Twelve

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            After being intimate on so many levels, the two became irrevocably close once more. As if the time apart had not occurred. They were in a dream, and though both were reluctant to admit it, they refused to let go of that dream and face reality. But reality had a way of wiggling its way in into their lives.

 

            Seohyun had been back in Yonghwa’s flat for two weeks now. It felt weird to be back where they shared so many memories she’d tried her best to forget. It was difficult to sleep in the master bedroom where they had conceived their child, but it was where her life had been irrevocably changed six months ago. She felt like an idiot coming back to this place which had too much of Yonghwa everywhere her eyes landed. And yet, she was stuck and somehow she was learning to be happy again. Yonghwa surely wasn’t making it hard for her to do so. She was treated like a princess, he cooked for her when he can and even decided to work at home instead of going to the office daily so he could be with her. He delegated his tasks to his business associates. He knew Minhyuk and Jonghyun were capable enough and would do well without him. He had his pregnant fiancée to take care of, though he hadn’t told his friends yet that she was back together with him again.

 

            “O-Oppa,” Seohyun called from the doorway and he looked up to meet her beautiful brown irises.

 

            “What is it Hyun?” he asked and saw how she blushed and fidgeted under his gaze. He smiled as he saw how she was becoming the woman he loved once more. She was getting a little more meat in the right areas which only indicated that he was doing his job well. She was pregnant and needed the extra weight as the doctor had declared her malnourished. Her cheeks had regained their color and she wasn’t looking so gaunt and pale as he’d first saw her.

 

            “I-It’s time for the doctor’s appointment,” she hesitantly replied. She looked at the clock and Yonghwa following her gaze realized she was right.

 

            “Alright, just give me five minutes to prepare, love” he winked at her and Seohyun blushed, lightly biting her lip and refusing to meet his gaze.

 

            “Come on,” he grabbed her hand and the two made their way out of his apartment when they ran into trouble.

 

            “H-Hyung,” Jungshin’s startled voice made Yonghwa look up while Seohyun turned rigid beside him.

 

            “Oh, Jungshin,” he let go of her hand and hugged his brother.

 

            “Hi Seohyun-ah, I didn’t know you were back,” Jungshin greeted her politely and Seohyun felt mortified at the same time her migraine seemed to start again. The doctor told her to relax and think of happy memories because worrying or agitation will only make her headaches worsen. His presence was hard to ignore and he was a reminder that this was their reality- that they were a bit foolish to dream. But she refused to lose her cool in front of him and calmly replied, “I’ll go ahead and just wait for you downstairs.”

 

            She walked away leaving the two brothers staring behind her retreating back. There was an awkward silence before Yonghwa broke it, wanting to go quickly so Seohyun wouldn’t have to wait.

 

            “What brings you here?” he asked his brother who he noted was looking uncomfortable before him.

 

            It had taken him months to see beyond the rage and jealousy to be able to entertain resumin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter