Forty Eight

Free My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The four exchanged looks around the coffee table.

A good hour had gone by and Hoya still hadn’t said a word.

He wasn’t sure how to start to be exact.

“We don’t have all day.” L finally broke the silence.

“The truth is I didn’t meet Aeri at school…I met her through Dongwoo hyung.” Hoya started. .

They cringed upon hearing that name.

“Jang Dongwoo?” L asked.

Hoya nodded.

“So you were part of it too weren’t you? You and Jang Dongwoo are responsible for Sunggyu hyung’s death!” L attacked him.

“I wasn’t! I swear!” He escaped L’s grip.

Sungyeol got a hold of L before he could do anything else.

“Let’s hear what he has to say first.” Woohyun warned L.

Hoya shifted his eyes between the three.

“Don’t worry. You can trust us.” Woohyun put a hand on his shoulder.

“Right?” He turned his attention to Sungyeol and L.

“Of course.” Sungyeol nodded.

Then all eyes turned to L.

“Fine.” He rolled his eyes.

“Dongwoo hyung and I were sold to him, our boss, when we were young. We didn’t get the chance to live a normal life. Life was like a game, the only way to live was to obey his orders. Dongwoo hyung was my only friend…my only family and all we wanted more than anything else in the world was to be like the other people our age but that seemed impossible. About a year and a half ago, Dongwoo hyung found some evidence that would ruin him. Hyung only told me that there was someone more powerful controlling everything. He never got that chance to tell me the details but I know he carried the evidence in a necklace he wore.”

“Necklace?” Sungyeol interrupted.

“Are you talking about the one with the black string?” Woohyun recalled.

“Yea! That one, have you seen it?” Hoya’s eyes lit up.

“Last time we saw it; it was one Jang Dongwoo.” Sungyeol shook his head.

“Oh…”

“Then?” L hurried Hoya to continue.

“Right… when he found out, he came after us and tried to kill us…he tied us up and threw us into the ocean. After that hyung and I lost contact, I searched everywhere for him but he was no where to be found. So I assumed the worst, until about a year ago. Hyung found me and told me that I was free. He had taken care of everything and I was finally able to live a normal life. That was also the first time I met Aeri and it was also when he told me he loved me.”

L coughed at those words as if he didn’t believe them.

Woohyun and Sungyeol sent a glare at L and motioned for Hoya to continue.

“Because of Aeri, hyung learned to love and we thought that things would finally be okay but we were wrong.”

“What do you mean?” Woohyun asked.

“The night of the accident…Aeri’s brother had reported Dongwoo hyung to the police and that’s how he found out where hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter