ECSTASY

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Edited by the lovely ChiNyan

S E V E N

E C S T A S Y: a state of sudden and intense feeling (see: first kiss)

 

 I allowed myself to be pulled into the crowd, but the second we stepped back onto the dance floor I began questioning my judgment.

Refusing to back down from a challenge was one thing, but this was Jungkook. Just being around him sent my wolf haywire and not to mention the prospect of him being my mate.

Who cares, dance with him Alpha.

Jungkook's hand around my wrist send my skin tingling in a delicious way, the all too familiar warmth already working its way up my arm. He stopped in the general center of the dance floor, curving around to face me effortlessly and letting go of my arm. His grip disappeared, but only so he could slink close to me. My body moved on its own to the constant beat of the music, but that also meant it wandered closer to Jungkook. His scent was stronger now, invading my senses and making my wolf curl her tail up in pleasure.

My heart was pounding against my rib cage.

In front if me, Jungkook locked his smoky eyes on mine, making it unable for me to look away as our bodies move in response to each other. I examined his face, illuminated by the light that poured from the windows. One side of his mouth tipped up into a y smirk, but there was an eagerness about it as he ducked his head so he was even closer to me.

There was something about this that send a shot of confidence through my veins, maybe it was the way he glanced around us for a moment to warn other male dancers off, or the way he was constantly trying to get closer to me, that made me feel totally in control. I liked it.

My mouth curved into a smile.

It was hot but bearable and I embraced the heat that came of Jungkook in waves. I rested one arm on my head, regretting wearing a long sleeved shirt, and shoved hair away from my face.

I was acting weird, I was acting like I wanted this to happen.

Jungkook's handsome face slipped closer to me, so close that we were breathing the same air, and my wolf responded in a yelp of excitement.

Do something. She ordered me. He's so close to you.

His gaze intensified and his eyes began to glow faintly. His smirk had fallen off his face, but there was amusement in his movements as he grabbed my arm off my head and set it on his shoulder.

His Alpha Current flared around us, wrapping me in a whirl of warmth that I welcomed. Sparks traced up my bare skin, curling up my arms and prickling my scalp. My human reasoning, the one telling me to keep away from him, stopped functioning.

“Aaemi.” His voice was low and rough and send shivers down my spine. “Don't forget who you're dancing with.”

I growled. My wolf had 51% control of my body, and that was enough to push primal urges to the surface. I wanted to kiss him. Holy , I wanted to kiss him.

The thick, delicious scent of attraction came off his body in a slow-moving wave. I inhaled deeply, then glanced up at his eyes. They were clear of emotions, but I could see a strain in them. Jungkook held himself away from me carefully.

I threw another arm around his neck but pulled away slightly.

I didn't know how long we spend dancing, but it was long enough for me to get bored and bold. Without my consent, my hands slipped down from around his neck to the front of his shirt. I could feel Jungkook stiffen underneath my touch, his muscles tensing as my hand continued to slip down until it was brushing against the belt of his jeans. I hooked one finger in the belt of his jeans and, letting out a hum, jerked him against me.

The entire front of his body crashed into mine, sending jolts of pleasure zinging over my skin. His hold on my waist tightened as he began to mutter swear words. A low groan emanated from his mouth as his Alpha Current spikes again. My hips rocked against his and he breathed out heavily.

“What the do you think you're doing?” His breath was harsh and I locked eyes with him again. Fury, desire, vulnerability. Emotions that, in the forty-eight hours I'd known him, seemed so uncharacteristic. “Aaemi.” His voice vibrated through me and an unusual force pushed me onto my toes, reaching my hand up to splay my fingers across his cheek. My thumb ran under his jaw.

Holy crap, this was happening.

He shuddered.

Everything slowed down, the intensity of our closeness drawing out the previous haste of our actions as a fire lit under my skin. It traced through my veins, running into every limb of my body, setting the marks on my arm on fire. Jungkook stared back at me, his face a void of emotion as a concentrated light behind his eyes suddenly began to spell out promises.

I will protect you with my life. His voice echoed in my head. I will love you with all of my being. I will give you everything.

This was happening. What was happening? Where was this coming from? My heart slammed against my ribcage as my mind raced. I wanted to pull away, I wanted to slap myself and figure out what the hell was happening.

Kiss him. My wolf screamed at me. Kiss him.

And then I didn't have a fiber in my being that cared about what was going on. I could feel his heart beating under my hand as his chest heaved with every breath he took. Jungkook stared at me, like he wanted to say something but couldn't get it out of his mouth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter