went out for awhile~"

 

"You mean meeting your Jiyong oppa?" She shook her head and sighed. "When will you stop rushing to him everytime during breaks and then always rushing back for lesson."

 

"I'm gonna make him mine! Im Yoona's!"

 

It's either I was too young or too naive back then, that was one of my goal before he graduates.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

"Yoona! Here~" He was waiting right in front of the gate, shouting for my name once I was in his vision.

 

"Oppa!"

 

Is this how love feels like?

 

With cherry blossoms floating in the air and the way he smiles when he looks at me. We went for lunch like what he had promised and his action surprised me once again. I was about to thank him for the lunch, getting ready to head home. Even though I really hated the idea of leaving him but it's not the time, yet.

 

"Let's go for movie~"

 

"R-Really?" I couldn't believe my ears, it felt like they were playing a trick on me.

 

"Do I look like a dream to you? Why are you always staring into space~" He gave a light pinch on my nose, dragging me away after that.

 

Yes, he looked like a dream that was so hard to reach.

 

He was queuing for the tickets, then proceeding to get us some popcorns. Just by looking at his backview, my heart started thumping real fast and I was sweating even though it's Spring.

 

"Do you want some?" I whispered softly, pushing the whole tub of popcorn right in front of his face.

 

Instead of replying, he opened his mouth, giving me a sly smile.

 

"You have hands don't you!" I popped one into his mouth while complaining.

 

He was holding the drinks on his left and right after I've finished my sentence, I felt something soft on my hand. After that, it was gripping onto my hands, giving it a comfortable squeeze.

 

And then, his voice came.

 

"So now, would you believe that I have no hands to grab some popcorns?"

 

My face went all flushed and I was heating up, I was so glad that we're in the theatre.

 

 

I was so sure that love has came, with his presence.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

Now that the movie has ended, he did not let go of my hands and we continued to walk out of the mall like this. Hand in hand.

 

I was really happy but I wanted to be sure.

 

After that it was silence all the way, none of us spoke up.

 

"What does this means?" I took the courage to pull up our hands that were intwined, giving them a little shake.

 

"What do you think?"

 

"I don't know."

 

As much as I wanted to believe what was on my mind, it was hard.

 

"It means that I want to be together, with you."

 

With that 10 words coming out from his mouth, I had a total melt down, melting into his arms. He stood in the middle of the road, giving me a hug from the back, with his both hands on mine.

 

"Aren't we together now? You're just behind me." I tried to act nonchalantly, pulling a poker face.

 

But in fact, I was literally on cloud nine.

 

No one would understand how happy I was.

 

"Stop playing push and pull with me, Im Yoona~" His chin was placed on my shoulders, teasing. "The expression on your face is betraying you~ You are loving it so much, right?"

 

"W-Who says!"

 

"You're just a little liar~" A small smirk appeared on his face when he turned me around, still ever so charming.

 

Am I dreaming? If it is, don't wake me up from it.

 

"Stop thinking so much Yoong. If you have feelings for me, even though it's just a little, you can accept it and I'll make you really happy."

 

His fingers slipped between mine, holding onto it tightly. He was so serious about it and that made me drowned in his orbs when he was staring intently at me.

 

Instead of replying him with words, I did it with action. I had no idea where this courage came from but I launched myself onto him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

 

"Is this a yes?"

 

I gave a little nod against his neck, with his arms wrapped around me.

 

Spring is here, so is my love.

 

♡♡♡♡♡
 

After that day, everyday was filled with happiness. With his presence, even if I have a very bad morning, it will all vanish into the air when I meet him in school. We were the couple that everyone had been talking about, with tons of glances thrown on us whenever we're walking together in the campus.

 

We're a hot topic.

 

We do what other couples do, taking those 'couple seat' in the library, staying in school till late at night to 'study'. Attending each other's lecture whenever we have the time, just to spend more time with each other. 

 

Or at least I do.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter