Waiting for you

My Story Begins here...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days passed by quickly. In school, I had the opportunity to talk to Joshua everyday for a few minutes, after school and my heart had already pounded fast everytime I saw him smiling to me and giving me a wave before he disappears through the gates of the school. Everything was normal like a cupcake but this time, with an extra cherry- but.. but something was missing... I felt it. It was on Friday when someone suddenly arrived at my locker and leaned on the other locker beside of me. I was taking my books out for the second last period. 

I looked up after a few seconds, grabbing my books, and his eyes were waved across me. His hair was over his eyes. "Yes?" I asked him, brushing his bangs away from his eyes but he stopped me as he held his hand across my wrist. My other hand was carrying all my other books. He closed my locker and dragged me across the corridor. He never spare me another look. 

I tried to protested but I knew that it was useless. I just let him dragged me all the way until he stopped by the school's bench that we had first talked to one another. He paused there and let go of my wrist. "Mingyu.." I turned towards him, waiting for an answer. He was leaning against the school's wall. I went towards him and stood next to him. "Is.. is there a reason for bringing me out here?" I asked him cautiously. 

"Can't you just let me have a little of time with you?" He asked bluntly, his eyes were shut. I looked at him a little shocked as I turned to look at him but I gave him a small smile.

"Finally you talk! I haven't seen you talk to me since Monday.. I thought you went mute after I kissed you on the cheeks," I joked and laughed quietly. But he gave no respond. I immediately felt a tension in the air- it made me shivered... I was suddenly scared to say a word. 

"Ming-Mingyu?" I asked timidly, looking at him with concern. "Are you okay?"

"Do you like Joshua?" He asked out of the blue. I froze. He opened his eyes and looked at me, one of his hand held my shoulders. I avoided eye contact. 

"Do- Do I?" I asked him back. I looked at the time. My second last period had started. "I predict that you do not want to go for class now.. " I started, trying to change the topic. 

He sighed. "I'm- I'm sorry Mi Young," he started as he removed his hand away from my shoulder. He avoided my gaze as he looked down. 

"Kim Mingyu!" I said loudly. He was startled but still did not look at me. I dropped my books to the ground. "Kim Mingyu.." I tried again, this time softer, as I held his shoulders that were over me. "Look at me.." He shrugged. I removed my hands from his shoulders and placed them over his head. Then, I tip toed and kissed him on the cheeks lightly and tried again, removing my hands from his head. "Kim Mingyu.." I called him. "Why are you sorry for? You asked me a damn question and you said sorry because of that and not wondering if it meant anything to me?" I flicked his forehead which was way too tall for me. "I don't get you, you know. You're someone who is smart but kind of have a pea-sized brain! You don't make things clear..." I said, trying to make it short. I bent down and grabbed the books that I dropped. 

"It's okay.. " I said as I picked my books. "My sister actually want you to come over to our house but we are definitely not going to the house. We are going somewhere else," I said and stood up. "Tomorrow okay? And I am actually late for class now. I could have stayed here with you but no thank you. I'm going somewhere else.. Away from you so good bye." I started to walked down the park and turned a right towards the field and sat there, thinking about how I was going to face reality after asking him to follow me on some kind of 'date' with my sister.

 

 

 

The day ended quickly as I found myself beginning to walk around my room repeatedly. It was already 9pm. My sister came in quietly and watched me walked around my room, as she adjusted herself to my bed. After walking thirty more rounds, I looked at her and gave her a warm smile. I slouched beside her and stranggled her into bed. She giggled and quickly jumped off my bed. 

"Watcha doing in my room?" I asked her as she climbed onto my lap. 

She looked at me with a smile. "Just wondering if Mingyu oppa will come tomorrow... I will have a lot of fun with him!" She giggled. Then my phone gave a ding as a signal that a message had arrived. 

"I think that you can check it now if he is coming," I told her and she scrambled across my bed to get my phone. 

She frowned after getting my phone. She looked at the phone and back to me with a sad expression. My heart pounded immediately. He couldn't come is it? I asked myself but my sister climbed onto my lap once again with the phone in her hand. "Unnie, I can't read this. This is too hard," she explained and I immediately sighed in relief. I looked across the message and a smile covered my entire face. I looked at my sister slowly. 

"Mi Hyeon, your 'oppa' is coming!" I shrieked in excitement and quickly covered my mouth with my two hands. Why did I feel so excited? It was for Mi Hyeon's sake of course and not mine. I gave her another smile. "You know, Mi Hyeon. You and Mingyu look good together," I commented and flicked her forehead.

She gave me one of her silly smile and shook her head. "Anni," She started. "I think that Unnie and Oppa are better together. When you two are together, it feels like a complete family with me." She giggled and I shook her vigorously. She shrieked and jumped off the bed. I plopped down my bed and rested my hand on my eyes. 

"Go to sleep, Mi Hyeon. It has past your bedtime and I am really sleepy too," I grumbled but she didn't go. Instead, she jumped on my bed and hugged me tightly. 

"Unnie," She pouted and I looked at her. "Actually, I am afraid to sleep in my own room. Jae Hyuk told me that there was this scary monster under my bed." SHe hugged me tighter, shoving her head into my stomach. "Please don't kick me out! I love you unnie!" She said. I laughed and hugged her back. 

"Okay.." I started and push her gently to get her head on the pillow but she had fell asleep. I smiled as I tucked the blankets over the two of us. Ish.. this girl said that she was scared to go to sleep but eventually fell asleep in my hands. 

 

 

 

I woke up, hitting my head on the drawer next to my bed. The surface that I was laying was hard. I looked up and saw my sister sleeping peacefully on the bed- taking up all my space and eventally kicking me to sleep on the floor. Don't think that a little, tiny kid is weak because she really pushed me off the bed.

"Yah!" I called and nudged her with my elbow. She stirred and groaned a little. "Yah, Kim Mi Hyeon, did you know that you pushed me off my own bed?" I asked annoyingly and stood up. She was still sleeping. My phone rang suddenly and I went to grab it. There was a message from my brother. 

That guy from the amusement park came. I told him to sit in the living room to wait for you, Jae Hyuk wrote and I held my breath.

Tell him to give me five minutes and why is he up so early? It's freaking 7am, I wrote back and an answer came immediately.

Noona.. is there something wrong with you? It's like 11am- no, close to 12pm and you said it's 7? he replied me.

I looked at the time and my breath was held again. I threw my phone on the bed and shook my sister aggresively. "Yah Mi Hyeon!! Your Mingyu 'oppa' is downstairs already and you need to bath, come on!" I said and she stirred up. She sat on the bed. Rubbing her eyes, she asked me, "But-but isn't it 7am now?" 

I shook my  head. "That's what I thought of but no, it's 12pm now!" I said urgently and she shrieked. In no time, she was out of my room and slammed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter