Thirty Seven

Free My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Aeri walked into class, the thing she was dreading most happened. 

Everyone gave her unwelcoming stares and the room filled with whispers.

“It’s a shame that nothing happened to her that day.” Yena scoffed.

“I know; I was hoping to see her at her funeral today not in class.” Ara added.

Aeri walked by pretending not to hear her.

“Avoid eye contact, we don’t want her talking to us!” Soonmi whispered to Minhee.

She ignored that too.

When Aeri finally made it to her seat, Hoya immediately got up and walked away.

“Where do you think you’re going? Go back to your seat.” Their teacher demanded.

Before sitting back down, Hoya lifted his desk and moved it away from Aeri’s.

She turned and looked at him.

“Don’t look at me. Or come near me. I’m sick and tired of you. You’re a pain I don’t want to deal with anymore. I don’t even know why I wasted my time on you.” He said.

Aeri didn’t know what to say.

She was beyond shocked.

“Attention!” Their gym teacher hit his ruler against the podium.

“We’ll be going to the pool today." He announced.

"Well what are you kids waiting for? Go get ready!” He hurried.

After getting changed, everyone lined up for the diving board.

Aeri and Hyunsik were the first to go.

Aeri hesitated.

“I…I don’t think I can do this.” She swallowed as she turned back towards the rail.

“You can’t back out now.” Hyunsik spun her around, pushing her over the edge of the diving board so she could get a clearer view of how high up they were. 

Then he turned her around to face him.

“You know Aeri, it’s a shame you rejected me. We would have made a great pair, but it's too late for that right? So I guess you deserve this.” He laughed before pushing her off forcefully.

“AHHHH!!” Aeri screamed waking up from her nightmare.

She clenched onto her covers as beads of sweat trickled down the sides of her face.

“It was only a nightmare…” She told herself as she got out of bed.

Aeri thought back to the previous day as she made her way to the kitchen pouring herself a glass of water.

Just remembering being lost in the forest made Aeri shiver.

Meanwhile Woohyun, L and Sungyeol gathered in L’s room.

“What happened yesterday?” Woohyun asked, half expecting L to confess about the kiss.

“I don’t even know how to say this or where to begin.” L sighed sitting down on his bed.

“Come on, what is it?” Sungyeol hurried.

“I…I think Aeri remembers.” He threw head into his hands.

“Remembers what?” Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows.

That was not the answer he was expecting.

“Remembers her past.” He said in an agitated way.

“What are you talking about?” Sungyeol couldn’t get himself to believe L’s words.

“When I found her she came running to me…she was terrified but I didn’t know why…I’ve never seen her that scared before.”

“Maybe she saw something…or someone when she was lost in the forest…” Woohyun reasoned.

“No…when she finally reached

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter