Start Thinking

My Story Begins here...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got back home at 6:30 in the morning. Yes, my mom literally locked me out and my dad 'willing' let her lock me out. Hanbin had wanted to drop me by my house but I politely declined because I knew that my parents would not let me in and that would cause him to run around my entire neighbourhood, asking for a room for me to sleep in. So as I stepped out of the subway train, I nervously scratched the back of my head as I told him that I could go home alone. 

Of course, he didn't liked it and insisted on dropping me back home. I tried to convinced him that I was alright but he had went over my limit of patient so as the subway doors were closing, I pushed him back into the subway. He looked horrified at what I had done to him and he had stared hopelessly at me as the train started to move further and further away from me. 

"Mianhae, Hanbin," I muttered to myself as I took quick steps away from the subway station and back home. That was when the door wouldn't open up for me so I had to go back to the park that my treehouse was located and slept for the entire night there. This was also one of the reasons why I didn't allow Hanbin to bring me back home: He would know about the treehouse and I wanted to limit the amount of people who knew about my treehouse. 

So morning came and I quickly hurried back home. I was just in time back home when I smelt something delicious exiting from the kitchen. I took quiet steps towards the dining table and saw my brothers eating their breakfast. They saw me and were about to greet me when I placed my index finger on my lips, telling them to keep quiet. My plan was moving smoothly as I walked quietly and quickly towards the stairs but they all shattered- when my sister shouted.

"Umma! Unnie's back home!" She screamed in delight and rushed from the dining room to me, hugging me very tightly. 

"What? Your unnie's back?" My mom replied from the kitchen. There was a dangerous tone in her voice and she quickly immerged from the kitchen. "Mi Hyeon, go and eat your breakfast first, I want to have a word with your sister." The look on her face changed after Mi Hyeon passed by her. 

She quickly tugged on my sleeve and looked squared into my face. "Come on," she said, gritting her teeth as she dragged me with her. 

My lips were pressed into a line and I looked pleadingly at my father, who was passing by us from the stairs. He stopped, looking at us and sighed, shaking his head. "Darling? I think she has an explanation to tell you why she was late. You should give her a chance since this is her first time. You do know that she wouldn't do anything like this," he tried to help me. 

My mom stopped at her pace and looked at my dad. "Did you know a boy was there with her? What if something happened?" My mom replied. "And I'm so not ready to become a grandmother!" She grabbed her face and gasped in horror, maybe thinking of how old she would looked. 

"Yah!" I shouted at my mom. She shot me a look. "You know I wouldn't do that with anyone!" 

"Yeah... Mi Young wouldn't of course! She's so disipline! How could she do anything like that, honey?" My dad looked really awkward right now. "By the way, you heard Mi Hyeon! That boy was Mi Young's friend and his sister is Mi Hyeon's friend!" 

My mom sighed. "I think you seem to have that idea..." She said alas. 

"Of course I was right all along! It was you who don't believe me!" He gasped, thinking of the times when my mom had not believed him. "All our children believe in me so much and you? You dont'!"

"And... I slept in the treehouse," I added in quietly to her. I waited for her to answer me back but she didn't. She was still looking at my dad, completely ignoring me. I took this chance to slip by her and my dad and headed right to where my siblings were.

It took about five minutes for them to have a staring contest, neither of them spoke a word, before my mom walked back to the kitchen and my dad sat in the living room, holding u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter