The Thief

Dirty Pretty Things ↬ Volume 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn't right, you know it's wrong,

the heart you took, did not belong.

But now it's gone, it's your to keep,

for another's loss, is theirs to keep.

 

"Oppa! Seunggi oppa and I are official now!!"

 

You were squealing like you had won a lottery while my heart was bleeding like it had been slitted with a knife.

 

"C-Congrats! Be happy, Yoong."

 

That was the most I could say, even though I was hurting inside but more than anything, I wanted you to be happy.

 

"I will! Oppa, how is it going between you and Kiko?"

 

There, I felt another slit on my heart.

 

Must you really do this to me?

 

Im Yoona.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

It's been a long while since I've last saw her. I distanced myself away from her, hoping that she'll find your happiness with him.

 

She was still that Im Yoona I knew, glowing in the dark even though we're in a club.

 

She's like the light in my eyes.

 

We're having a year end party and she was sitting right there. I had no guts to go near her, I had no idea how to act around her ever since she got yourself another guy.

 

I want her to be happy but I'm not, when she's not around.

 

"GUYS LET'S HEAD DOWN TO THE DANCE FLOOR!"

 

Instead of following everyone down to the dance floor, she just stayed in her seat, taking sips from her drink from time to time.

 

I took steps towards her, and when she saw me she stunned and gave me a smile afterwards. I guess she didn't know I would be here today.

 

"Don't recognize me anymore?" I teased and tried to count with my fingers. "After 7 months?"

 

Yeap, the last time I've seen her was during her birthday party earlier this year, of course her boyfriend was there with her. I couldn't bear to see them together, so I passed her gift to Youngbae and left.

 

"Stop teasing me," She gave a chuckle, "7 months? It felt longer than that though?"

 

"It's been awhile... How's your relationship going?"

 

"Not gonna say it's good."She poured herself another drink to the brim and drank it in one shot. "Ji, everything feels wrong."

 

The way she called my name, it felt like we've just met yesterday. We're so comfortable around each other, who cares about that 7 months?

 

"But it's okay," Her voice rang again. "It will all be alright."

 

It reminded me of the article that I saw last night,

 

She continued to fool herself and I couldn't say anything.

 

I've no position to do that.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

2:48am, the digital clock was shinning brightly in the dark.

 

It was 2 hours past midnight and I was woken up by the knocks on the door. Sure enough, I dragged myself away from the bed and headed towards the door.

 

I was even more surprised to see who was standing outside that all of my sleepiness went off.

 

"Why are yo-"

 

Before I could even finish my sentence, she came towards me with her arms around my waist, burying her head against my chest. I caught her in my arms, turning around to close the door with a thud.

 

"Hey, what's wrong?" I spoke to her softly while rubbing my hands against her back.

 

"It's gone, everything is over." Her voice was muffled but I could hear her so clearly.

 

The love that didn't belong to her was gone.

 

"You knew that his heart wasn't yours, you knew that he had someone else behind your back. And yet, you're crying because he's gone." I was angry, angry about everything that she was doing to herself. It felt like she's throwing herself into a pit of burning fire.

 

As expected, she pushed me away after hearing my sentence.

 

"You're angry at me?"

 

"My heart is aching for you Yoona! I don't understand why are you doing this to yourself!"

 

"You're gonna leave me too aren't you?" She cried while turning back to the door. "You're gonna leave me like what he did!"

 

Instead of grabbing her arms, I shouted.

 

"IM YOONA, YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS WALKING AWAY FROM ME NOW!"

 

That was it, I've never shouted at her like this. The whole house was back to dead silence along with sounds of her sniffling.

 

Just by looking at her back view, my heart softened a little. She was like the little unwanted puppy that was abandoned at the corridor.

 

I shook my head and walked towards her.

 

I admit defeat, I lost.

 

She had her head down, I placed my fingers on her chin and lift them up. Her face was filled with tears and more was flowing out from her beautiful doe eyes.

 

"Gosh, why are you crying again?" I guessed I just ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter