Taking a Step Forward

My Story Begins here...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, I woke up with the sun peeking through the windows in my room. I looked around the room and Taehyung was nowhere to be found. I looked at my digital clock that was on my bedside table and looked at the time. 6:30am The clock read. I knew I couldn't sleep again so I headed straight to my bathroom to take a short bath and brushed my teeth. As I was brushing my teeth, I looked up and stared at the reflection that was given by the mirror. My eyes were swollen and puffy from crying last night. I sighed before heading back to my bed. I quickly grabbed the nearest hair tie I could find and made a messy bun on my head before grabbing a concealer that I rarely used from the drawer in my bedside table. 

I opened the cover and squeezed a tiny blob onto my hand before closing the concealer again and dabbing the blob cross my eyebags that had took place from where I had cried. I quickly massaged the concealer onto my skin and did a short massage to my face. After that was done, I grabbed my uniform and wore it quickly before untieing my hair and retieing it into a cleaner bun, not forgetting to pull a few front strands to complete the look. I was still torn by the fact that Mingyu might had waited for me for the entire whole cold night, expecting me to find him.

I shook my head quickly, trying to forget about that and grabbed my backpack before emerging from my room. I was coming down the stairs where my brothers were already eating their cereals. "Where's Mi Hyeon?" I asked, surprised to see them awake so early.

"She's here," a male's voice called out from behind me. I turned to find Taehyung's face just inches away from me. I immediately yelped and lose my balance from the stairs. Before I hit the ground, Taehyung immediately grabbed my hand and pulled me up for support. "Damn it, Mi Young," he chuckled before releasing Mi Hyeon's hand and she hurried towards the dining table where Jae Hyuk poured a bowl of cereals for her and Jae Myung pouring the milk. 

He stabled me before releasing my hand. "You should thank me for waking them up for you. I let you sleep more but you woke up out of nowhere," he frowned, failing what he had wanted to do. "You know, if you did wake up later, I could have leave your siblings to school and you can finally have a peaceful morning."

"You should've have stayed here," I commented plainly. "You should've went back home and," I eyed from his head to his toes. "And get ready for school. Instead, you took this time to help me get my siblings ready." I gave him a big smile before wrapping my hands around him tightly. "What would I do without you, Kim Tae Hyung?" 

"Unni!" My sister screamed from the dining table. I broke my hug from Taehyung and looked back at her. She had rushed from the dining table and was reaching to hug my knees. "Do you hate me?" She asked quietly, pouting.

"Wae?" I asked her, patting her on the head. "Why would I hate you?"

She glanced at Taehyung before looking back at me. "Taehyung oppa said that if we left, you can have a peaceful morning. Are we a disturbance to you?" She asked. I could see tears welling up her eyes. 

I bent down to reached her height and wiped the tears from her eyes. "Anni... Taehyung just wants to help me out okay? You're not a disturbance, Mi Hyeon," I told her before standing up again, holding her hand. "Now go eat your breakfast." I released her hand and turned back to Taehyung. "And for you, should you go alone or should you wait for me before we get back to your house to get yourself changed?"

He chuckled. "I'll drop your siblings down with you before we go to school but Kim Mi Young, you owe me a breakfast okay?" He made an agreement. 

"Deal," I giggled before heading to the dining room where my silbings were finishing their food. "Let's go!" I sang as they hurried to pick their backpacks up and we left the house together. 

 

 

It took us 10 minutes to reach to Jae Myung and Jae Hyuk's school and they immediately went into the school after a quick wave of goodbye. After that was done, I went and held my sister's hand as we made our way to her school that was only five minutes away from their school. It took a pretty long 5 minutes to get her into the school, because she was pretty much begging and begging to remember to pick her up from school and to not abandon her. I managed to smoother her by saying that I could fetch her, if not, I would buy her ice cream when her brothers fetch her. 

As I watched my sister get into the school, I turned and gave a big sigh to Taehyung who was looking at me, probably amused. "What?" I asked him, curious.

He looked back at me. "Wow..." was all he said as his eyes turned to the floor and back to me. "Is this what you do everyday?" He asked me.

"Bro... this isn't the first time you see me dropping my siblings to school," I answered him, a small smile tugged at the end of my lip. I approached him slowly and slung my arm across his shoulders. "Now, let's get you back home to change, shall we? We still need our breakfast before going to school, you know,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter