Baby

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “Hyun! Why are you standing there slicing those veggies?” Yonghwa’s voice boomed behind her surprising her making her almost drop the knife.

 

                “Omo! Oppa, don’t scare me like that,” she pouted and pointed the knife at him. Sighing she turned away and resumed her cooking session.

 

                “I didn’t hire all these people to watch you cook Hyun,” he growled as he pointed at the maids staring at the two bickering. It wasn’t something new in the Jung household. Yonghwa would always nag over his very pregnant wife who was obviously bored out of her wits being stuck at home off her feet. She was practically handed everything she needed as soon as she woke up until she slept. Seohyun had never been pampered this much and she was not changing her routine just because her husband was overly protective.

 

                “But I wanted to cook you dinner,” she turned to him with tears in her eyes, lips upturned into an obvious frown. She wanted to surprise him and even practically begged everyone to let her do this. They caved in but as soon as the man appeared, they scampered off and left her to deal with him.

 

                “Hey, don’t cry,” Yonghwa approached her and wiped the tears in her eyes. “Baby, I’m sorry. Hey, stop crying. I’ll let you cook me some dinner. Come on, as long as you let me help,” he pleaded and she nodded. Her hormones were all over the place so seeing her suddenly crying was nothing new as well. Yonghwa merely kissed her tears away and grabbed the knife, setting it aside before guiding her towards the chair and making her sit.

 

                “B-But Oppa,” she whined when she was made to sit again and just stare at him as he did his work.

 

                “Nope, just stay there please? It’s just a few more weeks until the baby is out. I don’t want to risk it, okay?” he replied as he tied around his body his blue matching apron with polka dots because it was the same style as the one she had on.

 

                “F-Fine,” she sighed. She rubbed her tummy and wished that the days would pass sooner so she could finally see their baby and be back on her feet. She loved her baby but the hassle this pregnancy had was something she wanted to be done with.

 

                “So how was your day?” Yonghwa started a light conversation with his wife. She sighed and told him it was okay. He smiled and promised her he’d take a few days off to keep her company.

 

                “Ani, don’t do that! How about your work?” She looked at him in concern, hating the fact that he had given up so much for her already and yet here he was offering her everything he had.

 

                “It’ll be fine. Minhyuk and Jonghyun understand how important this is for me, okay? Besides I’m the boss, I am surely entitled for a maternity leave too,” he winked at her as he added started the fire and poured water into the pot. Seohyun was making him some soup but had obviously cut the pieces too large. He fixed them before adding the spices and other ingredients into the pot.

 

                “So where do you want to go tomorrow?” he turned to face her after making sure that everything was set. He saw her staring back at him.

 

                “Let’s go to the beach Oppa, it’s more fun when I’m with you. Then let’s eat at that newly opened restaurant people on the internet are talking about,” she smiled at him and he nodded. Soon the maids set the food at the table and Yonghwa led his wife to her seat, pulling the chair for her.

 

                “My lady, you’re wish is my command,” he bowed and winked as Seohyun rolled her eyes at his antics. She was used to his cheesiness by now. The past was something they didn’t look back much on. They had focused their eyes onto the bright future that lay ahead.

 

                “This tastes really good Oppa,” she commented and he grinned at her.

 

                “Of course, I did make them,” he boasted. “I saved us a lot of money when I stopped you from cooking Hyun. Who knows if you’d burn this batch again,” he teased and she pouted her lips.

 

                “Yah! I can cook you know, if only you’d let me. I watched tons of Youtube videos lately and I’m pretty confident I can make those dishes,” she fought back and decided to stick her tongue out, childishly. Yonghwa just shook his head and laughed. Sometimes, his beautiful and serene wife would transform into a child and he just loved teasing her.

 

                “Okay, okay. Someday,” he replied.

 

 

 

                Seohyun decided to let it slide and rubbed her tummy as she had been feeling weird since this morning. She knew that the contractions all day were false so she merely tried to distract her thoughts. She was thinking about where they’ll go tomorrow when suddenly she felt as if she peed herself. Alarmed, she checked her herself and gasped when a strong contraction hit her.

 

                “Hyun?” he looked up and saw her biting her lips with eyes open wide. He could see the panic and fear in her eyes. It didn’t help that Seohyun accidentally dropped her fork and clutched her stomach as if she was in pain. Hurriedly Yonghwa rushed to her side and saw water running down her legs.

 

                “O-Oppa. It hurts… Arrrghhhh…. AWWWWWWWWWWWW,” she breathed as the contractions hit her hard. She had taken birthing classes but practice was so much different from reality. This was it, she was about to give birth a mere two weeks ahead of her due date and she was scared. The pain she felt was intense and didn’t give her time to catch her breath.

 

                Yonghwa barked orders for the maids to call the hospital and attend to his wife. One maid rushed upstairs to get the bag with the baby’s things and spare clothes for their mistress, while another went to get towels to wipe the sweat on Seohyun’s forehead. The hospital had been informed in advance of her condition so every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter