ENCOUNTER

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Edited by the lovely ChiNyan

Dedicated to jazzalazza, H1DD3NANG3L & Floqkpop

Thank you for upvoting  You guys are awesomesauce hehehe

S I X

E N C O U N T E R: to come up or meet, especially unexpectedly (see: the party)

 

 The highlight of my entire day was lunch. I met my first human friend.

After the whole encounter with Jungkook in my Chemistry class, I had gone throughout the entire day with this storm cloud above my head. Without Jungkook near me, my wolf was back to her annoying self so I barely managed to make it through my calculus or lit classes.

That brought me to lunch, I was sitting at a lunch table that faced the windows of the cafeteria, rubbing my index fingers into my temples. A headache had eased in Jungkook's presence, but the noise from the cafeteria was bouncing off the ceiling and concentrated into my eardrums. I was going to wait for Justin, but my wolf was screaming at me to just leave school.

A lunch tray dropped down in front of me and I looked up to watch a girl with brown hair and large hazel eyes sit down. “Hey. I'm Juliae. You look lonely.” Her voice didn't shake like other human students' when they spoke to me and I couldn't smell any fear on her. I liked her immediately.

“I'm-”
“I know who you are,” Juliae cut me off, “I'm in your chem class. And calculus.” I shrugged, thinking that I should look apologetic but wasn't able to make myself look so.

“Sorry,”

“You're not.” She brushed me off in a way that reminded me of Angel, “You talk back like a and you've got Jungkook Lee, a boy who barely cares about girls more than to check if they're on the pill before he takes them, smiling at you so you must be worth my time.” There was only confidence that oozed from her words and my mouth tipped up into a smile. I liked her even more, she didn't look like a fighter, but I had a feeling she could go ape- if she really wanted to.

“Jungkook-”

“Can be compared to walking STD, yes.” Juliae cut me off again. My wolf growled a little in warning, she didn't like the insult, but you could bet I sure did. I tipped my head back and laughed. Juliae allowed a small smile onto her poker face.

She offered me the tiny carton of milk off her tray. “Milk? I can't drink plain milk and they were out of chocolate.” It dangled from her fingers like a friendship offering. I took it with a grin.

“Thanks.”

Juliae was fun to talk to, she fired off questions faster than I could answer them and always had these wise- quips to add my sarcastic ones.

Lunch hour was right about to end when Justin decided he would finally show his face.

“Hey.” He nodded to Juliae and me. His eyes widened at the sight of a human girl sitting in front of me, laughing at my comment about Ms. Jean. Normally I just steered clear of humans, especially since I was prone to start a fight, but Juliae seemed pretty damn cool. “Who is this?”

I ignored his question, “Where have you been?”

“In the library. Studying.” He announced, pulling a chair up to our small table. He took one of the fries off my tray and stuffed it in his mouth.

Juliae turned her gaze to Justin, examining him thoroughly. She seemed, in no way, impressed by his looks or his academics. “The library? What the hell, you've been here for like a day. What the crap are you studying for?”

Justin turned to her, surprised at my friend's loud mouth, then back to me. “Who is she, again?” He grabbed another fry. Juliae's hand flashed out and snatched the fry from his hand. Justin gaped at her as she popped it in and dusted the salt off her fingers.

“I'm not deaf, slugger.” She said and turned her hazel eyes on him, “I'm Juliae.”

I grinned. “She's my human friend,” I said proudly. Juliae nodded in agreement.

Justin raised an eyebrow at me, then turned to meet Juliae's eyes. “I'm Justin. And to answer your question, I have to take a test if I want to enter the higher level classes.” Juliae didn't look any more impressed than she had been when he first arrived.

She snickered, “Nerd.” I looked up from my nails to pin Justin with an amused gaze. He was gaping at my friend again.

“I will not just sit here and take this verbal abuse,” Justin said as he took another fry. His voice had changed. Again, Juliae tried to steal it. This time, Justin predicted her movement and kept his grip on the fry until he took a bite out of it. And her finger.

“The hell!” Juliae shrieked, ripping her finger back and pulling it to her chest. My eyebrows quirked up. Justin was playing around with her. Shifters, werewolves especially, were prone to mess around as long as there wasn't a threat. His grin was teasing, instead of angry, but Juliae just glared at him.

“Keep your teeth away from my anatomy.” She snapped. Justin smirked then took another bite out of my fry.

“I've only known you for thirty minutes and I already feel like a third wheel.” I complained, “Enough with flirting.” Justin shrugged. He attempted to take another fry but I pulled my tray away from him.

Juliae shot Justin a final look before whispering over the table, “Your friend it weird.”

“You have no idea,” I sighed.

She got up from her seat, “I have to get to class but there's a party tonight at Jessica's place. You heard about it?” I nodded my head thoughtfully, vaguely remembering Angel gushing about it.

“Yeah. Are you going? You can come over to my place and we can get ready for it.” I offered. Juliae grinned.

“I'll text you!” She called over her shoulder at me then turned to Justin, “Keep your teeth to yourself, .”

I busted out laughing at Justin, who appeared to be totally shell-shocked, as he reached over the table again and scooped up the rest of my fries.

“This is a new feeling,” he muttered. I chortled and smacked him upside the head.

“Don't scare away my friends,” I ordered, getting up in my seat. Justin followed suit and almost all female eyes turned to focus on him. “You coming to this party? Angel wants to go, so I guess I'm coming too.”

Justin contemplated it, “I have to study...” He trailed off.

“Nerd,” I repeated what Juliae said. His face screwed up.

“Maybe,” He countered, “But when I'm a billionaire neurosurgeon, I am not paying for your retirement fund.”

★ ★ ★

After school, at around eight, I opened my front door to catch sight of an over excited Juliae that looked like she wanted to crap herself.

“Your house is massive. It was like a two-minute drive to your front door.” She cried, walking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter