Seven

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            “Seohyun-shi!” a voice called out from behind and Seohyun quickly turned to the source of the voice. She saw Yonghwa running towards her with two cans in hand. She realized it was some hot beverage probably from the vending machine nearby.

            “I’m sorry I wasn’t here when you arrived!” he was panting as he handed her the drink. “I was feeling a bit cold and knew you’d be too when you’d get here so I decided to buy something to warm us up,” he smiled at her and all the worry and fear in her heart melted away.

            “T-Thank you,” she smiled as she reached out for it, their hands brushing in the process.

            “Come on, let’s sit on that bench first,” he walked towards the nearest one and sat on it, using his hand to call her over.

            “Ahh, this tastes good,” she sighed as her insides were warmed from the drink. He had gotten her the sweet potato one by accident and he was worried she wouldn’t like it.

            “A-Are you sure? I was gonna go for the hot chocolate but the machine jammed and pushed that out instead. I’m willing to trade if you don’t like it,” he looked at her worriedly.

            “It’s alright,” she smiled at him. Yonghwa’s breath was caught in his throat as she mesmerized him.

            “It’s my favorite actually.”

            “That’s a relief,” he grinned. They talked until his stomach growled in protest which got her laughing at how loud the growling sound had been.

            “Oops, that’s my cue!” he grinned and held his hand out as he stood up. She took it and thanked him for helping her up.

            “I know this place near the city hall which serves the best Chinese food in town,” he boasted as he led her towards his car. She chatted with him excitedly as she was a food enthusiast as well. Since she couldn’t always afford to eat out, she had learned how to cook them instead which was why the boss at the café hired her since they also served meals. Taeyeon couldn’t cook to save her life.

 

 

            When they arrived at the place, Yonghwa got out of his Ferrari and led Seohyun out. She was a bit nervous thinking he’d bring her to somewhere fancy after realizing how rich he was considering the car he drove. But he’d surprise her as they stood before a small diner that looked cozy and affordable. Seohyun sighed, knowing she could afford the meal they’ll share tonight.

            “Come on. They serve really good dimsum here,” he took her hand making her heart flutter.

            They walked into the place and Yonghwa chose a corner booth for them to sit in. Soon after, a waiter approached them and handed the menu. Seohyun peered into it and watered seeing pictures of sumptuous looking dishes. She had a hard-time choosing as everything looked good.

            “What would you like to have?” Yonghwa looked at her expectantly and Seohyun bit her lip as she decided on the stir-fried noodles with lemon chicken and tea.

            “Excellent choice,” the waiter commented and Seohyun thanked him. When it was Yonghwa’s turn he simply pointed some things in the menu. The waiter told them to wait for ten to fifteen minutes so, leaving the two in silence.

            “So,” Yonghwa started at the same time Seohyun spoke, “Do you-“

            “You go first,” Seohyun prodded but Yonghwa refused saying “Ladies’ first.”

            “Alright. So do you always come here?” she asked.

            “Whenever I can, the food tastes amazing I guarantee,” he winked and Seohyun found herself believing his words.

            “So how long have you been working at the café?” he asked. Seohyun gave him a brief account of her life, she trusted him and he was amazed at the hard-working woman before him.

            “How about you? What do you do?” she asked him as he seemed to be the laidback son of a rich conglomerate.

            “I work at this company as a manager,” he smoothly replied, though she suspected he was more than just that.

            He told her about his family, his dreams, and other quirky things about him. The two bonded closely during dinner that by the time they finished the food, they didn’t want to part ways just yet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter