Six

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Seohyun awoke sometime in the night and felt hungry. She looked around and saw she was alone in the room. She sighed in relief thinking he’d finally left her alone. Though her heart ached at the thought that he’d leave just like that, at least she didn’t have to worry about him finding out the truth. He’ll never get her baby, but she knew that if they fought for custody at court, she’d be no match for him. He can provide the baby with every little thing it’ll need for the rest of its life while Seohyun only had her meager savings to get them through the day. But she can’t bear thinking of losing the child so Yonghwa must never know about it.

            Seohyun silently wiped away the tears that fell as she thought about how bleak her life had become. She was an aspiring college student who had been working part-time at this café in Seoul when she’d met him. She had lost her mom back in middle school so she supported herself as she didn’t want to be a burden to her grandmother. She never knew her father as her mom had kept the secret to her grave. She was used to working part time jobs. Though she wanted to wear pretty clothes or buy decent make up, she never did. Instead she saved every penny so she could pay rent and school fees, the rest she’d sent over to her grandmother who needed the extra help. Seohyun had been a good girl who has never fallen in love in her life until she met him.

 

            Yonghwa was handsome. She remembered how her face flushed when her heart started beating crazy as her eyes lighted upon him. He was a new customer, she could tell by the way he looked around the book café she worked in. Slowly he approached the counter where she stood dumbfounded and placed his order. But Seohyun was too stunned to say anything. She had been distracted and if not for her Taeyeon unnie who immediately nudged her, she would have made a fool of herself.

            “Uhh, I’m sorry sir. May I know what your order is?” she whispered as she felt her cheeks blushing. She probably looked like an idiot, thinking such she lowered her eyes and focused on punching his order.

            “It’s alright. Uhh… I’ll be having an iced Americano,” he replied. Oh, he has a very nice voice. And he seems polite too.

            “Alright, one Americano coming right up,” she received his card and dealt with the transaction without even looking up at him once. She smiled when he thanked her and she turned her back as she started to make his drink.

            “Yah, Joohyun-ah! You like him don’t you~” Taeyeon suddenly piped up beside her as Seohyun shook her head in denial.

            “U-Unnie, what are you saying,” she denied fervently though her cheeks were still flushed from earlier.

            “Lalala, you can’t lie to me Joohyun! I know that look! That’s how I looked when I first saw Jiyong enter the bar I worked in before! And now, we’re getting married!” the older girl gushed beside Seohyun who tried to ignore the teasing she was getting. Finally done with his drink she handed it to Taeyeon who was in-charge of serving the customers. The owner had decided that Seohyun was too timid to be the one interacting with the customers so instead she worked the cashier and made the drinks herself.

            “Ani! You do it,” Taeyeon grinned refusing her as she playfully stuck her tongue at her. Though Taeyeon was almost four years her senior, she acted like a kid sometimes which drove Seohyun crazy.

            “Sheesh, fine,” she snapped as she placed the drink on a tray and went on her way. As she walked towards him, she heard Taeyeon cheering her on. She shook her head and bit her lip nervously as she walked towards him. Her back was facing her and she slowly approached him. Finally reaching his table, she lowered his drink and murmured a soft greeting before turning to walk away.

            “Wait!” she heard him call out and Seohyun turned to face him too quickly causing his drink to spill on her blouse. Apparently Yonghwa had stood and gone to her with the drink in hand. He wanted to talk to her but she acted like she was scared of him, it was a desperate act but had undesirable consequences. He didn’t mean to stain her blouse in the process! Aisht! Stupid Yonghwa!

            “S-Sorry!” he imm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter