Sixteen

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Yonghwa got home just in time and rushed towards the elevator so he’d be home once the furniture arrived. He typed in the code to his unit and entered as the door clicked open.

 

            “I’m hooome,” he called out and smiled when he saw her rushing towards him dressed in comfortable clothes with an apron on.

 

            “You’re back early,” she hugged him and awkwardly stepped aside realizing what she’d done. It seemed like they were re-enacting a 50’s movie where the wife would welcome the husband, get his briefcase, and kiss him to show how happy she was that he was back. Seohyun blushed thinking how things seemed like before and Yonghwa grinned at her.

 

            “I like hugging you alright? So stop overthinking, it gives you a crease here,” he kissed her forehead before heading to their room to change.

 

            Seohyun stood there dumbfounded as the heat crept to her cheeks. She berated herself for being silly, blushing like a schoolgirl when they had already done things only married couples should be doing. But it was these moments when she was reminded how much she loved him as she could see how he loved her as well. She quickly changed the topic to distract him from noticing her blushing cheeks.

 

            “How was your day Oppa?” she asked as she followed him to the sofa. She quickly sat down, knowing he didn’t like it when she was on her feet much.

 

            “T’was fine. We had a few issues with the new hotels but everything looks good. I wanted to get home quickly as the furniture would arrive today,” he winked at her and she nodded, absentmindedly his hair.

 

            “What’s on your mind love?” he asked noticing how she turned quiet.

 

            “Hmm. Nothing, just that I’m lucky to have you by my side,” she smiled at him.

 

            “Aigoo, my fiancee’s getting cheesier these days aye?” he pinched her cheeks teasingly.

 

            “Uwaaa. Am not,” she quickly retorted, but she couldn’t hide how red her cheeks were.

 

            “I-It’s just that you’ve been so g-good to me a-and,” she went on when Yonghwa placed a finger to shush her.

 

            “I know, and as much as I love seeing you squirm, I want you to know that…” he whispered with twinkle in his eyes as Seohyun held her breath. Seohyun was lost in his eyes and they could feel the tension in the air. He wanted her as much as she wanted him and they understood the need without even having to talk about it.

 

            Suddenly the doorbell rang and the Seohyun quickly stood up, pushing him away as she rushed to the door.

 

            “O-Oppa, they’re here,” she called out with a voice chirping and Yonghwa smirked knowing Seohyun was trying to forget what just happened. They were about to make love in the sofa when the movers came. Hmm, maybe tonight…

 

 

            “Hi, just place the stuff there as I’ve instructed,” Yonghwa had led the men into the room and told them to arrange the things as Seohyun wanted. He had them replace the wallpaper with the new one he had chosen with her from the catalogue. The men moved quickly and efficiently, changing the lights and positioning the crib and dresser as the sketch had indicated. Yonghwa had Seohyun down at the café so she wouldn’t inhale the paint and didn’t have to be stressed about where the things should be placed. He kept her company and checked their apartment once in a while to check how things were going. After two hours, he could see Seohyun yawning and he knew sitting in this café was tiring.

 

            “Hyun, how about we fly to somewhere special tonight? I could get the plane ready in an hour and you clearly can’t sleep in the apartment as it smells awful at the moment,” he proposed and smiled as her eyes widened at the surprise trip.

 

            “B-But I haven’t packed and w-what about the apartment? They’re not done, are they? I-I don’t mind staying here… I’m not really t-tired,” she reasoned knowing Yonghwa was busy with work and didn’t have time to fool around with her.

 

            “It’ll be alright. What’s the point of owning the business when you can’t have fun now and then?” he winked at her and she nodded reluctantly.

 

            “Don’t worry about the clothes, I’ll ask my staff to arrange something for you there,” he smiled as he got on his phone and barked a few orders. Then a limo picked them up in no time and the two were headed to the airport. Seohyun was too overwhelmed to make a fuss and just rested her head on his shoulders.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter