PRECIPITANT

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dedicated to:

ButterflyMint

For upvoting, subscribing, and for leaving such a sweet comment~

as well as InsipirtForever123 for the rocking upvote~

As well as all my other lovely subscribers who have gotten my fanfiction to 2K views~

E L E V E N

P R E C I P I T A N T: hasty; rash (see: Aaemi's personality)

 

“No way,” Jaron face hardened, “There is no way in hell you are going. I absolutely forbid it.” Behind him, his sons stood in semi-circle arms crossed over their chests, their handsome faces mirroring their father's. They all watched as I tossed neatly folded clothes into my red duffel bag. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a pair if denim skinny jeans from dresser.

“Jaron,” I warned, “As my elder, you have neither the obligation or power to me from going.” I settled down on my bed to arrange my small bag of toiletries, swearing under my breath when I realize I don't have any toothpaste.

“I'm not talking to you as your elder,” his voice became softer, “I'm talking to as your uncle, as someone who cares for you.” I bite down on my lip. Jaron only pulls the 'uncle' card when he's about to lose an argument, which meant was one carefully spoken rebuttal away from getting my way. Didn't make me feel any better about making him so upset.

“I know,” I sigh, stuffing the last of my clothes into the duffel, “And I know that you care for me. I appreciate it. But this is something that needs to be done.” My Alpha Current flares strongly, challenging then to fight me.

Jaron opens his mouth, but before he can say anything to continue our argument, the marks on my left arm floods with it's familiar heat. I shoot to my feet, swinging my head from my open duffel to my empty bedroom doorway, dangerous anticipation waking my wolf up.

“Great,” I huffed, pinning a glare onto Jaron, “You called Jungkook, didn't you?”

He has the decency to look sheepish, “Maybe.”

Dropping back down onto my bed in the most lady-like manner I hold back several curse words, “Jaron, you can't just bring innocent people into our pack's problems.” I say, switching to Mandarin in fear of Jungkook hear us, “He has nothing to do with this.”

“Be has everything to do with this,” Jaron points out, “Jungkook is your mate. He has a right to know if his mate is going off on a suicide mission to try and hunt down shifters belonging to the deadliest pack alive.” I wince, wishing Jaron would use Mandarin. “Not to mention, a shifter pack whose Alpha has a personal vendetta against you and your father.”

I stiffen, “Jaron, let's not talk about this now.” I order. My wolf bristles at the mention of my father. “Please.” I zip up my bag and sling it over my shoulder. I begin towards the doorway. Mark and Henry move to stand in front of it like twin bodyguards or something.

“Move.” I force concentrated Alpha Current into my voice. Mark and Henry flinch and I instantly feel bad. They don't, however, move. I sigh again, then turn around and face my open bedroom window. If push comes to shove, I could just jump out of it, right?
“Don't even think about it,” Jungkook's low, the honeyed voice sounds from the entrance of my room. We all turn to watch him saunter inside, followed in by his warm cinnamon scent. Today his hair is styled up, showing off his dark smoky eyes.

“Great,” I snort, my heart speeding up just a smidgen at how good he looks with his hair out of his face, “Someone else who thinks they can tell me what to do.” His gorgeous face shows his usual half-assed, indifferent amusement, but his smirk lacks its usual playfulness. He keeps his steady gaze on me, tracking my every movement as if he expects to me haul at any minute. Which I was seriously contemplating doing.

“I'm not going to tell you to do anything,” Jungkook says, his voice strangely business-like. “Jaron called me here as damage control,” He reveals, shoving his hands into his pockets and moving to stand beside Lukas like the final member of their cult or some .

“Jungkook is here as the very last resort,” Jaron says, “If you're going to California, at least, bring him with you.” I raise an eyebrow and turn to look at the shifter in question.

“Did you agree to this?” I ask curiously. If he's surprised by Jaron's attempt at negotiation, he doesn't show it.

“Last resort?” Jungkook looks indignant, rather then offended, “I took her out on Saturday, we're practically dating. If anything, I'm more of the fifth or sixth resort.” He announces proudly.

“You took me to Costco,” I remind him, unable to keep my mouth shut, “And you didn't even pay for my jellybeans.”

Henry snorts out a laugh. “Seriously man?”

Jungkook shrugs, “You said you wanted to take it slow.” Is all he says.

“So I just have to bring him and you'll let me go quietly?” I ask, ignoring Jungkook. Jaron looks a little surprise, but nods slowly. I cast the boy in question a long look, “Sure, you can come.”

I can smell the shock that comes off all the shifters in the room in waves, and I feel a little light headed myself. My wolf barks in laughter.

Good job. She praises.

Shut up.

Jungkook's eyes widen and I take a moment to relish how the smug looks just melted off his face. “I think...” He gapes, but it's only for a microsecond before a y smile appears, “I accept.”

I roll my eyes at his eagerness.

“We can swing by your house for clothes, but we're taking my car.” I announce. Jungkook grins.

“Whatever you want.” he promises. I shoulder past everyone in my room and begin through the hallways with Jungkook literally at my heels.

“That's good enough for you, right Jaron?” I call over my shoulder. I hear several curse words in Mandarin echo through the hall. I shake my head in amusement.

★ ★ ★

After at least another hour of Jaron nagging Jungkook, making him promise to 'take care' of me, make me promise to call him every night to check in and several other ridiculous things that made me feel like teenage girl, he finally allowed us to leave.

“I can't believe you got away with that,” Jungkook chuckles from the drivers seat in his car. We're headed to his place so that he can pick up a few things before we start down to California. The reason I was in his car, instead of the other way around like I'd originally planned however, was a mystery. Jungkook had just led me out to his car and I took a seat in the passenger seat without any questions.

Shaking my head, I roll down a window. It's cold outside, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter