Bonsai

Dirty Pretty Things ↬ Volume 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What could be a love so fierce,

in your hands so gently trimmed.

Each little cut you take with caution,

a love suspended but never grown.

*note: please read chapter 24 if you haven't, this is a sequel.

 

I was tired of love, I want to be alone.

 

/Yah Yoong? Are you listening to me?/

 

"Yeah yeah, continue~"

 

/There's nothing to continue. I have already finished my sentence./

 

"Opps, sorry~ Why did you call again?"

 

/I'm asking you, when is our famous artist coming back?/

 

"Not so soon, you should fly over if you miss me~"

 

/It's has been 2 years Yoong, you haven't been back ever since you left! Not even once./

 

"Unnie, you know the reason. I don-"

 

/Korea is so huge! There's no 100% chance you're gonna bump into him."

 

/Let's talk about this next time. I-I have to go now."

 

/Aish, Im Yoona. What am I suppose to do with you?/

 

"Love me more~ Bye!"

 

I left Seoul, 2 years ago when I couldn't stand being in there; everywhere I go, there's always a hint of him.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

Everyday when Yuri called, she's always has her own way of dragging me back to Korea.

 

There's no point going back; I living fine here, doing something I love.

 

I'm now working with a company which is very well-known for their art pieces. The difference between this company and the others is, they will only agree on the project if their artist agree to work on it. Hence, being able to be in this company is such a hounour for me, it's like fufilling one of my biggest dreams.

 

"Miss Im, the boss is looking for you." My secretary gave a knock on the door before passing down the message.

 

"Noted."

 

I suppose there's some big project coming on, if not I wouldn't be called up.

 

"Come in."

 

"Good morning, Mr James."

 

"Spare those formality, how many times must I tell you this? Take a seat Yoona."

 

I gave a polite smile. After working for so many companies within these 2 years, I must say he is the best boss I have ever met.

 

He pushed his folder towards my direction.

 

"I would like to know you view on this. I'll give you a few days to decide if you want to take it under your hands and of course, you know the company's policy. If you turn this down, I will decline the offer too."

 

"Thank you Mr James, I will think through it carefully."

 

It was another opportunity for me. Instead of other artists, he chose me.

 

I finally found out the reason why I was selected specifically; it was a project in Korea. A project of building the biggest mall, in the theme of love, named 'BLOSSOM'.  My job was to paint along with the theme and those artworks would be place around the mall. Of course, it's not as simple as it seems. I would have to meet up with the architecture, the interior designers and everyone that is related to this building.

 

Hence, I have no choice but to go back to Korea for this project; it's probably gonna take up years

 

I guess this is god's will?

 

To return to Korea.

 

I agreed readily for the project and you will never imagine how happy my boss was; he was literally grinning all the way. After signing, the next moment he handed me the plane ticket, telling me that the flight was the following day. I was busy packing everything into boxes, I didn't even have the time to tell Yuri about the this.

 

And the next thing I know, I was on the plane back to Korea.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

"Yul, are you at home?"

 

/Of course, there's no one here for this lonely soul~ Hold on, let me get the door./

 

"I guess your soulmate is here?" I tried to control my giggles, having the urge to film this down. I couldn't wait for her reaction.

 

She froze for a good one minute before screaming like there's no tomorrow.

 

"OH MY GOSH, YOONA!!!!!!!!!!"

 

Stage 1; She was busy screaming while hugging me.

 

"ARE YOU REALLY MY IM YOONA??!"

 

Stage 2; Disbelief, she was pinching my cheeks, holding them while looking right into my eyes.

 

"Oh my gosh, Yul! Can we get into your house first? There's a few boxes to carry in~"

 

"Why are you back all of a sudden?"

 

"Work, there's gonna be a big project in Korea."

 

"Work work work. For work you're willing to come back. I have been asking you to come back over the phone for nearly 2 years! Sometimes I really doubt our frienship."

 

"Awww, I will repay back~ I will be staying in Korea for quite sometime, at least until everything is settled."

 

"I don't know if I should thank you or your boss seriously~"

 

"You should thank me. I was the one that made this decision~"

 

"Go to sleep, you're gonna have a tough day tomorrow."

 

"Yes mama Kwon~"

 

"YAH!"

 

It didn't seem like a bad idea to come back, right?

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

It was the first time in such a long time being on the road in Korea, everything seemed awkwardly familiar to me.

 

Upon arriving at the front door, there was already people leading the way. I was eventually led to a conference room where there were a few famous designers in the room.

 

Just when I was wondering when this meeting was gonna start, a familiar figure walked into the room.

 

Everyone's eyes was on him. It was Kwon Jiyong.

 

Tell me what did I do wrong to deserve this?

 

All I wanted was to come back for a project. Just as I was cursing inside, he stood up to introduce himself.

 

"I am the main architect for this project, Kwon Jiyong. 'BLOSSOM' is designed to be the first largest mall in Korea. I would like to thank everyone who has agreed to take part in this, as everyone of you have look through the documents, the theme of this mall will be love."

 

I could feel his glances on me as he reached his last sentence. I tried to shrug it away but his presence was so strong. I mentally cursed at myself for not reading the documents carefully.

 

If I knew that he was involved in this, I wouldn't have came back. 

 

For the whole meeting, even though I appeared as if I was focusing and listening, my heart was somewhere else. The only thing that I heard was that the architect and the artist would have to work closely for this project.

 

Someone kill me please.

 

I was the last one to leave, with him behind. Just as I was about to take a step out of a room, my name was called out.

 

"Yoona."

 

How long have I not heard his voice? It was awfully familiar.

 

Putting aside all the feelings, trying to act professional, I gave a reply.

 

"Mr Kwon, if you have anything to discuss about the project, it will be better if you contact my secretary." I gave a polite smile before turning my back against him.

 

After all these years, I didn't know my heart will still hurt at the sight of him, I didn't know his presence would still have such a huge impact on me.

 

It was once a love so fierce and it caught fire, burning down everything, including my heart.

 

"Give me a few minutes, please."

 

His arms came right in front, shutting the door, standing right in front of me. This was the first time in 2 years, I had a good chance to look at him.

 

He is still the Kwon Jiyong like before, getting even more handsome as he ages. 

 

"I don't think such important project can be discussed within a few minutes, I think yo-"

 

"I'm sorry." Never ever have I imagined I would hear this from him. My eyes went all wide and stared at him. "I'm sorry for hurting you but I just wanna let you know, as much as you're hurting, I am hurting too."

 

Then it was silence, with his hands slowly wrapping around mine, he then released them and wrapped his arms around my waist instead.

 

"I miss you, I really do."

 

With his chin resting on my shoulder, speaking so softly in my ears. I have no idea what to do with my hands, they were just hanging on the sides.

 

The pain on my heart that I thought was healed, suddenly had a relapse.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

If you guys thought that something happened after that, I'm sorry there wasn't. After that, I shrugged away his arms and immediately ran out of the room.

 

Because I was a coward.

 

"Yoona-shi. Yoona-shi?"

 

Right, I was in a meeting.

 

"E-Eh? I'm sorry, " I cleared my throat and gave an apologetic smile before I continued. "Before painting, I would like to take a look at the sketch of the building in order to gauge the size of every painting. Lastly, I would like to have everyone's opinion on the colour used on the painting."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"It's easy for me to just choose any colour but for this project, there's a theme and it's love. A lot of colours can be associated with love and that includes black." There were alot of murmurings as I continued. "I've been working on lots of project and there are different views of associating black with love. I understand that many tend to prefer the colour pink and red to represent passionate love. Hence, I would like to seek permission to use black in some of the paintings."

 

"May I ask why do you associate black with love?"

 

Finally after a long 3 hour of meeting, Kwon Jiyong finally spoke up. Everyone had their eyes on him and after that redirecting their eyes on me.

 

"Not everyone will have a smooth sailing relationship. Love doesn't come easy. Many people have to go through a lot just to get what they always wanted but it might end up to be a misery." I was looking at him directly in the eyes while saying that, directing my eyes away after that."Of course, not only in relationships, kinship, frienshi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter