Deception

Dirty Pretty Things ↬ Volume 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I fell in love with love it seems,

for what was real is not.

The lies you spun when we begun, you thought would be forgot.

Time heals all wounds - you said to me,

well this I say to you -

The scars I wear, I cannot bear, for it is my heart you broke in two.

 

"Let's just end this."

 

I let out a chuckle, knowing this would come sooner or later.

 

I was laughing but my heart was bleeding, profusely.

 

"Kwon Jiyong, you are really something."

 

While he was busy fighting back for his lost love,

 

I was hopelessly falling in love with him.

 

"Yoong..."

 

"Stop calling me that, I will never want to hear that coming out from your mouth ever again!"

 

That name of affection, was something that I loved so much.

 

Loved.

 

"You thought I wouldn't know, but in fact I know every single thing. Whenever you are coming out with excuses about giving our date a miss, you are always with that girl." I let out a dry chuckle, ignoring the tears that were falling like a running tap.

 

"Funny, why am I even crying?" I wiped them away, mocking at myself. "All the lies you have spun when we first started, I knew every single one of them. Do you want to know why I didn't even squeak anything in front of you?"

 

He was looking at me into the eyes, I saw sadness in his eyes but I refused to believe and brushed it away.

 

He didn't deserve the second chance.

 

"It's because I trusted myself and I trusted you even more. I thought that whatever we were doing now, I would at least have a small space in your heart. But guess what, you each time, you were allowing that girl to eat up all the space rather than sparing some for me."

 

"We shouldn't have crossed each other path."

 

All along, I was the one speaking, refusing to hear any of his explanation.

 

Because I didn't need them.

 

"Time will heal everything..."

 

This was the only sentence I've heard from him before I let it all out.

 

What a jerk.

 

"The scars I wear, I cannot bear, for it is my heart you broke into two..." With tears still streaming down my face, I shouted. "I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!"

 

♡♡♡♡♡

ONE YEAR LATER

 

Everything was wrong from the start.

 

We should have just remained as friend, that one step that both of us took was all a mistake.

 

I was over it; not complety but trying.

 

Even though I was moving on fine but whenever I stumbled across memories of us,

 

My heart still aches, even though he's a jerk.

 

The ring of my doorbell brought me out from my daydream.

 

I walked towards the door mindlessly and in front of it, stood a guest that I did not expect.

 

It was that her - Jung Sooyeon.

 

"Not gonna invite me in?"

 

I was still stunned; she was still as beautiful even when time passed.

 

But why is she here?

 

I didn't utter a word and let out a space for her to enter.

 

And what am I even doing?

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

I tried my best to put on a poker face, speaking in the coldest tone.

 

"I have something to tell you, but promise me you will stay calm?"

 

"I am not gonna be affected of the news between the both of you because there's no point to be. Getting married?" I spat. " Don't even bother sending me an invitation, because I wouldn't be there. Even without my blessing, you two will stay fine."

 

"Im Yoona, do you even have a heart?"

 

"That's right, I don't. It's long broken by your beloved boyfriend or fiancé or husband-to-be or whatever."

 

Memories of all his lies came back; just when I thought I was already over all of them.

 

"Yoona... It's not like this, Jiyong is not someone like this..."

 

"Stop mentioning about him infront of me. It's none of my business if he's like this or not," I tried my best to hold in my tears. "Whatever reason he has, it's too late."

 

"You are too much! I guess I made the wrong choice in coming here today."

 

"If you are done with your words, you may take a leave right now."

 

"Jiyong is in the hospital now." Every single word from her hit right into my heart. "If you still have some conscience left, I suggest you pay him a visit."

 

She threw me a sentence before she walked away coldly.

 

"He doesn't have much days left..." 

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

I was pacing back and forth at the entrance of the hospital, deciding whether I should go up.

 

He might not want to see me, I was afraid.

 

For the first time it wasn't due to anger but my fear.

 

"Yoona?"

 

When I looked up, Soohyuk oppa was standing right in front, looking at me confusely.

 

"Oppa.."

 

"Why are you here? Are you sick?"

 

"Why didn't you tell me?" A tear of frustation rolled down my cheeks.

 

Even though I had already cut all the ties with his friends, Soohyuk oppa was a exception.

 

He was like a brother to me; he was the one that brought us together, he was the one who was always by my side when I have problems.

 

I couldn't bear to do it.

 

"Why are you crying," He put up a smile and wiped my tears away. "Let's go up, he will be happy to see you."

 

"N-No, I can't..." I was fidgeting, the thought of meeting him after 1 year was too scary. " He wouldn't want to see me."

 

Especially after I had said those words to him.

 

"He wouldn't."

 

After that I was pulled by him, taking the elevator to the highest floor, for the VIPs.

 

Just before he opened the door, I gave a tug on his hands.

 

"How is his condition?"

 

"I will leave this to him. Let him have a chance to tell you himself."

 

There, the door slid open.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

When the door slid open, he was there lying on the bed.

 

The room seemed so spacious with an king size bed in the middle; Everything was so empty, so lonely.

 

He was sleeping soundly but not peacefully. Brows were all furrowed up, only beepings from machine could be heard.

 

"How long has he been here?"

 

I kept staring at his face, losing in my own thoughts before I decided to speak up.

 

"3 months ago, when his body decided to fail him despite all the medication."

 

"Why didn't any of you utter a word to me..."

 

"It hasn't been easy on him, remember this." Soohyuk oppa gave a pat on my shoulder, giving a sigh. "I will excuse myself first."

 

After Soohyuk oppa left the room, I took a seat beside his bed.

 

Where did the Kwon Jiyong I know went?

 

All I could see, is a weak man lying on the bed, his lips chapped and his pale face made him look even more ill.

 

I sat down and looked at his features as the time passed by.

 

Then, his eyes twitched and so did my heart.

 

I was afraid to face him and all I could think of is to run.

 

Just when I was about to do that, he started coughing furiously and my body instinctively move towards him, helping him up.

 

"Y-Yoong?" His voice cracked.

 

I poured him a cup of water, pushing it into his hands.

 

But all he did was to stare at me and moments after, he closed his eyes, mumbling.

 

"I must be dreaming, why would she be here."

 

"Yeah she won't, she won't want to see me."

 

"I must be hullucinating."

 

Seeing him like this, broke my heart.

 

"It's me, I am really here..."

 

I held his hands tightly.

 

He opened his eyes, staring at me with that pair of eyes that I've fallen for.

 

Then the next sentence that came out from his mouth was something I didn't expect.

 

"G-Get out."

 

He said it in the calmest way and refused to meet my eyes.

 

"You are not in your mind now right?" I let out a chuckle.

 

"That's why I am asking you to leave."

 

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, KWON JIYONG!" I really shouldn't do this but I lost my cool.

 

What was he even thinking?!

 

"Why are you here, you told me that you wouldn't want to see me anymore." Then a long pause came before he continued. "A year ago."

 

"That is because you didn't tell me about your condition! You didn't even bother to!"

 

"THAT IS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE ME IN THIS STATE!"

 

"PUT DOWN YOUR FREAKING PRIDE!"

 

I thought at least something would change after a year, after I knew the truth behind his action a year ago.

 

I thought he would be welcoming me with his arms open, allowing me to accompany him for the rest of his days.

 

But, that was only what I've thought.

 

"I guess you really don't deserve the second chance that I wanted to give you," I turned my back on him. "Who am I kidding? Even if it's third, fourth or even fifth chance, Kwon Jiyong won't even need it."

 

I was ready to walk out of this room, wanting to slam the door as I proceeded out.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

"Yoong..."

 

He called out and I halted my footstep.

 

"I don't want to see you cry because of me... Not again."

 

Many might softened after hearing that sentence, but that's not the case for me.

 

My heart ached even more.

 

I didn't care if I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter