Coffee for the sad

My Story Begins here...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On Sunday, I woke up pretty early and got out of bed. I quickly changed my attire and tied my hair up. I was going on a run as usual. In my purple tightly fit shirt and my tights, I head out the house and started running. 

The wind blew past my face, giving me a refreshing start as I crossed through Han River after a good 30 minutes. I then slowed down and then walked towards the railing. The sun was shining warm against my arms as I took deep breaths that came from the river. I looked at the river and smiled as my reflection shone. It was a really great weather to run in the early February.

After another good fifteen minutes, I stopped by my daily coffee store that was a few kilometers away from my house. I ordered an Americano and a croissant and sat down on a table that was near the big glass window. Outside, the streets were busy, some on their bikes, some people rushing through the streets for work and many kids just jumping all around. 

"Customer no.3410?" The barista called out. I looked at my reciept to check my number and there it was, my number. I rushed towards the counter to collect the food and gave the barista a smile before heading out. I walked down two blocks to see my favourite peaceful park. I quietly sat down on a bench that was on the opposide of a great old, big oak tree. I began to eat my croissant there, looking across the skies to see the elegant blue color. After a while, after I had finished my bevarage and croissant, I head towards the oak tree. I brushed my hand gently against the oak tree as I felt something deepens. I looked at the deeped wood. 

Kim Mi Young
Kim Jae Hyuk
Kim Jae Myung
Kim Mi Hyeon

It wrote. Our parents had engraved our names on the tree once we were born. I then held my hands onto the lower branches and started to climb the tree. There was a secret easy code to climbed the tree and only our family knows about it.

As I climbed the tree, my hand knocked on a piece of hard wood. I immediately retreated my hand back to me and I tried to keep the pain quiet. I have knocked on the floor of my treehouse. Still, I continued to climb until I reached a plank of wood that was supported by the branches. I stepped on the wood and opened a small door that was visible. I immediatley relieved myself and laid on my back after I had entered the treehouse. The walls were painted in a light purple, close to lavender and the floor was painted in a bright blue and lastly, the ceiling was painted in a girlish pink. I laughed at that sight of the colours as it reminded me of good times.

"Appa!" I had said, tugging onto my father's shirt. I was five to six years old. "Can you paint the walls pink?" I had asked him. He laughed as he started to pick a pint of paint. 

"Mi Young..."he started laughing. "You said you wanted Purple and I know that you will regret it if you painted the walls pink. When you grow up, you will be like: 'Oh my gosh dad! Why are the walls pink? You know they represent girlish and dainty while I am tomboyish and strong'." He had imitated the teenage me. I laughed. 

"I have also given you the oppotunity to choose where you want to paint too!" He added in, as he started to paint the walls into lavender. 

I reached to the closed window and went to opened it. I looked down the oak tree to find my mother holding Jae Hyuk, who was three to four years old. 

"Umma!" I screamed and she looked at me, smiling. She waved her hand at me and I waved back then continued to 'help' my father to paint the walls...

I smiled at the memories I had made with my family. Photo frames were held all across the walls. I sat up and reached a corner where books were stacked in shelves. I took out one book. What is so powerful of me by Kim Mi Young. I had written that book when I was four in the house. I started to read it, nearly laughing at what I had written at such a young age. 

Sausages are my best friend... No one has a stronger bond than sausages

I had read and started laughing. I had been in love with sausages and tried to make a promise that I will marry them when I grew older. I hit my head as I called myself 'stupid'. 

After ten more minutes, I finished my extremely long book and took out my art materials from a box beside the bookshelves. There were my art block, crayons, watercolors, poster colours, colour pencils,different types of drawing pencils, charcole pencils and lastly, my clay eraser that is really well made for art. 

I sat on a large beanie that i found near a corner and dragged it towards the only and large window that I had used to call my mom. I looked out at the sceneric and started to draw and painted with a great eye for details. I finished it within an hour and a half. I had to admit it myself that it was indeed beautifully made and had increadible details all over it. Lastly, I signed my name at the bottom right of the paper. 

I went to put my art materials back into the box and the beanie. I sat on the floor in a corner and looked around the wide and spacious space around the four walls. The room was quite big and it is enough to place ten people laying down. 

I stayed there for a while before deciding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter