VIVACIOUS

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

edicated to: Bubble4ever1221 for your rocking upvote~ 

as well as macyroxcutiepie, ButterflyMint & alexthedarklord who I feel like have been with Indifferent for so long they feel obligated to leave a comment~ Thank you luvs~

As well as the lovely ChiNyan, my first real-life editor who takes the time to patiently go through my chapters and fix verb confusion, spelling and kindly tell me where the she doesn't understand what the hell is going on~ You're a doll ^~^

AND TO MY AH-MAY-ZING readers who've brought this story up to 5K views~ 5K! My love for every single one of you guys goes beyond the stars~

N I N E T E E N

 V I V A C I O U S: lively; animated (see: the shifter club)

Turns out the Four pack base wasn't in LA, or even California for that matter. Jungkook had followed my scent all the way the way to Vegas, which is why it took him so long to find me. I sit in the passenger seat of Jungkook y black car as it prowled through the busy streets of Vegas and its nightlife, racing past lit bars and clubs crammed with masses of dancing humans.

Jungkook and I had decided that there was no point in leaving Vegas without even the slightest reason of Four's occupation in it, so Jungkook had spent several hours on his phone speaking to people in rapid Korean before he finally found a relevant connection.

My boyfriend sat beside me, one hand resting loosely on the wheel the other on the gear shift looking the image of smoldering wearing a black button up and dark jeans. He'd styled his hair up again and the high contrast shadows pushed his beauty past earthly.

Boyfriend. The word sounded foreign, especially when I was using it talk about Jungkook. I was surprised he'd asked and, even more, surprised when I found myself nodding my head. But not as surprised as Jungkook when he heard my answer. Resisting the urge to bang my head against the glass window, I smacked myself mentally knowing that when we returned home Jaron(and Juliae) were never going to let me live this down.

I had no idea what 'being in a relationship' meant, our situation was weird. Most mates went from nothing to everything in half of second whereas Jungkook and I were taking a more human approach. And I was unbelievably grateful for it. I didn't want to read too much into it, but it seemed Jungkook was respecting the fact that I didn't want to plunge head first into our tentative relationship, but at the same time he wanted to be with me. Which was incredibly thoughtful and incredibly y of him.

My wolf was very pleased with him.

And I'd come to the realization that was harboring what humans would call a 'crush on him'. Honestly, you can't really blame me either. Jungkook's this charming, dark, y alpha male who saves lives in his free time and is a . And he's like six-one. It was kind of hard to keep away from him.

Not that I'd ever let him know, his ego would balloon to a size that rivaled Russia.

I ran my fingers of the tight leather pants I wore and immediately remembered Jungkook face when I'd walked into the room wearing them. In order to get into a nightclub, I'd have to look the age, which led me borrowing Jungkook car and driving down to the nearest mall to make some purchases. I didn't exactly pack any clothes in the intent of clubbing. I'd dressed while Jungkook was showering, not even bothering to look in the mirror to spare me horror. Tight black leather jeans, an even tighter red mid-drift exposing top and ridiculously high red pumps that I was going to ditch the second we got in the club.

I'd just zipped up a thin jacket over my top when he'd sauntered into the room. His mouth had fallen open, his gaze dropping down shamelessly to my legs, and I swear I saw him swallow.

Pushing my crimped hair out of my face, I focused my attention back on the road.

“Nervous?” Jungkook asks, turning on the red light and earning an annoyed honk. He responded by speeding up. “Don't bother lying. I can smell it on you,” I shut my mouth with a snap and he smiled.

“I am not,” I stressed my words and he shrugged. His hand moved from the gear shift and moved to rest on my knee, which was coincidently leaning on the small island the dash created in between us. The second his skin touched mine, even though the fabric, my skin warmed with pleasure. My body protested but I reached over and smacked his hand off anyways. Chuckling, his shook his head but he didn't try to touch me again. Instantly, I regretting slapping his hand.

I was nervous. I was scared less, which was an unfamiliar feeling for me.

Feeling Jungkook apply the breaks, I turn and peered out the window. A club entrance, not unlike the other clubs out there, welcomed the city with it's huge twin bouncers, red carpet, and promising pounding music. The words 'Haven' glittered above the double doors in neon, displaying the name of the club.

My spidey-senses were already tingling and my wolf was snarling in warning. She didn't like the place.

“This is it,” Jungkook said as he snuck into an empty spot beside the curb, “An old college friend of my father's pointed me in this direction. It's a shifters only club and there's supposed to be a woman here who has connections with Four.”

“Human?” I asked curiously. Jungkook turns to me.

“Raven shifter,” he says.

“Did you catch a name?” I tilt my head.

“Nicole Storm.”

★ ★ ★

We walked up to the bouncers whose eyes skimmed over Jungkook, then rested on me. The disgusting feeling of their roaming eyes made me want to shoot forward and gouge them out with a fork. Instead, I raised my chin and met their gaze easily. Jungkook stiffened beside me.

“Sorry,” The one of the bouncers says finally. They produce oily smiles, “No humans.”

Jungkook's eyes flash amber. The bouncer one the left raises an eyebrow at me. I roll my eyes, then allow my wolf's eyes to show themselves.

“Sorry,” the same one repeats, “.”

Jungkook opens his mouth to say something, but I cut him off, my alpha current flaring brightly. “Move,” I order, taking a step forward.

The bouncers are startled for a moment, a small tinge of their panic flavors the air. They shake their heads disobediently and assume defensive positions. Without thinking, I reach behind me and clasp Jungkook's hand.

“Move,” I growl lowly, fixing them with eyes that still hadn't returned to normal. I smell their submission as this time they choose to step away before I maul them. I storm inside and dragged Jungkook with me before they called security or something.

Jungkook whistles. “Damn.”

I grin at him over my shoulder and push open the heavy metal doors. We step into a dimly lit entrance foyer, where the pounding base of house music reverberates up from the floor and echoes warmly through the room. My heels sunk into the plush maroon carpet and the strong scent of flooded the air. Moans, definitely not from Jungkook or me, interrupted the constant lull of the music and I quickened my pace, realizing we weren't the only ones in the room.

I tightened my grip on Jungkook's hand and pushed through the foyer's doors into the warehouse style nightclub.

My wolf growled, immediately threatened by the scents of all the other shifters in the room. Everywhere around us, withering bodies and flashing eyes swamed in the mass of dancing supernatur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter