UNEARTHLY

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Edited by the lovely ChiNyan

T H R E E

U N E A R T H L Y: seeming not to belong to this earth or world (see: Jungkook's annoyingly attractive face)

 His name was Jungkook Lee and he had a ing piercing.

Just one dark stone, on his right ear, but it was enough to bump him up a factor of ten on the hotness scale. As if he wasn't already one of the most attractive person I've ever met.

“Sure. We can talk.” He said amiably enough, pulling back just enough so we could lock eyes, but I didn't miss the naughty look in his eyes. His smoky eyes which were distracting the hell out of me. I looked away from him defiantly to glance to the left at Nicolai, who seemed a little dazed, then around at the crowd of bewildered and murmuring students.

“Alone,” I added.

Jungkook raised a dark eyebrow. “Are you sure we'll be talking?” He didn't even bother masking the playfulness in his voice.

I wrinkled my nose in annoyance, but that didn't stop my wolf from purring at his little innuendo. I wanted to rip his eyes out, but my wolf seemed to want to rip his clothes off.

“Turn around and walk out the school doors,” I ordered instead, reaching up to press a hand on his shoulder. He y smirk reappeared as he looked between where my hand rested and my face. He opened his mouth, but I didn't let him talk, “Move.” I ordered.

For a moment, we stood there and I noticed the look in his eyes that said 'I don't take orders well'. Well, I didn't take misbehaving shifters well either. I met his eyes with a challenging look of my own. I was half-expecting to have to drag him out of the school, but then he reached out an arm and closed a hand on my wrist.

“Okay.” He turned around and began walking towards the door. I was completely distracted by our contact again so I didn't notice Nicolai move until he was in front of Jungkook.

“What's going on?” He asked, his eyes darting to look at me for a second before he returned his gaze to Jungkook. For some reason, my wolf didn't like how Nicolai was looking at me, suspiciously, like I was some sort of malicious threat to his alpha.

I was going to be a threat if he kept looking at me like that. My temper spiked and my wolf snarled. Jungkook opened his mouth again to respond, but I cut him off. Taking a lazy step so I stood in between the two boys, I tipped my head back and look up at Nicolai calmly.

“Why don't you back up, Nicky?” My voice wasn't loud, in fact, I kept down so it was just Nicolai, Jungkook and me in the conversation. My Alpha Current flared. Nicolai's eyes narrowed in response, but I kept mine focused on his. Slowly, he took a step backwards. I smelled the sweet berry scent of submission and my lips curled up. Jungkook let out a low whistle that, for some incomprehensible reason, had my blood running hot for the second time since I met him five minutes ago.

Jungkook was still standing behind me with his hand wrapped loosely around my mine. I twisted my wrist so I was the one with a hold on him I stalked towards the exit. But as I passed Nicolai I couldn't help the hand that reached up and ruffles his hair.

The hand that's wrapped around Jungkook's wrist tingled annoyingly.

Outside Jungkook snickered behind me in a very boyish way. Around us, I could feel the eyes of curious students. “I'm impressed, you intimated one of my best fighters without blinking. What are you, like five-nothing?”

I whipped around to slam him with a glare, “Five-two.” I hissed. “Not that I have anything to prove to you.” Jungkook laughed, low and hot like everything else about him. Bastard.

There was nothing that pissed me off more than when people talked about my height. My wolf should be spitting in anger. But she wasn't, in fact, she seemed pretty quiet. Waiting.

Somehow, in between grumbling in annoyance and wondering what the hell was wrong with my wolf, Jungkook had skillfully switched from being pulled to leading me across the parking lot.

There was something about being led, about the following someone. You were behind the other person, facing their back as you followed them. I'd say there's quite a bit of trust and submission in allowing yourself to be led. This thought finally got my wolf a little irked. I was not just an alpha female, I was alpha female of my pack. I wasn't used to the back view that came with following.

And my hand was still tingling.

I mentally smacked myself and my wolf, I wasn't the kind of person to be stumbling behind someone. Before I could pull away from this stupid boy I realized that we were already here.

Jungkook let go of my hand and moved to lean against a car that I was guessing to be his. He looked too casual and way too good. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he waited for me to speak and I was about to when I noticed his car, My jaw dropped. His glossy black sports car.

“Carboy?” I asked. Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “From this morning?”

A wicked grin spread across his face, “And I'm assuming you're the pretty red car that tried to scrape half the paint off Olivia?” He ran a hand protectively along the top of his car, but his eyes stayed on mine. There was something of an impressed way that he looked at me now.

Well, apparently his car's name was Olivia.

“Too bad I didn't,” I muttered, “You practically attacked my baby with your horrid lane change skills.” Jungkook laughed. This time, there's something challenging in the way he leaned forward to answer me.

“Sorry, but I'm a great driver,” He responded. I narrowed my eyes. Then why the hell did you cut in front of me? Did you want me to back-end you?

“It's okay. I can already tell you're not too good at staying in your lane.”

Jungkook grinned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter