Twenty

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another update~

Go back one chapter if you haven't read it yet ♥
gets real from now on, okay? 

 

            “Hyun, a close senior of ours from college is coming to town with his new wife. I was thinking that it’ll be good for us to meet up with the guys again,” Yonghwa carefully worded his statements, knowing that she’d be scared of meeting up with his friends again.

 

            “Define us?” she asked as she slowly sliced the steak they had ordered.

 

            “Me, you, Jonghyun, Minhyuk, and of course the man of the hour, Siwon hyung and his wife, Yoona,” he smiled at her. He eyed her warily before continuing, “I-I thought it would be good to invite Mom as well, so you’d have the buffer of other people. We can get it over with in one clean sweep.”

 

            It sounded like an evening from hell, not that she’d admit it to him. She couldn’t imagine anything worse than being surrounded by Yonghwa’s closest friends, who of course all knew that she’d cheated on him with Jungshin. She nearly barred her teeth in response to that thought. And then there was his darling, sweet mother. All the evening lacked was Jungshin himself.

 

            “And Jungshin?” she asked icily. She had gripped the knife tighter in her hand, trying to calm down as she waited for his reply. She needed to be rationale about this but she knew she’ll never get over what had happened in the past when all she and Yonghwa did was bury it in sand. And now the tides have come to unearth the past.

 

            “He’s not invited. I won’t do that to you Hyun,” Yonghwa said quietly.

 

            “When is this supposed to take place?” she asked as she sighed.

 

            “Next week. Probably at the end of the week? They’ll be busy organizing their new house. And we’ll be eating at the pasta place you love in town. It’s nice and casual there, and we can leave any time. There’s no obligation to stay,” he looked at her with hopeful eyes and Seohyun sighed as she nodded.

 

            She had to hand it to him as he was working so hard to make things as easy for her as possible. The least she could do was be accommodating. His friends were important to him. His mother was important as well.

 

            “We’ll go, “ she said in a low voice. “It’ll be nice to see everyone again,” she forced a smile and nearly choked on the lie seeing Yonghwa’s eyes light up in relief.

 

            “We’re going to make it this time Hyun,” he reached across the table for her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter