Stillness

Dirty Pretty Things ↬ Volume 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is a certain stillness,

when even the gentle flutter of a butterfly's wings feels like a hurricane.

The moment when crushing waves fall asleep,peaceful,lost to the serenity of salty dreams.

When tall trees stand to attention and every leaf pauses,

takes a deep breath and holds it.

It is here, beneath the maddening silence I hear your name.

An echo of you.

"Oh, it's you again."

 

A polite smile was coming from the air stewardess infront of me, greeting every passenger that passed by the exit.

 

"You seem to travel a lot. Don't you miss home?"

 

The air stewardess asked when they recognised my facehis is how often I travel.

 

"I love plane rides and I miss the sky the most." I smiled.

 

Not exactly but it's only when I'm in the plane, I'm closest to you.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

Window seats are my favourite, be it day or night when people are trying to get some sleep on the plane, babies are wailing loudy due to the unfamiliarity.

 

I am always doing the same thing; looking out of the plane trying to find your shadow or even a hint of you.

 

Travelling has been a thing to me ever since you said you wanted to travel around the world with me.

 

"Yoona ah, let's leave our marks in every country around the world."

 

"Sure~ you'll be paying for it right?"

 

You had your arms around me, smiling so lovingly as you looked into my eyes.

 

That was the time I told myself I wouldn't be able to live if you're not by my side.

 

That was the time when I realised that getting together with you was the right choice.

 

That was also the time when I fell in love, all over again.

 

With you.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

Everytime when I'm in the plane, I will always think of the first time when we went on a trip together.

 

That was our very first and the last time.

 

After that trip, whenever I step into the plane. I always hope that you will magically appear beside me. Like you did for the first time.

 

"Yah, the window seat should be mine!"

 

We're arguing on who will take the window seat. Childish, I know.

 

"Give me a reason then. A reason that I can accept and give up the seat to you~" You pinched my nose and I scrunched them in return.

 

"Because I'm going to meet my friends in the sky~ They are as pretty as me~"

 

I looked at you and you didn't seem to be convinced, so I continued.

 

"Are you doubting me? Or do you think that the stars are prettier than me and we can't be friends?"

 

"Im Yoona is prettier than the universe~" You were pinching on my cheeks as you spoke. "But it's my turn during the next trip alrights? I want to meet your friends too."

 

"Promise!"

 

I gave a peck on your lips excitedly, receiving envious stares from people who passed by.

 

We're on our way to Austria, the land of serenity.

 

You wanted to have the window seat during our next trip, but that never did happen.

 

If I knew this would happen, I should have gave the seat up to you.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

Since I start travelling around the world, I've always wanted to return to Austria.

 

I was afraid, afraid of remembering those memories of you. And of course, it happened.

 

They appear so frequently whenever I step into a plane. You seem to be everywhere.

 

Even when I'm ordering my meal, it's like you're right beside me.

 

"Ji?" You were soundly asleep as I shook you, giving taps on your face.

 

"Hmm?" You didn't open your eyes as you replied, almost falling back to sleep.

 

"Yah, look at me." I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter