Sunday Enlightenment

Dirty Pretty Things ↬ Volume 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am afraid of the dark, she said.

I am your touch, he replied.

 

It all happened at a very weird circumstances.

 

It all happened when I was clueless, about the thing called love.

 

It wasn't a love at first sight but it was the feeling, that attracted me to him.

 

And it all happened because I was afraid of the dark.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

"I'm not going to take over the case, let him take it."

 

"I'm not going take over the case, let her take it."

 

"Yah! Kwon Jiyong!"

 

"Yah! Im Yoona!"

 

"YAH CAN BOTH OF YOU STOP!"

 

Yeap, we're like enemies on the battlefield whenever we bump into each other, there's no exception.

 

"Oh gosh, this is the office not your house, the two of you." Seunghyun oppa was holding onto his forehead. "I guess, the two of you can never be in the same area."

 

"Oppa, pleasee~" I showed him my puppy eyes, pointing to my dark circles. "I just settled tons of cases. Look at these dark circles, I haven't been sleeping properly since I don't know when."

 

"Please, if your dark circles aren't as bad as Lee Seunghyun's, they're not dark circles." And that annoying voice came ringing.

 

"Would you please shut up when I am speaking, attorney Kwon."

 

"I'm sorry attorney Im, you are not supposed to curse in court."

 

"But we're not in the court now!"

 

"Yah yah, there the two of you go again!" Seunghyun oppa shook his head before speaking again. "I actually wanted you two to PEACEFULLY settle who is going to take over this case but the situation isn't what I've expected."

 

"Oppa~"

 

I really wanted to head back to sleep for 24 hours now, I'm about to break.

 

"Alrights, Jiyong you will take over this case. No more argument please."

 

"YES SEUNHYUN OPPA IS THE BEST!!" I turned over and looked at him, catching his glare. "I'm so sorry attorney Kwon~"

 

"Watch out, Im Yoona." He was gritting his teeth while he continued. "You too, Seunghyun HYUNG."

 

He left right after he finished his sentence and I burst into laughters.

 

"I will be going off~ Thank you oppa!"

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

"You're not going to come in? Or would you rather wait for the next lift?"

 

By the time I reached the lift, he was already in it, raising his brows at me. 

 

"Why wait for the next lift when there's one here~" I rolled my eyes as I walked in, with arms crossed.

 

"Who knows, you might not even be able to stand a minute with me around. Opps, I mean a second."

 

"Yah yo-"

 

The lights suddenly went off and so did my voice, the lift suddenly stopped moving and it's in a pitch dark.

 

I squatted down immediately as my fear overwhelmed me, I was trembling.

 

"Yah, are you okay? Where are you?"

 

Within seconds, he found my arms, wrapping his arms around me.

 

"Why are you trembling so much? There's a fault in the power, help would be coming real soon." His voice never sounded so comforting, it was not the annoying one anymore.

 

I grabbed his coat tightly as if holding onto my dear life.

 

"I-I'm afraid o-of the dark."

 

"You're not afraid of anything else but the dark, you're really something else." There went his laughters.

 

I shall take back the words about his voice sounding comforting.

 

"Y-Yah, you're not making feel any better." I snorted. "It must be your fault."

 

"What?"

 

"Since when did you see the lift here breaks down? It must be because you're here. And me being the unlucky one, is in the lift with you." I snorted.

 

"What about this? Are you feeling better?" Instead of arguing with me like he always did, he wrapped his hands around mine, which was on his coat.

 

I'm not sure if he was just teasing me or he was being serious, but I could feel myself heating up.

 

Because of the dark, I felt something different.

 

I felt something towards him, my greatest enemy.

 

♡♡♡♡♡

 

It's been weeks since I've last saw him during the blackout in the lift.

 

"Oh, what b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter