Second Chance

Dirty Pretty Things ↬ Volume 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We kissed beneath the twisted trees,

our lips between the stars,

tiny ripples in the lake,

this love, once lost, is ours.

*note: please read the previous chapter if you haven't, this is a sequel

 

"Are you guys hidding things from me?" I eyed at everyone in the room suspiciously.

 

The five of us.

 

"What? Why should we hide things from you~" Seungri spoke up, with mouth full of rice.

 

If no one wants to admit it, then I will go straight to the point.

 

"Im Yoona, that girl. Who is she?"

 

Right then, Seungri choked on his rice, his face flushing red.

 

Seunghyun hyung passed him a cup of water nonchalantly, faking a few coughs.

 

"Why are you asking this?"

 

"She feels familar even though we have just met for the first time last month!"

 

It's frustrating; I kept forcing myself to recall my memory but nothing had came back.

 

There must be something that everyone is hiding from me, including the girl herself.

 

Im Yoona.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

If I didn't know her, she wouldn't be clinging onto me, crying her hearts out.

 

If I didn't know her, our friends would not be in shock everytime I ask about her.

 

Just like a month ago, after that day when she left my car hurriedly after being a mess due to all the tears.

 

I approached Youngbae for her number but what he told me was; "Go get it from her yourself."

 

She had been avoiding me, or should I put it simply that everyone was helping her to avoid me.

 

She didn't appear during our next gathering.

 

Neither did she appear in her office.

 

It felt like she had vanished into thin air after that day.

 

I was desperate to get her contact or any possible way to contact her.

 

"Youngbae, please."

 

I even begged.

 

I got hold of her number eventually but calling, texting, I tried everything. She refused to pick up or reply. 

 

"But Ji..."

 

"Just this time, please."

 

I was very determined to get her address from Youngbae with him contemplating since this morning.

 

"Yoong would kill me and so would Yul."

 

"I promise that I would explain to her! And to Yul too if you want! Do you know how hard is it for me right now? No one is on my side! I know that everyone is trying to help her to hide from me!"

 

"I-I.."

 

"Don't you want me to have my memory back?"

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

I was standing in front of her door for the past 10 minutes; reaching out for the door bell but pulling my arm back before I could press the bell.

 

It's now or never.

 

Ding dong.

 

"Coming~"

 

Her voice was heard from inside and the next thing I heard was the opening of the door.

 

Once her eyes met mine, that small grin on her face was gone.

 

She pulled back the door instinctively, refraining me from entering.

 

I stretched out my leg, placing them in between the door to stop her. 

 

"Yoona."

 

I called out, ignoring the pain on my feet since she continued to try her best to close the door.

 

"W-Why are you here?"

 

"I need to talk to you."

 

"We have nothing to talk about!" She continued to try to pull her door back frantically, while I used this chance to grab her wrist.

 

When my hand touched her wrist, she started shouting.

 

"Let go!" she screamed. "Why are you doing this to me!"

 

I was firm until I saw tears streaming down her face.

 

I thought I was hurting her and let go of my grip immediately. But the next moment, she crumbled down on the floor.

 

"Why are you here... I don't want to see you..."

 

I stood down, getting to the same eye level as her. My hand reached out for her face, wiping away the tears.

 

"Didn't I told you not to cry? I still don't know why my heart is in pain whenever I see you cry but I know I don't want to see your tears."

 

I held her face up, looking right into her eyes.

 

"I know something must have happened between us. Tell me everything, hmm?"

 

This time round, there wasn't any awkwardness between us.

 

At least to me, it felt comfortable.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

"You just came back from a trip?"

 

She let me in finally and I saw a large suitcase, remembering what Tiffany told me.

 

She gave a slight nod, guesturing me to have a seat.

 

"Why did you avoid me?"

 

"Since when?"

 

"Tiffany was supposed to go on this business trip but you were the one that changed her schedule." I smirked, exposing her lie. "You flew right after that day."

 

"In case you don't know the business world very well, it's very normal to have a change of schedule, Dr. Kwon."

 

"Right, that might be possible."

 

I kept looking around, the interior design of this house catching my eyes, being totally my style.

 

"What a nice house you have here," I let out smile. "So, care to tell me more about it? What happened b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter