Eight

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “I don’t need you,” she whispered, she was too tired to fight him, “Just go away and act like I don’t exist. You’ve forgotten about me for six months, so why now?”

            Though it hurts to think of Yonghwa marrying someone else, she had to accept that they just weren’t meant to be together.

            But the strain in her voice told him how much she was hurt by being away from him. It was hard when he started living alone again in his flat. Everything reminded him of her, how she cooked him dinner or ironed his cloths. How she seductively left the bathroom door open as she bathed to . How warm she felt as they lay on bed and innocent as she slept in his arms. He missed her so much.

            “I missed you,” he walked towards her, holding her hand while she shook her head, not wanting to believe a word he said. He’s lying Hyun-ah, he once told you how much he loved you, right? But was that enough when it happened? No, he threw you away like a piece of trash and even wrote you a check to get the hell out of his life.

            “Stop it,” she whispered and pulled her hand away.

            “I’m not going anywhere when you clearly need me,” he insisted.

            “I’ve done fine without you Yonghwa. For six months I was able to fend for myself without you and your money. I’m happy now, so please, just go away,” she pleaded.

            “No. You’re not fine Hyun. You haven’t been eating well, it’s easy to tell,” he reasoned.

            “I eat enough at the diner,” she retaliated.

            “That’s not enough. Have you been taking prenatal vitamins? How about getting the check-ups you need? You work from Monday to Sundays as a waitress during the day, and every Friday you work at this bar! Didn’t you think of the child?” he was frustrated at how stubborn she was.

            “I have been which is why I worked hard to save money! I chose to work and tire myself out every single day just so I could give the baby what it needs,” she hissed.

            “But the work’s taking its toll on your body Hyun,” he whispered as he grabbed her hand once more and gently caressed it.

            “Let me take care of you,” he pleaded.

            “No, I don’t need you. I’ll return the check as well once I get out of here,” she replied. She wanted to pull her hand away again but he held it tight. His touch awoke her senses and made her heart flutter. Her body craved for him but her mind overrode her crazed hormones as she managed to pull it away after a few tugs.

            “No keep it,” he smiled at her and for the first time Seohyun looked him in the eye and saw how tired he was. Yonghwa didn’t look like the playboy she once dated. He looked like he aged a few years, seems like the time apart took its toll on him too.

            “I don’t want it,” she shook her head and heard him sigh.

            “You’ve always been stubborn Hyun,” he brushed away the hair that had fallen on her face. “Fine, let’s compromise. I’ll go away if the doctor gives you a clean bill of health.”

            “Just like that? Alright,” she hesitated before she agreed. Seohyun wanted him to stay as far away from her and the baby as much as possible.

            “If not, you’ll come with me back to my place where I can keep an eye on you. I’ll take care of you Hyun, even if it’s not my child,” he smiled at her and Seohyun felt the tears pooling in her eyes. Don’t cry Hyun, don’t show him how much he can affect you. Don’t believe that he cares when he was the one who didn’t even give you a chance.

            “Fine, but if I’m healthy you’ll never show yourself in front of me ever again,” she whispered and he nodded.

            “I promise,” Yonghwa replied. There’s no escape now Hyun, no doctor would give you clearance when even a normal person could tell you badly need rest and clearly haven’t been eating well. He smiled at her as she looked at him pouting. The fire in her eyes was ablaze. She was a fighter, stubborn and all yet he still loved her even if she cheated on him.

            “I’ll go for now, you need to rest. Good night Hyun,” Yonghwa started to walk away when Seohyun suddenly called out for him.

            “T-Thank you,” she whispered and he smiled before closing the door behind him. He walked to his car and drove off to the inn. The nurses had allowed him to stay past visiting hours as he told them he was her fiancé.

 

 

            Seohyun woke up once the nurse came in and checked in on her. She asked if she wanted to eat breakfast now and Seohyun was amazed at how hungry she felt. She nodded her head and gulped down everything the nurse had prepared.

            “Wow, someone’s really hungry today,” she heard him say and she looked up with a banana in just as she was about to take a bite.

            “Gsjfd awkfjh,” she mumbled as she ate and ignored him.

            “Aww, but I brought your favorite,” he held up the plastic bag in his hand as soon as the nurse left the room. Seohyun’s eyes brightened as she recognized what he brought.

            “Sweet potato ice cream?” her eyes widened as she felt salivate at the thought of eating it again after months and months of not being able to. The nearest town that sold these things was about two hours away and she didn’t want to waste money for fare and the ice cream itself.

            “Yup, and some dimsum dishes as well,” he grinned at her seeing how she bit then her lips. She was so cute and he happily handed her the food which she grabbed and laid out on the breakfast table the nurse brought in.

            “T-This is too much,” she whispered seeing all the food he prepared for her.

            “Eat up Hyun, halmeoni helped me make those earlier today,” he went on about the old lady who treated him as her slave. Seohyun laughed seeing how Yonghwa tried to “resent” the woman but was truly a softy when it came to her. She was amazed at how domesticated he’d become when they were apart. The last time she’d seen him, he only knew the basics in the kitchen. Now he can cook her favorite food?

            “Thank you. But I can’t possibly eat it all,” she looked at him and he sighed.

            “Alright, I’ll ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter