Melancholia

Dirty Pretty Things ↬ Volume 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am alone,

love passes by.

Crying tears,

I wonder why -

I cannot find

what others found.

"Why, why is this always happens to me."

 

"Why what? You've been constantly mumbling to yourself since few minutes ago."

 

"Fany unnie, why." I sighed as I looked towards the vast, blue sea, which seems to have no ending. "Why am I always alone when love passes by?"

 

"If you are hinting about Lee Seunggi then let's drop the topic but if you are hinting towards Kwon Jiyong, I don't understand what are you trying to say, Yoong." She threw a smirk as she continued. "When you are together with Lee Seunggi, everyone around, the public were praising this relationship. Mentioning how pretty this relationship is but Lee Seunggi is really not your type."

 

"Then what's my type?"

 

"Are you sure you're asking me this?" She laughed. "I am always on Kwon Jiyong's side~"

 

"Just because you are close to him~ Bias~"

 

"Don't tell me you can't see alrights? He's so much better than Lee Seunggi, just look at his actions around you. Your unnies including me have been swooning over him."

 

"He has been so nice to me, like how he would treat his little sister if he has one."

 

"How can you be sure about that?"

 

"Instinct?" I turned around and looked at her. "We've been hanging out so often after our breakups; we are just mending each other's open wounds. We are able to know what each other is feeling and this is not love unnie. It's not."

 

"You're a heartbreaker, Im Yoona~"

 

She just chuckled and walked away, back towards the pension.

 

I am not a heartbreaker, I'm just protecting myself, my paper heart.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

"Why do you like to go outdoor with this kind of weather, I know Spring is here but it's still chilly Miss Im."

 

I was reprimanded the moment I stepped in, with his hands wrapped around mine, transferring warmth to me. With my unnie glancing towards the entrance, throwing teasing stares.

 

I am used to all this, ever since I started being 'too close' to the famous G-Dragon. Everyone that sees us walking together, the first thing they ask will be 'Are you guys together?'

 

In fact, we're just two lost soul, being in each other's company.

 

"Yah, the both of you. Aren't you two coming over?"

 

"If you guys wanna spend time together, please get a room~"

 

"U-Unnies!"

 

And yes, even though there's nothing going on between the two of us, I will still get embarrassed whenever I hear teasing.

 

Everyone was crowding around, it was just one of the frequent gatherings that both groups have. Matching everyone schedules, planning out a date when everyone is free and we'll have a mini party like this.

 

"We're actually going to get a room, see you guys later." He grabbed two bottles of soju from the table and I was dragged into his room.

 

Oh have I mention? We always hold party in his pension, just because he's horrendous when he gets drunk.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

"Yours~" He passed me the bottle of opened soju, I took a big gulp.

 

I really like the scent of his room, it calms people down and I am comfortable in pouring everything out to him.

 

Is it the atmosphere or it's just him that's making me really comfortable, I don't know anymore.

 

"Wow wow, seems like this little deer is feeling vexed."

 

"I am always vexed and alcohol is my best friend~" I have already finished one bottle and I reached out to grab his, which was untouched.

 

I just kept drinking with him quietly sitting by my side, looking out of the window with skies filled with stars.

 

"Oppa, tell me why, why can't I find what others have found? Tiffany unnie has Tabi oppa, Yuri unnie has Soohyuk oppa and Youngbae oppa has Hyorin unnie." I sighed deeply. "W-Why is everyone around falling in love except for me? They a-are all so madly in love but I can't seem to find mine."

 

I was tearing up, vision getting blurrier as I spoke, choking at a few words.

 

To put it in simple words, I was envious. I was envious of how easily people are falling in love and here I am, sitting down wailing about my insecurities.

 

"If you look carefully, it's just around you, just next to you in fact."

 

"Oppa, I know what you're trying to say but both of us are deeply hurt. We just happened to appear in each other's life when we needed someone to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter