Thirty Four

Free My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is everyone back? It’s already 7, we’re behind schedule.” Their teacher checked his watch.

“Yup...wait...ssaem there’s only 24 of us…someone’s missing.” The class president announced.

“Who?”

Everyone turned to each other to see who was missing.

Hoya and Hyunsik immediately searched for Aeri.

“Aeri…where is she?” They gasped.

“Aeri?” Everyone called.

There was no answer.

“Girls, where’s Aeri?” Their teacher turned to Yena, Ara, Soonmi and Minhee.

“Ssaem, didn’t she came back already?” Yena played dumb.

“Yea, we were on our way back but she was impatient, so she ran off first.” Ara added.

“Lies. Aeri isn’t the impatient type.” Hoya thought.

“Has anyone seen Aeri?” The teacher asked.

No one answered.

“We’ll wait another 15 minutes, boys why don’t you search over there to see if she’s on her way.”

The boys exchanged looks and didn’t budge with the exception of Hyunsik and Hoya.

“I’ll look over here.” Hoya said heading to the right and Hyunsik went towards the left.

Both Hoya and Hyunsik came back after 15 minutes.

“Any luck?” Their teacher asked.

They shook their heads.

“Ssaem what if something happened to her?” Hyunsik worried.

“I’m afraid that might be the case. She’s lost and out there alone. Kids, call your parent to let them know you’ll be late. I’m going to call Aeri’s guardian.” Their teacher tried to remain calm.

“This isn’t serious is it?” Minhee mumbled.

“Let’s hope she doesn’t slip and fall down a cliff and off the face of the Earth.” Jaehwan joked trying to lighten the mood only to earn glares from the other students. 

“Fall down a cliff?” Minhee’s voice trembled. She never meant to harm Aeri…

“We just don’t know where to start…she can be anywhere.” Hoya said.

“I know!” Minhee’s hand shot up.

"You do?" Hyunsik and Hoya's eyes grew.

“Ssaem…I’m sorry…we left her. We left her in the forest.” She confessed. 

Everyone turned to Yena.

They knew she was the mastermind behind all this.

“What are you doing?” Yena and Ara raged.

“Minhee what are you saying?” Their teacher questioned.

“It’s my fault, I shouldn’t have left Aeri alone. I knew it was wrong...but I just wanted to teach her a lesson for lying to us. We...we left her alone in the forest and told her to wait for us before heading back here. Aeri at directions...I'm scared she's lost and she can't find her way back. Ssaem, what are we going to do? I didn't mean to hurt her...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.” She cried.

“Minhee, it’s okay. Everything will be fine. You stay here with the other girls. Boys, split into teams. We’ll come back here at 9, e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter