Thirty Nine

Free My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aeri…I think its time you go back to school.” Woohyun sat her down next to her on the couch.

“I…I still don’t feel well.” Aeri tried to escape.

“You’re not going anywhere.” L stopped her.

“Aeri, you’ve already missed two weeks of school.” He turned to L and signaled him to say something.

“Yea, you don’t want to fall behind, do you?” L nudged her arm.

Aeri shrugged.

“You haven’t left the house since we visited Sunggyu hyung.” He added.

She didn’t answer.

Woohyun and L exchanged worried looks.

“Something’s bothering you...isn’t there.” Woohyun finally spoke.

“No…” Aeri shook her head.

“Aeri, you’re not very good at lying…” L grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her to face him.

“You might think it’s fine, but your screams in the middle of the night are making us suffer too. Do you see these bags under my eyes?” He joked.

“Yea, me too.” Woohyun turned to her and made a silly face.

Aeri looked away as tears filled her eyes.

“Why? Why are you crying?” Woohyun gasped.

“I don’t want to go back to school…my classmates hate me. They don’t want me there.”

Woohyun and L were taken aback by her sudden confession.

“Aeri… you have plenty of friends, there’s Minhee, Soonmi, H -”

“That’s what I thought…but it was all too good to be true. I’m a mess, someone who doesn’t even know her past…and I’m new…no one likes to befriend the new girl.” Aeri cut him off and cried.

“Aeri ah, we’re sorry…we didn’t know.” Woohyun took her into his arms.

“We’ll fix this.” L added.

“Really?” Aeri pulled away and looked at them for confirmation.

“Then can I go back to my old school? At least there I’ll have friends.” She wiped her tears away.

“Your old school?!?” L looked to Woohyun who was thinking the same thing.

“Please?”

“Alright.” Woohyun sighed.

“Thank you oppa!” Aeri hurried to her room.

“Hyung…we can’t let her go back.”

“What other choice do we have?”

“If she goes back, she’s bound to remember something and that will only – “

“Relax, Aeri hasn’t gained anymore memories even with the accident. We’ll just get Sungjong to keep an eye on her.” Woohyun reassured L.

“I hope you’re right about this…” L sighed.

~

Hoya walked into class the next day hoping to see Aeri at her desk.

But again it was empty.

Aeri had missed two weeks of school and he hadn’t seen her for 16 days.

“Is she not here again?” Hyunsik walked over to Hoya and asked.

“She’s still won’t answer her phone…and when I visit, they always say she’s not well…” Hoya sighed.

“You still try visiting her?” Hyunsik asked since he had given up after the third try.

“She won’t see anyone…I just want to know if she’s okay or not.” Hoya sighed.

“Don’t worry, she’s not dead yet. Ara hasn’t seen anyone take out a dead body from their apartment.” Yena turned and said to him.

“Besides, she’s probably out meeting boys; you know that’s what she’s best at.” Ara laughed only to earn a glare from Hoya.

“Class! Attention! I’ve got an important announcement to make.” Their homeroom teacher projected his voice from the front of the class.

“As you may have noticed, one of your fellow classmates has not been in school for the past two weeks.”

“Ssaem, is she okay?” Kwangmin asked.

“I don’t know how to break this to you guys, but Kim Aeri will not longer be a part of this class.” Their teacher revealed ignoring Kwangmin’s question.

“What do you mean? Is she switching to class 2B?” Minhee asked.

“Let me clarify. Kim Aeri will no longer be a student at this school.”

“What?!” Hoya and Hyunsik stood up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter