One Last Time

My Story Begins here...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm coming!" I shouted at the door as I rummaged through my sofa and my shelves in the living room for my phone. There was someone at the door right now and I was freaking out because I was not ready to face that person by the door without my phone, this had became a habit to me. 

"Noona, can you just please open the door?" The person by the door asked, impatiently. I could already imagine him with his arms crossed and his foot tapping on the floor urgently.

"You know I cannot see people without my phone... It just makes me feel... uncomfortable," I yelled, throwing my cushions from the sofa away onto the floor.

"I'll just call your phone, okay, noona?" He stated and I just sat down on the sofa, waiting for my phone to rang. It took a minute of silence before I heard a small sound perking out of a far distance. I quickly pulled my ear along to the sound and found my way towards my bedroom. The phone's ringtone was getting louder and louder each time I took a step front. I stopped after I reached my bedroom, that was at the end of the hallway in my apartment, and looked around the clean and arranged bedroom that I had made in the morning. 

I squinted my eyes and looked around more closely and made my way, foot by foot, towards wherever the song was. I was quickly led to my window sill and the sound grew the loudest there. I looked down at the cold, metal bar of the window and there it was! My phone. Smiling, I took up my phone from the metal bar and answered the call. "Yah! Kim Jae Myung! I found my phone! Now I'll open the door for y-" I started.

I stopped because I heard laughters from the end of the phone connection. That laugh was very familiar to me. I kept silence, wondering how I was going to answer the phone call now. I couldn't just disconnect the phone. "Hi there, Mi Young. Yeah, I think you know who I am. I'm Hanbin," the caller revealed himself. 

"Han... Hanbin?" I talked to myself as if I had been hypnotised. My eyes had widen. 

"Yes, I'm Hanbin," he agreed.

"But... but aren't you suppose to be... training?" I stumbled.

"I debuted into iKON with the rest of my Team B member and an additional member," he explained. "We just debuted a few months ago. It was tough work for all of us, we had to go through another survival show."

"I... I know," I replied slowly, unsure what to say. I had been watching the survival show: Mix and Match, for few episodes and I could've finished it but my dear professors tried to stuff more courseworks into those time slots. Usually, I could just watched shows while doing my coursework and homework- but not in college. The courseworks were just too pressurising for me to do anything else at the same time. 

"You've watched the show?" He asked, a bit surprised. 

"Why wouldn't I be watching it?" I asked him back. A tear slipped out of my eye. "You've worked hard, Kim Hanbin. I'm very sorry for what had happened that... night but I know that is the only way for you to keep on training, for if I stayed with you for too long, you would start thinking about other things and your skills would be lacked and I didn't want that to happen to someone as talented as you," I explained. 

"Mi Young..." He started. "Actually, you did the right thing and I appreatiate you for that because you, you help me start to mature and to think more-" 

"But I left you in an awkward situation! Do you think that that's not embarassing?" I cut in.

"I forgive you... I already did," he said. "But I want to talk to you about something. Would you perharps come and join me at 'P' coffee shop at 3 in the afternoon today? There's a lot of things that I want to talk to you about that can't be said on the phone... Please? Just this favour... for your.... for your- forgiveness?" He tried.

I let out a huge sigh before wiping another tear that had fallen from my face and smile. "Yeah... I would like to come and catch up on things with you... too," I answered.

"Great!" He said, his voice higher now. "I'll meet you there soon..." And I disconnected the call. 

I looked down at the phone in my hands as I stared at the caller's ID. I had a new phone and a new phone number but- but how did he figure out my phone number?

My thoughts got snapped away when I started hearing impatient knocks on my door. "Noona! Are you done finding your phone or have you hit the table and fell unconscious because you thought your phone would be under the dustbin that's under your table." 

I slapped my forehead and shook my head. I totally forgot about my brother waiting in front of my house, waiting for me to open the door. "Coming!" I sang as I jogged towards the door and opened it for him to come in.

"That's about time, noona. What were you doing in here?" Jae Myung rolled his eyes before taking a seat on the sofa. I tried to shake off the matter from my brother but a smile took place in my face.

"What do you want agan?" I asked Jae Myung. He swept his dark brown hair away from his face and looked at me weirdly. 

"You told me to come here," He replied.

"No I didn't!," I argued.

"Yes you did," he answered back.

"No I-" I cut off myself, thinking about it closely. "Oh yeah, I did. Wait for me for a while as I go and get the something from my bedroom." I told him and rushed to my bedroom.

 

 

I walked into the 'P' coffee shop just shortly after I had finished the work with Jae Myung. He was helping me build the base of my project. It was chilling outside but once I got in, it felt warm and comfortable. This was so typical of Hanbin. I gave myself a small smile as I looked around the room for Hanbin- and there he was, sitting at a corner far away from any contact to humans. His face was covered by a mask, a pair of big sunglasses and a hoodie. 

"Hey," I spoke as I stood in front of him. My face was expressionless. A lot of emotions are mixed in my mind and my heart. He was unrecognisable to many people even if they looked closely at him but I could easily identify him from a distance away by his small actions and movements. 

He looked up from his place and looked at me. His mouth was agaped. "Mi... Mi Young," he said slowly. "Please," he gestured to the chair that was on the opposite, "Please take a seat down."

I took my seat quickly before looking at him again. He had took off his sunglasses and the hood of his hoodie but not the mask, he did changed a lot. "Hi there," I greeted him again, shifting uncomfortably in my seat.

"You've changed... a lot," He blurted out. His straight face was kept the same. "You're too pretty."

"I'm not," I disagreed. "I guess, I've matured. But you.... look at you. You did mature a lot more and now you look so damn good looking. That's probably why millions of girls across the world are chasing and admiring you." 

"But they're not yo-" He cut in. 

"Don't... don't say that, Kim... Han...Bin," I whispered, winced a bit, closing my eyes for a moment before opening them again, trying to keep my straight face on. "Aren't I over for you?" 

"No... when where you even over for me? You... have always been in my heart," he tried again.

"Please don't. You should already be over me," I pleaded. "I ruin your life and your dream which has become your career that you enjoy." 

"That's what I said..." He perked up. I looked up sharply at him, glaring at him, wondering what he would say next. "I'm not over you already but I... I moved on." 

I looked at him, confused. "What- what do you mean?" I asked him.

"Remember the day we had our kiss? The moment when we- you broke it up? I felt a disconnection between us, like we cannot just join together if we are at a certain distance. I tried to understand why... after you left, for the entire week of vacation. It was definitely not fun but it was worth it. I spent the entire time in the dorm, trying to figure out our relationship but I still couldn't really make it up. But then one day, someone came to my dorm an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter