The Saddest Truth

Dirty Pretty Things ↬ Volume 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The saddest truth is realising you have fallen madly

in love with what can never be.

 

To me, the best feeling in the world is to fall in love.

 

The fluttery feelings you get when you see that person.

 

The urge to approach them to start a conversation, of wanting to stay by their side.

 

Even if it's just sitting side by side, with no words.

 

But what have I gotten myself into?

 

Wanting to be with the someone that cannot be. 

 

Wanting to fall in love with the rich princess.

 

Im Yoona.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

She's the only heir of the Im Corporation and I am the one taking over Kwon Corporation.

 

And that itself already explains a lot.

 

Kwon and Im Corps are the biggest and the most powerful companies in Korea. However, both companies are enemies in terms of business. Just a mere interaction between the both can cause the whole country to shake, not even mentioning being in a relationship with her.

 

It will cause the whole world to shake; it's impossible.

 

She's like the stars that I can never reach.

 

I keep this feelings to myself, not wanting to tell her. It will only bring unwanted burdens on her shoulders, not knowing what will be the better choice.

 

Anyways, she's getting engaged, to Lee Soohyuk.

 

Lee Soohyuk is the eldest in the Lee family, naturally he will be the one taking over the company.

 

There are so many things to be hesitant about, so many feelings to take care of during this process.

 

Most importantly, I don't know how she feels, towards me.

 

I am capable to do anything to have her beside me even though both of our backgrounds are world apart. I am just not capable of breaking her heart.

 

I know how much her dad means to her and she will not even blink an eye if it threatens her relationship with her dad.

 

This love ends before it even starts.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

We meet in those frequent company dinners, even though both companies are enemies, we still have to attend such gala dinners.

 

To be honest it was love at first sight, she was literally glowing in that black gown of hers. Holding onto her dad's arms, putting a smile on her face for the sake of all the businesses.

 

Just last month, we had out secret meet up, trying not to be in the eyes of the press.

 

She said she had things that she had to tell me but it was the most disastrous news to me.

 

"Oppa, I am getting engaged..."

 

She was looking at me with that pair of eyes, it felt like she wanted me to do something about it.

 

But I can't.

 

"O-Oh, Congrats!"

 

"That's all?"

 

That was the reply she gave to me and I could see tears welling up in her eyes.

 

"Y-Yeah, you would be happy with Soohyuk. It's him right?" I let out a chuckle, but she would never know how much it was hurting inside.

 

"Seems like I am the only one on this boat..." She looked down on her feet, giving a cold chuckle."You aren't with me, you aren't feeling the same.."

 

"Yoong, you know we can't..." I was very firm with my decision.

 

She didn't seem to understand and finally exploded.

 

"Why?! There's so many ways, we could do it secretly or if we're left with the last choice, I can go and talk to my dad!"

 

"Yoong, you would never want to fight with your dad and I would never want to see that," I wiped away her tears, smiling at her. "I know how much your dad means to you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter