JOUST

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dedicated to jamjam728 & iamvipbabe for upvoting

You guys are freaking great~

Edited by the lovely ChiNyan

T E N

J O U S T: a combat in which two knights on horseback attempt to unhorse each other with blunted lances (see: Jungkook and man working the cash register)

Turned out Jungkook's idea of hanging out was going to the nearby Costco to steal all the free samples, watch the movies played on TVs and getting dirty looks from the people working there. Well, at least, I got all the dirty looks. Jungkook got toothy smiles and blushes.

“Isn't this great? How do you feel?” Jungkook asked me, slurping up his fourth sample of wanton noodle soup. I sipped at my first.

“Just peachy,” We sat at a sample leather love seat, surrounded by white crumpled paper cups of samples we'd eaten. Propping my sneaker clad feet onto the automaton, “By the way, I hate wanton.”

Jungkook twisted his head towards me, his handsome face a picture of horrification and utter confusion. “But-you're Chinese!”

I scoffed and handed him my sample, which he happily devoured so I didn't know why he was complaining, “So?”

“It's sacrilegious-”

“Don't even complete that sentence, car boy. You're not making any sense.” I stood up then leaned down to scoop up all of my trash. Depositing them in a wastebasket, “I'm going back for more jellybeans. I'm thinking I should just buy a jar.”

Jungkook chuckled as he got up, grabbing his trash and dumping into the garbage can as well, “You're enjoying yourself, aren't you?” He said, following me as I made my way through the crowd, “Admit it, hanging out with me isn't as bad as you think it is.”

I shrugged, “Jungkook, you brought me to Costco so we could eat free samples. Everyone likes free samples.” He easily caught up with me, snagging my belt loop with his long finger. My wolf sighed at the barely there touch.

“But I had the idea.” He boasted, smiling as I smacked his hand away.

“Congratulations.” I said dryly, turning and giving him my best sardonic look, “Did it hurt?”

“Did what hurt? When I fell from heaven?” He winked, “Yeah. A little.”

“God, you're a different kind of special.” I shook my head, but my lips twitched up slightly. Jungkook noticed it and his smile widened. Shoving his hands in his pockets he stopped as we finally reached the small candy aisle and I grabbed the large plastic jar of jellybeans.

“Do you usually like sweet things?” He asked, examining my face.

I nodded once, in absolute agreement, “Anything sweet belongs in my belly. When I was a pup, I used to steal the tiny sugar packets from restaurants and eat straight sugar.”

“Jade used to do that too,” Jungkook revealed and I vaguely remembered him saying that Jade was his kid sister yesterday. “But she would take the salt packets.”

I shrugged as we headed towards checkout, “What about you? Salt or sugar?”

“I like spicy things, like cinnamon.” Jungkook grinned. Figures.

I set my plastic jelly bean jar down in front of the cashier. Jungkook moved to stand behind me, waiting.

“Will that be all?” The cashier, a young blond male college student smiled at me. He had a pretty smile so I treated him with my own.

“Yep.” He rung up my purchase.

“Is this lunch?” He asked, laughter in his voice.

Casting a look back at Jungkook, I snorted, “I just had lunch.” He smirked at me, pleased that he had taken up so much of my time probably.

“Fourteen ninety-nine, on the card?” He asked as I handed him my credit card.

“Yes, please.”

We were silent as he charged my card, then he grabbed the receipt and scribbled something down before handing it to me with my jellybeans and credit card. “Thank you. Have a great day.”

“You too.” I called, stuffing my card into my back pocket and moving out of the way so another customer could check out. I motioned for Jungkook to move, who only after a long moment of staring at me, did.

“What's wrong now?” I asked with a sigh, juggling my jellybean jar trying to find a comfortable way to hold it, before just hugging it to my chest.

“Let me see your receipt.” He ordered, tipping his head down to look at me. His eyes had begun to smolder and any previous emotion of amusement was gone. I wanted to ignore his brisk tone, but I had a feeling if I did, he would throw a fit.

“Why?” I asked, retrieving it from my pocket and offering it to him.

Jungkook grabbed it, frowned, then ripped it in half. Crumpling up one half, he shot it into a passing garbage can and handed me the other half.

“What the hell?” I exploded. “You know I need all of my receipt or they won't let me out?”

Jungkook shrugged, “You'll just have to do without it.” His voice was strangely indifferent sounding as he glared ahead. My wolf nipped at my stomach with worry.

Something is wrong. He's angry at you.

Screw that, I snarled back, I didn't do anything. I focused my gaze as we walked closer to the two people whose job it was to check receipts to make sure they corresponded with purchases.

“I'm sorry ma'am, You don't have the bottom half of your receipt. I can't let you past if-” A middle aged woman said.

“Sorry. He ate it.” I jerked a thumb back at Jungkook.

He stands there and nodded, dead serious. “I was hungry.”

She didn't even question it, becoming a mess as Jungkook flashed his most charming smile, swept past her, grabbing my belt loop again and pulling me along.

“You're such an asshat. What is your problem?” I asked, yanking away from him.

“I happen to be amazing, thank you very much.” His voice turned posh as he reached for my belt loop again, steering me in the direction of his car, “And that boy gave you his number”

“Are you kidding? That's why you ripped the receipt?” I smacked his hand away, “So what he gave me his number? It's my choice what to do with it. You didn't have to get all, all weird about it.”

Jungkook shoved his hands in his pockets to reach for his car keys, “I was standing right there. I might not be your boyfriend but I definitely looked like your boyfriend, and he dared to flirt with you?”

I snorted, “Stop whining. Maybe he thought you were my brother.”

“I am not your brother, love.” He pulled his keys out and began to twirl the key chain around his finger, “The nerve of that bastard.”

“He was cute.” I contemplated out loud. Jungkook came to a stop next to me.

“He looked like a dolphin.” He said indignantly.

“Dolphins are cute.”

“Yeah, but you don't sleep with them.”

“I have no plans to sleep with anyone at the moment, Jungkook.”

“Not yet.” We reached his car and he flashed me his y smirk. I waved a finger at him, my middle finger mind you, and headed to the passenger side of the car. I felt Jungkook followed me. I turned around, the words 'you're on the wrong side of the car ' died in my mouth as I almost slammed my nose into his ridiculously hard chest. His spicy, heady scent invaded my senses as well as the warmth that came with proximity. My heart began to speed up as my wolf reacted like the crazed hormonal freak she was.

I tipped my head back to look him in the eyes and suddenly we were inches away. We weren't touching, but I could feel the warmth pour off of him and curl around me like his Alpha Current.

“You know, the backseat of my car is pretty comfortable.” He said casually leaning closer, “Perks of owning an such a fine vehicle.”

I wrinkled my nose, “Don't be oblivious wolf boy, the backseat of your car is tiny.” His eyebrows shot up in glee as the words came out of my mouth, “And as I've said before; backseat is the worst .”

Jungkook stared at me for a long moment, a wicked look in his smoky eyes, before he slipped forward abruptly and pulled my door open for me. I almost jumped out of my pants as his jaw skimmed my arm.

It was only when we were back inside the car when he continued the conversation. He had one arm around the back of my seat so he could look over his left shoulder to pull out of the parking space.

“You know, backseat might be the worst , but it's kind of hot.”

I couldn't help it. My hand reached out and smacked his thigh. Jungkook whipped his head in my direction, his eyes wide.

“Did you just slap my ?” He asked gleeful.

“No.” I spat.

“Do it again!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter