Twenty Four

Free My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can’t you look….more like you want to be here and not like you hate the world?” L turned to her when they reached the studio door.

“There. Happy?” Aeri forced a smile with her index fingers.

“Alright. Come on.” He placed his hands on her shoulder and guided her inside.

“L! You’re here. Come on go get changed.” A woman who looked important pulled him away.

“I guess I’ll just help myself.” Aeri shrugged looking around the set.

“Excuse me.” A voice called.

“You.” He called again and this time Aeri turned.

“Me?” She pointed to herself

“Yes you, the one standing there with nothing to do. Go stand by X so we can fix the lighting.”

“Um…okay? She walked to the backdrop hesitantly.  

“Try to pose naturally.” He ordered.

Not know what to do, she quickly stood tall, crossed one leg over the other and looked off to the side, into the distance.

“Where is Miss Baek? She’s supposed to be here. She’s late! I still can’t believe I’m letting her be on the cover and have a 10 page spread. If it wasn’t for her – wait. Who’s that? She’s perfect. Who is she? Did I mention that she’s perfect?” The editor asked.

“Um…I don’t know.” Her assistant answer.

“Well don’t just stand here! Go find out and replace her with whoever the female model was.”

“You can’t do that.” She reminded her.

“I’ll deal with it. Just go.”

“Hello? Miss Baek, I have a great idea. How would you like to be on the November’s edition instead?  You’ll be the only model on the cover. A cover all to yourself, how does that sound? Alright, I’ll contact you when we have the shooting.”

“Her name is Kim Aeri, she came with L.” The assistant return.

“Perfect. “ She thought.

“Hi. I’m Lee Haneul, the editor of this magazine and I was wondering whether you’d like to be on the cover for October’s edition?” She walked up to Aeri.

“Me? Thanks for the opportunity but I don’t think so.” Aeri bowed and walked away.

“Wait, wait! What can I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter