INFURIATE

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Edited by the lovely ChiNyan

F O U R

I N F U R I A T E: to make furious; enrage (see: Aaemi's reaction to being called 'short')

 

 I pulled up to our new house; a rather sizable building that, more importantly, had a massive lot of property surrounding it. A lot of property that was home to almost half of my pack. I parked my car in one of the slots in the garage,

“Are you coming inside?” I asked Justin and Angel as I pushed my door open. Angel shook her head, an apologetic smile on her face.

“Sorry, I've got to help my mom unpack. She wants my sister to start going to school as soon as possible but that's not happening when our apartment is full of unpacked boxes." I smiled sympathetically. I had at least twenty boxes of my own to unpack sitting in my new room.

There were quite a few of us attending school, but with this massive move most of the teens were still adjusting and didn't have time to start school just yet. I started school a little ahead of time, I wanted to make sure this school is okay.

This move was huge, my entire pack picked up from ia, west to other side of the country. It had taken almost five years of planning, but it was essential to the future of this pack. Now that it had finally happened, words couldn't describe the amount of relief that I was feeling. My pack was finally in a situation where they didn't have to keep looking of their shoulders.

“I'm coming inside.” Justin declared from the back. He tugged at his book bag, trying to get it onto his shoulder. “Jaron said that he's cooking tonight so I'm doing homework at your place.”

I wrinkled my nose. “You have homework?” I asked. Angel left the car, nodding goodbye to me before hurrying away. She and her family were part of the werewolf community that lived on my property.

“Yeah. Don't you?” Justin shot me a look. I shrugged.

“Probably.”

“Aaemi-” Justin opened his mouth so he could scold me like the mom he was when his book bag's contents suddenly spilled all over the backseat. “.” He swore, leaning down trying to grab everything before they rolled away.

I hopped out of my car, slamming the door shut behind me. “I'll see you inside.” I said laughing.

Once inside, I grabbed my phone then tossed my bag carelessly to the side. “Jaron!” I yelled for my uncle.

“Kitchen!” I heard him yell back.

Jaron Blake wasn't actually my uncle, but he had taken care of my ever since my father mated with my step-mother and he had stood next to me as I resumed the position of Alpha female so he was practically family.

He was father to five boys, one of which is Justin, but I was guessing they were all roaming around the new property and won't bother coming back to the house until dinner.

He had his head buried in the newspaper when I walked into the kitchen. “Are you reading the newspaper? What is it, like three in the afternoon?” I asked, throwing myself into a barstool next to him. Jaron set the newspaper down and his face came into view. His eyes were smiling in greeting but the second his sight land on me his eyebrows slammed into his hairline.

“What's wrong?” I asked, concern colored my words.

Jaron's eyes moved from my face and turned to gaze around the room, as if he was looking for someone, “Where is he?” He asked. His voice was even, but I could smell the caution and surprise in his voice.

“Who, Justin? He spilled all his crap in the car, he'll be here in a second.” I answered. Jaron shook his head.

“Why do you smell like that?” Jaron asked.

“Why is everyone asking me that? Do I smell bad or something?” I made a show of sniffing my shirt. Jaron shook his head.

“I'm serious Aaemi, you smell-” Jaron's voice was wary as he contemplated what he wanted to say. “Different. Did anything happen at school?” I stiffened slightly but hid it with a stretch.

I meet a seriously infuriating, unbelievably attractive werewolf boy, slipped, and landed on my . My wolf swished her tail happily at the mention of Jungkook.

I pulled my sleeve further down my arm and over my palm so I could clench it in my fist. Better not let Jaron see my new tattoo, I had no idea what it was myself and Jaron might mistake it as another stage in 'teen rebellion' or whatever. Then he really would a brick.

“No.” I said nonchalantly, turning away from Jaron so I could open the fridge. My eyes skimmed the contents. Eggs, eggs, and eggs. “Do we have something to eat that wasn't pooped out by a chicken?” I asked, spinning to face Jaron again.

He raised an eyebrow, “I call bull.” He informed me. I shrugged and stepped away from the fridge so he could see the boxes of eggs.

“I'm serious, it's like egg central in our fridge.”

“Aaemi.”

“Jaron.” I sung back, wriggling my eyebrows in a way I know will make him laugh. Suppressing a smile, Jaron shot me a disapproving look. I shut the refrigerator and notice a shopping list taped on the magnetic door.

I peeled it off the fridge, tape and all, then fold the transparent sticky surface onto the paper. “Do you need me to go shopping for you?” I asked, waving the list around in between my fingers, already started towards the garage entrance again.

“Don't you have homework?” Jaron called.

“Nah. First day, I don't get assigned homework until I'm caught up with the class.” That was a lie too, I specifically remembered my math teacher assigning problems in our textbook to solve. I didn't even have the textbook.

I tossed my heels off and grabbed a pair of red basketball shoes. My feet thanked me by lessening the ache and I sighed in relief.

“Take a fighter with you.” Jaron yelled . As if. I was already back in the garage, past Justin who had finally gathered his , and shut the door behind me.

★ ★ ★

Shopping in Oregon was a whole lot easier than in ia. My pack had lived in a property in the middle of nowhere, we had to drive almost an hour to get to a grocery store. In Oregon I just had to drive on the main road for less than five minutes before I spotted a Walmart.

Pocket my lanyard and keys, I grabbed a cart and pulled up a picture of Jaron's grocery list on my phone.

Milk. I headed towards the diary section. No doubt the list wasn't in any sort of order, but I was too distracted to care. My mind was still swimming(annoyingly enough) with thoughts of Jungkook. His scent. His eyes. His y smirk. Shopping was a good way to get my brain, and my wolf, to stop thinking about him.

Dammit, I just met the guy. I shook my head, confused as to why my brain wouldn't stop returning to him.

I wrinkled my nose a little as I examined the selection of boxed and bottled milk. Whole, 2%, skim. Sighing I stepped away from my cart to grab carton of each one. Who was I kidding, I was buying groceries for the five shifter boys who lived in the house, not counting Jaron. They ate boatloads.

I was juggling the three milk cartons in my arms, praying that none would fall and splatter onto the ground in the meter away my cart was. Setting them down carefully, I picked my phone up again to check what was next. Before I could unlock my phone, a strangely familiar tingling warmth flared on my forearm. The one with the inky markings. I had already pushed the cart a fraction, but the sudden, fleeting, sensation in my arm had me losing control of it.

I grabbed for the metal bar, but it was too late and I heard a soft 'thud' as it hit someone lightly.

“Oh crap, sorry! I wasn't-” I began to apologize, pulling the cart back immediately. A familiar scent invaded my senses. . My wolf was suddenly alert as the cinnamon-y smell wafted.

“Hello.” I heard the amusement in his voice before I looked up and saw it in his face, “Aaemi, right?” There was a teasing glint in his dark eyes. I snorted.

“No, it's the pizza delivery girl.” I raised an eyebrow, “What are you doing here?”

Jungkook grinned at me, “If the pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter