Raindrops II

Dirty Pretty Things ↬ Volume 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a sparkly raindrops kind of morning -

little diamonds failing on leafy green.

Our lips wet, kissing under a tree.

*continuation from the previous chapter

 

"Yoong! Why are you all drenched?!"

 

The moment I unlocked the door, Yuri was about to make herself comfortable on the couch.

 

She came rushing towards me before running towards the bathroom to grab a towel.

 

"Come on, you'll fall sick." She wrapped the towel around me, pulling me into a hug. "Must be Kwon Jiyong. That brat again."

 

This is why people say that both of us are like twins and I couldn't agree more. Yuri could tell what's wrong with me without me saying anything.

 

"I-It's nothing, I will be fine..." I gave her a few pats on the back and walked back to my room.

 

Even though I'm really thankful, I really needed sometime alone.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

No one knows what actually happened back then. It wasn't just a bringing-a-friend-back-for-dinner thing. To Jiyong, it was him being a kind soul, inviting someone that is alone in the country for dinner, but that's not the case for Dara.

 

Many might think that I was being purely jealous and hence started to distant myself away from him, but I'm not that kind of person. Yes, I admit that I was jealous but that was not the main reason for my action.

 

It was just a normal day for me, walking aimlessly around the school looking for Jiyong.

 

I was troubled, with the feelings I have for Jiyong.

 

"Yah Yoona! Did Jiyong got himself a new girl?"

 

In front of me was Hyoyeon and Sunny; few of my besties in school

 

"Mwuh? What are you talking about?" I let out a chuckle. "If that's the case, I will be the first to be informed."

 

Looking at their worried faces, I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

 

Well, almost half of the female population in the schools has their eyes on Jiyong.

 

"Are you sure? He has been so close to that newly transfer student and they have been hanging around in school, having lunch together."

 

So this is why he said he would be busy and would not have the time to have lunch with me?

 

"What's her name?"

 

"Dara."

 

"She might just be a normal friend to him! You girls should stop bothering about him and focus on your grades~"

 

"Yah Im Yoona! You are looking down at us isn't it!"

 

"I didn't say anything~"

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

I was just his childhood friend, I was not in the position to control who he was hanging out with.

 

But, my only wish was for him to look at me as a women and not his little sister. I love Jiyong, not as a friend, but something more.

 

"Im Yoona?"

 

An unfamilar voice rang from the back and I turned my head, realising who she was at one glance.

 

Dara.

 

"Yes?"

 

It's not a suprised that she knew who I was. My name is always associated with Jiyong's. I can phrase it in this way; If someone knows who Kwon Jiyong is, they will know who Im Yoona is. Vice versa.

 

"Let's have a talk shall we?"

 

There was a hint of threat in the way she spoke and moreover this should'nt be the way to talk to someone whom you've meet for the first time right?

 

"What do you want to talk about? I am rushing for my next class."

 

Since she didn't bother to be polite, why should I?

 

"I heard that you and Jiyong are really close."

 

Having to hear Jiyong's name from , I was disgusted.

 

"Can you please get to your mainpoint?"

 

I could already figure out what she's going to talk about since the moment she had mentioned Jiyong.

 

"Stay away from Jiyong."

 

"Why should I?" I scoffed. "Who are you to tell me what to do?"

 

Looking at her, trying to phrase out her words as I continued.

 

"If you have nothing else to talk about, I'm leaving."

 

"I like Jiyong." She said it so calmly and I was not even suprised.

 

I looked at her with my eyebrows raised. "Tell this to Jiyong and not me. I am not in any position to tell him who to date or not."

 

"Jiyong only treats you like his little princess, stop dreaming Im Yoona!" She rebutted. "Others might not know this but I can see that you like Jiyong. You know, women's sixth sense."

 

"If Jiyong really likes you, I will never be a threat." I stared at her and spoke out every word clearly. "If you have the time to come and find me just because of this, why don't you spend the time to think about how are you gonna make Jiyong to fall in love with you."

 

After I finished my sentence, I turned and walk away.

 

"I don't care which ever method I'm gonna use, Kwon Jiyong will always be mine! He just treats you like a sister!"

 

Fat hope.

 

That's what I thought in my mind.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

That's why I was actually pissed off when I heard that he went to pick Dara up. My first instinct was, she's gonna snatch him away from me.

 

More than being pissed, I was afraid.

 

This was one of the reasons it took me such a long time to accept Jiyong. It was hard for me but I'd rather not let him know what actually happened. Even though Jiyong and I were an item now, the thought us being so close to each other from young and Dara's words was haunting me, letting me questioned myself if this was alright.

 

We've been so close, knowing so much about each other's habit. I'm just afraid that there will be one day, where I couldn't even grasp what I'm actually feeling. The feeling for each other will fade into thin air without us realising because we're so used to each other. Or maybe right from the start, like what Dara had said, he doesn't love me. Not those kind of love anyway. He just treats me like a sister. 

 

"Yoong? Yoona? Im Yoona!"

 

"N-Neh?"

 

"You've been spacing out since you came out from your room!" She took a glance to my left where my phone was at. "And your phone has been vibrating non-stop, not even for a mere second."

 

"I'm a-"

 

"On top of that, I just received a call from Jiyong and he's already downstairs."

 

The thing about him is that after a quarrel or a misunderstanding, he'll never leave me alone o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter