Nineteen

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “She doesn’t give up, does she?” Seohyun remarked eyeing the woman approaching their table in disdain.

 

            Yonghwa looked up and sighed seeing the determined look on Shin Hye’s face. Good thing that Seohyun wasn’t really the jealous type, though if he’d be honest, Shin Hye didn’t really appeal to him.

 

            Seohyun knew that she was the wedge between Yonghwa’s family and she hated having to cause the strain in their relationship. Seohyun valued her family the most as she almost had none. She was scared of what would happen if Yonghwa finally figured out what really happened that day. She wasn’t naïve. She was scared of what he’d do if he knew of his mother’s involvement in the mess. She didn’t want for him to choose between her or his family. And she was scared, not knowing if this renewed relationship they had would survive another tragedy.

 

            Shin Hye stopped at their table and bent down to give him a kiss. But Yonghwa had turned his face away, allowing her to kiss him on the lips. Seohyun just sighed and grit her teeth at the uncomfortable seen unfolding before her.

 

            Yonghwa just looked pissed, “Shin Hye?!! What the hell?”

 

            He didn’t even try to be polite this time.

 

            “Oh I just came around to say goodbye. My flight leaves in the morning and I hope we could set up a time to get together when you return to Seoul. Your mother would like to have us all for dinner,” she smirked at him.

 

            Then she flicked a sideways look of disdain--- and challenge--- in Seohyun’s direction. But Seohyun purposely yawned and sent a bored look in return.

 

            Shin Hye frowned and turned to face Yonghwa with a smile plastered back on her face, “Shall we say this weekend perhaps? I’m sure Seohyun wouldn’t mind, right? After all we’ve been through.”

 

            “I mind,” Yonghwa’s voice sounded clipped, “Now if that’s all, I’d appreciate if you’d leave us to enjoy our meal.”

 

            “I’ll call you later,” Shin Hye murmured.

 

            It was tempting for Seohyun to put the woman to her place. Hell, she was the fiancée and this had the guts to talk and seduce her man infront of her? But it’ll take too much effort and Seohyun was content to stay in her seat and watch Shin Hye stew in her own ignorance.

 

            Shin Hye touched Yonghwa’s face with her well-manicured hands, a gesture that repulsed Seohyun. Then she walked away allowing the two space to breathe again.

 

            Yonghwa turned, his lips tight, “God. I’m really sorry Hyun-ah. You have to know I didn’t encourage her.”

 

            Seohyun smiled and handed him a napkin to wipe off her lipstick from his lips, “Yeah. I figured out that much. She’s really interesting, and awfully dense. I wonder what you’re mother promised her.”

 

            “Let’s not allow her to ruin our spectacular day,” he frowned and took her hand into his.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter