Wedding Bells

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun

 

                “You look amazing,” the stylist gushed over how beautiful the bride looked after the hair and makeup was set in place. She was wearing a simple white gown with a one-sided strap making her look like a Grecian goddess of fertility and love - Aphrodite.

 

                “T-Thank you,” Seohyun blushed seeing her reflection on the mirror. Her hair had been arranged in loose waves and a flower crown with some netting served as her veil. She loved how simple and elegant the stylist had made her look.

 

                “Omo, you’re so beautiful Hyun,” a voice piped behind her and as she turned, Seohyun’s eyes widened seeing Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and Heechul standing by the door. The women were wearing a peach gown while Heechul wore a dark pink coat.

 

                “Y-You’re here!” Seohyun stood to up and hurried to them.

 

                “Easy there, you’re pregnant remember?” Heechul teased but hugged her nevertheless.

 

                “I missed you,” Seohyun started to tear up and the makeup artist begged her not to cry.

 

                “Seobaby, don’t cry okay? You’re makeup will be ruined,” Taeyeon gently dabbed the tears at the corners of her eyes as Seohyun nodded.

 

                “H-How did you guys get here?” Seohyun sat back and allowed the stylist to fix her makeup.

 

                “Your husband’s really trying his best to make you happy Hyun. You’re one lucky girl,” Taeyeon smiled.

 

                “But if he makes you cry, I’ll beat him to a pulp,” Hyoyeon threatened and they all laughed at the thought of Yonghwa getting beaten up by a girl.

 

                “T-Thanks for coming,” Seohyun smiled at them and thanked the heavens that she won’t be doing this alone. Even if she didn’t have her family, at least her friends who had been her pillars of support were there on this special day for her.

 

                “Anyway, we’ll wait for you by the beach okay? Somebody else wants to see you,” Heechul blew her a kiss before ushering the two bridesmaids away.

 

                Seohyun was wondering who he meant but her thoughts were interrupted by the woman Yonghwa hired.

 

                “Stay here for a while okay? I’ll just go to the comfort room,” the stylist winked before hurrying out the door.

 

                Seohyun felt something was odd but pushed the thought aside. Her mind drifted to the fact that Yonghwa was a miracle worker. They’d only been here in the island for two whole weeks but he had made this wedding possible. He got her this beautiful gown which accented her body, hired a team to design and prepare their beach wedding, and even arrange the minute details without much qualms. They’d chosen the cake, motif, etc together with him insisting to do such things because they were only getting married once and he wanted to do it right. Seohyun had wanted to keep things simple but Yonghwa kept true to his promise of making her happy all the days of their lives.

 

 

 

                A knock on the door reverted her attention back to reality and Seohyun stood up to open it. She gasped and stood there as a man smiling warmly entered the room, and closing the door behind him.

 

                “Hello Joohyun,” he greeted her and Seohyun felt her lips trembling as her eyes couldn’t believe what Yonghwa had done. It had been so long ago that she once longed for this man and now he was finally here before her.

 

                “A-Appa?” she replied before slowly walking towards the man she had vowed never to see again.

 

                “It’s me baby. I’m so sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I’m sorry Appa failed you,” he pulled her into a warm embrace and Seohyun sobbed in his arms.

 

                “I-I… don’t know… w-what to s-say,” she hiccupped as she processed what was happening.

 

                “You don’t have to say anything baby. You’re stepmother has been trying to stop me from meeting you ever since I knew of your existence. I wanted to call you and visit you but she was always a step ahead of me. I couldn’t take it anymore and I’m divorcing that evil woman,” he hugged her tight before pulling away and kissing her forehead.

 

                “I-I’m sorry,” she replied as she was never one to wish harm unto others.

 

                “No, it’s not your fault Joohyun-ah. I’m finally happy now,” he smiled and wiped away her tears.

 

                “D-Did Yonghwa contact you?” Seohyun finally asked after cleaning up and making herself presentable again. Her stylist wouldn’t be pleased if the hard work she’d done would be gone because Seohyun was such a crybaby.

 

                “That man was really persistent. He tried his best to meet me even when your stepmother did everything to block his attempts. By chance I met him as I was leaving the office one day and I learned the truth. I’m very sorry Appa wasn’t able to protect you. I promise I’ll try my best to make it up to you Joohyun, Appa’s back,” he leaned towards her and hugged her tight.

 

                “I hope you forgive me for failing you,” he whispered as Seohyun cried harder in his arms.

 

                “I forgive you Appa, t-thank you for being here,” she whispered back and smiled as her dad grabbed some tissue and started to wipe away her tears.

 

                “W-Would it be alright if I was the one who walked you down the aisle?” the older man smiled with so much hope in his eyes and Seohyun felt warmth in her heart.

 

                “Of course Appa, I’m honored,” she kissed his cheek and giggled as she felt her child kicking.

 

                “Aigoo, I think my son wants to meet you too,” she shyly remarked and her dad chuckled.

 

                “M-May I?” he asked, wanting to touch her belly and Seohyun nodded.

 

                “Hello baby, I’m your grandpa. I hope you grow up to be a strong and honest man. Always protect your Omma, okay? I’ll wait for you to arrive and we’ll have many adventures together,” he said excitedly and Seohyun felt complete. She was happy and thankful.

 

                The two chatted as the stylist returned and fixed her makeup. Finally the wedding coordinator came and told them the wedding would start in five minutes. Seohyun thanked her and stood up when her dad held out his hand.

 

                “It’s sad that when I got to meet you, I’m supposed to give you away. But I’m happy Joohyun-ah, thank you for giving me another chance to be a part of your life. I can see that Yonghwa makes you happy and I’m glad you’ve found someone who loves you a lot. But if he ever hurts you or makes you cry, don’t forget that I’ll always be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter