003 ✓

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19082016- RECONSTRUCTED

Word Count: 2,510

 

003

He had a ing piercing.

Just one dark stone, right ear. As if he wasn't already the most attractive person I'd ever met.

He smiles at me, evening out his smirk to display perfect white teeth as he moves back slightly to face me. He didn't feel real, everything around me seemed muted, dull in comparison to him.

It was honestly taking all my self-control not to pull him forward a few more inches and kiss this stranger.

"I'm Jungkook," he says to me, tipping his chin slightly to level his gaze with mine as he purposefully ignores the true meaning of my question. My eyebrows furrow as I can't help the words that tumble out of my mouth.

"Your friend just called you Jasper,"I point out, arching a brow.

He doesn't blink as he repeats the name, "Jungkook."

I want to roll my eyes. I want to look away and scoff. Instead, I straighten my spine, push back my shoulders and say, "we need to talk."

“Of course,” he said amiably enough and motions me to speak with his hand as if he expected me to have this conversation in the middle of the hallway.

“Alone,”I amend, turning pointedly to look at the crowd of students that have accumulated around us, the to Nicolai he hasn't moved from Jungkook's elbow. I return my gaze to Jungkook and catch the naughty look in his smoky dark eyes.

Jungkook raised a dark eyebrow, looking between where my hand rests around his forearm and my mouth. “Are you sure we'll be talking?” His playful tone grates on my nerves but my wolf hums at his little innuendo. Normally when werewolves first meet, the attraction is so strong they tend to exchange bodily fluids before they exchange names. Unfortunately for my wolf, I was in no mood to do so.

“Yes, I'm sure, you sleazeball, turn around and walk out the school doors,” I ordered, reaching up to press a hand on his shoulder and discover I've made a mistake. The broad, solid muscle underneath me sends the same intoxicating warmth shooting up my arm. His y smirk reappears as he tips his head to the side to look at me. He opens his mouth, but I didn't let him talk, “move.”

For a moment, we stand there and I noticed the 'I don't take orders well' look in his eyes. I met his gaze resolutely. I half-expected to have to drag him out of the school, but then he reaches out a hand and slides it into mine.

"Okay." His skin sends a sweep of pleasure that was so sudden I can't protest as he began to lead me out of the school, completely distracting me so I didn't notice Nicolai move until he was in front of Jungkook.

“What's going on?” He asks, his eyes darting to look at me for a second before he returns his gaze to Jungkook. It was only then that I realized the matching insignia at the base of their throats. Nicolai was a packmate, it was his job to protect his alpha. Another time I would have regarded him highly, respecting his loyalty, but now frustration spiked my temper.

Jungkook opened his mouth again to respond, but I cut him off. Taking a lazy step so I stood in between the two boys, I tipped my head back and look up at Nicolai calmly.

“Did you not see what just happened, Nicky?” my voice is light but I kept it tight with authority, "we're going to go have crazed, hormonal in the back seat of my car. Are you sure that's something you'd like to witness?" I reveal with a sugary smile as my Current flares. Nicolai's eyes narrow in response, but I keep mine focused on his. Slowly, he took a step backward. I smell the sweet berry scent of submission and my lips curled up. Jungkook let out a low whistle that had my blood running hot. I could feel Jungkook shake slightly with laughter as I pull him out of the school

Around us, I could feel the eyes of curious students, "you know for someone so tiny, your Current is strong. What are you, like 5 foot nothing?"

I whipped around to slam him with a glare. “Five-two,” I correct, “not that I have anything to prove to you.” Jungkook laughs, dirty and hot like everything else about him. Bastard.

Nothing pissed me off like indirect comments about my height, they were worse than the direct. However, rather than snarling at Jungkook in my favor, my wolf seemed just as amused as him. She was already siding with him.

I'm contemplating the implications of my wolf's uncharacteristic actions when I'm taken off guard as Jungkook skillfully slides his wrist from my grasp, sneaking his hand into mine and starts towards the parking lot.

There was always something about being led, about the following someone, that I didn't like. There is a lot of trust and submission in allowing yourself to be led, two feelings that I was never used to, but before I could pull away from this stupid boy I realize that we were already here.

Jungkook lets go of my hand and moves to lean against a car that I guessed was his. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he waits for me to speak. I'm about to when I recognize the make of his car. My jaw drops. His glossy black sports car.

“Carboy?” I ask, a bit intrigued by his decent driving skills. Jungkook raises an eyebrow, “from this morning?” I clarify.

A wicked grin spread across his face, “and I'm assuming you're the pretty red car that almost scraped a layer of Jennifer's body?” he ran a hand protectively along the top of his car, but his eyes stayed on mine and I can see the impressed look on his face.

“Too bad I didn't,” I muttered, “you practically attacked my baby with your horrid lane change. What were you trying to do? No one else was on the road,” Jungkook laughs, but I can tell there's someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter