Special Day

My Story Begins here...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Which dress looks better, Ara?" I asked my friend, looking at her through the reflection in the mirror. I turned to her. "This one..." I raised up the one in my left. "Or this one?" I raised up my right hand, showing her the dress. Ara was my best friend who went to the UK to study and somehow, she managed to come back for her break. She was still a bit rookie with her korean so I was using english to talk to her. 

She put down her phone onto her lap and crossed her legs, leaning forward to look at the dresses in my hands. "Must they all be in purple?" She asked me, her eyebrow raised. 

"No...?" I answered, nervously putting the dresses down and sank down onto the circular sofa next to her. "Why must it be so hard... to just choose a dress?" I asked her, leaning into her shoulder. She let out a light laugh and flicked my forehead. 

"It's just a wedding, Mi Young! What's so difficult about choosing a dress? It's not like you're suppose to stand out, the bride is suppose to stand out," she commented. 

"Yah!" I straightened myself from her shoulder and pouted. I hit her with my shoulder and stared at her. "It's not about looking good for the people but for Mingyu... and maybe you can find someone... there," A smirk changed my face.

She rolled her eyes. "I'm going to this wedding just for you, not to meet someone there," she replied. 

"Okay then," I sang before standing up from the sofa and continued looking for dresses for the wedding. My cousin was getting married and she had sent invitations a few months earlier and she gave us the entire table to sit on. So, the entire family was going including Ara and Mingyu- also Jae Hyuk's girlfriend, Hae Yeon. And here I am, choosing some last minutue clothing for that wedding tomorrow.... I know you might be wondering- why didn't you just buy your dress earlier? 

That was the problem. I couldn't. Most of it was because of college but it was our term-break so I was finally allowed to go shopping for some dress. I have already outgrown alot of dresses and some dresses were just too... muddy to wear to the wedding. So here I was, struggling to buy a dress. 

I looked through the store again one last time before my eyes spot one dress that stood out from the rest. Carefully, I took it with my two hands and made my way to Ara. Ara was laying on the sofa as if it was her own bed while playing her phone. I stopped by her. "I'm gonna change into this okay?" I asked and she gave a tiny nod. 

I entered the changing room and slowly put on the dress, careful to not cause any rips- and vola! It fitted perfectly. I looked at the mirror, trying to pose in all the angles and made a tiny twirl- which I accidentally tripped on my own feet and stumbled a little, making some sounds while I stabled myself.

"Ya! What's going on, Mi Young?" Ara called from outside, alarmed. 

"Nothing!" I replied back. "I was just being the clumsy me, tripping on my feet.... But at least I got the dress on!" 

"Come out then," she called me and I did. This then caused silence. The phone that she was playing with, dropped onto her face in slow motion as she looked at me, shocked. 

"So.. do you like it?" I asked her, turning a bit.

"Do I like it? Excuse me, Kim Mi Young, but I think that the dress was made just for you. Look at it!" She exclaimed, rushing towards me. "You know..." she said, laying her head on my shoulder. "Maybe I should also buy a dress too!" 

I laughed. "Then let the fun begin," I announced and head back to the changing room, quickly changing into my casual clothes and folded my dress carefully. I was sure that this was the perfect dress.

 

 

"Wake up, Mi Young..." Someone breathed under my neck. "It's time to wake up."

"Go away, Ara.. .It's still... early. Too... early," I mumbled, slapping my hands in the air. 

"Yah!" The person shouted and pushed me- off of bed. I landed with a thud on the floor. 

"Yah!" I shouted back, bolting straight up, glaring around, totally annoyed. "Who did this?"

"Who else?" Mi Hyeon perked up from my bed, looking down at me. 

"When did you come here?" I frowned at her. "I don't... I don't remember opening the door for you."

"Of course you don't! I came here two hours ago. Ara unnie opened the door for me and now she's making lunch," she replied with an innocent smile.

"Aish..." I motioned a fist hit to her. "She shouldn't have..." I ruffed my hair and looked back at her. "Wait, did you say lunch?" 

"Then what would it be? Dinner? You crazy person," she commented.

"Ya!" I shouted back at her, trying to stand up from the floor. My blanket was under me but it got tangled with my feet. "Help me... get out of this mess, please..." I begged to nothing in particular.

 

 

"I seriously can't believe you, Kim Mi Young!" Ara was crossed... very crossed. "I just... I just can't believe it!" 

I rolled my eyes tiredly as my head was bent over the food that she had made for us. My hand stablizing my head, preventing it from falling into her burnt cooking- which was partically my fault. My sister just looked innocently at us, trying to be the good human there.

"You... you freaking called me to just untie you from... from your blanket when... when all you have to do was to lift up your freaking legs," her face hardened as she scolded me. "I thought you were in bigger trouble so I dumped your favourite cooking to just find out what happened."

"It's not my fault that Mi Hyeon didn't want to help me... even with the least. It's all her fault, Ara," I protested tiredly. I seriously didn't have the energy to argue anymore.

"You-" Ara started, standing up from her chair. She was cut by the doorbell. Ding Dong...jjereo! (A/N: This is Bangtan's Dope song. Like you know... the jjereo!) My doorbell called out. "Seriously? Did you just put Bangtan's Dope into your doorbell?" She asked unamused.

"Why can't I?" I asked her, looking up at her drowsily. "You know I'm a big fan of Bangta-" 

"Okay, okay.. .you know... I'll just take the door," She surrended, walking straight to the door with her hands high, next to her ears.

"Hey there, Ara," Mingyu greeted right after Ara had opened the door. 

"Hello," Ara answered. "Yah! Mi Young, your boyfriend ah!"

"Oppa!" My sister screamed, jumping off her chair and headed straight to Mingyu, hugging him tightly as if it was the end of the world.

"Hey there, Mi Hyeon," my boyfriend smiled, ruffling her hair.

After their reunion, they head straight to the dining table where I was there, staying still, not bothering to move. Mingyu took the seat beside me and gave me a tiny kiss on my forehead.

"Good afternoon, darling," he greeted me with a smile- which I greeted him back with a heavy nod from my head, almost tipping it over the lunch that Ara had made (I couldn't identify what food it was because I was sleepy and the food was burnt, so I might as well think that it was carbonara spagetti, one of my favourite).

"Mingyu oppa, can you help me with my project?" Mi Hyeon asked, looking up from her lunch. 

Mingyu smiled at her. "Get all the materials ready. I'll be there in a few more minutes," he told my sister before looking back at me. "I'll go help your sister okay?" He asked and I gave a long nod with my eyes closed. 

I continued to nod for a moment before my head slipped away from my hand and I quickly jerk my head high up in the air, slamming my table as I did it. "Yah! Kim Mi Young, what's wrong?" Ara quickly scrambled from the kitchen and looked at me.

My eyes widen. "I'm finally awake," I announced and a yawn escaped my mouth. I stood up from my chair and wobbled towards my bedroom. "I'll go and bath first. Later, you have to tell me why Mi Hyeon's here... early in the morning," I mumbled to Ara.

I closed the door and headed straight to the bathroom, switching on the heater and lean my head on the wall as water started to stream down. It was about a minute before I realised that I was still fully clothed and all my clothes were wet already. I groaned and quickly stripped and stood under the water again. Normally, I would take about five to ten minutes to finish all these bathing and stuff but today, I took almost about 20 minutes to get ready. But alas, I got ready. I wore my favourite loose, grey crop top with a pair of short, ripped jeans. 

I got out of my house to see Ara sitting on the sofa as she clicked the remote, switching channel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter