Paper Cuts

Dirty Pretty Things ↬ Volume 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You tore apart, my paper heart

with words that I was dreading.

Now all that's left, of love unsaid,

is dead and made from shredding.

Like cursed confetti, tossed and thrown,

at a doomed and dismal wedding

 

 

Never have I thought that my heart was so fragile until those words were said to me.

 

It wasn't from anyone else, it was her.

 

"L-Let's break up. I cannot do this anymore, please let me go."

 

She asked me to let her go, when I thought she was the only one that would stay by my side.

 

I couldn't grasp what is actually happening, I couldn't even believe what I'd heard.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

It was a typical high school story; how the female lead and male lead met in school. Everything happened like a scripted drama. Yoona was my table mate since the very first year of college. She has a pair of very attractive doe eyes that will make all the guys in school swoon over her, not only that, she's a natural beauty.

 

We hit off pretty well, as friends. Disturbing her during every lesson was part of my daily routine, teasing her every now and then. And of course, getting a little too overprotective over her at times.

 

"Yah, who was that?"

 

I came from behind, raising my voice. She was still facing the direction that the guy went, waving her hands.

 

"Just a senior~ Aren't you a little too protective here Kwon? You're like my dad~"

 

"Stop hanging out with them, only hang out with me. Kwon Jiyong."

 

"Why should I?" She gave a little pout that drove me crazy.

 

"If you are gonna continue to do this with your lips, I don't know what I will do next, Im Yoona." I pressed her lips together, looking right into her eyes.

 

"You wouldn't dare to do anything, it's the campus Mr Kwon~"

 

She's just a normal girl from a normal background, while I was the heir of Kwon Co-operation, born with sliver spoon like what people say.

 

This is something she shouldn't know, at least not now.

 

We're so different, yet I was attracted to her. Like magnet with different poles.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

We got together at the end of the first year of college, with Christmas being just a few days away.

 

"Oppa, what are you gonna get me for Christmas?" She's casually hung her arms on mine, with that gleeful smile on her face.

 

We were walking down on the street filled with people during the weekends, the lights decorations on the trees shinning so brightly. They resembled her smiles; something I hope to see every single day.

 

"What does my baby wants?"

 

"W-Who's your baby?" She looked away immediately, pulling her arms away from mine.

 

"Aww, come on. You can't get any present from me if you're not my baby." I grabbed on her hands and intertwined them before she could slip away.

 

"Always sprouting nonesense..." She looked at our interlaced fingers with her head down, speaking up shyly.

 

"I'm being very serious here Yoong." I halted my footstep and stood in front of her, causing her to bump her head on my chest.

 

"I don't know what are you talking about~ You should spell it clearly~" She looked up.

 

There's no more shyness on her face, just full with mischief.

 

"I Kwon Jiyong, " I cleared my throat a little. "Wants Im Yoona and only Im Yoona to be my girlfriend~"

 

"Then?" She raised her brows, looking like she's enjoying every second of this.

 

"Im Yoona will agree to this, am I right?"

 

"Is that a question or a statement?"

 

"It's a statement," I wrapped my arms around her waist. "You can never run away from this, Im Yoona~"

 

"How sure are y-"

 

I crashed my lips on hers the next moment, in the middle of the street, attracting people's attention. She struggl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter