FRIENDS

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dedicated to: Bubble4ever1221 for almost correctly guessing my bias in f(x)~ Victoria is my bias, love her to pieces and after watching her WGM I honestly think she'd make such a cool older sister!

and to biaboo, xx-cherryblossom-xx & Illenjoyluhansmayo (ur username is life) for kindly upvoting~

And as always  to my lovely readers who always make me smile~ I love each and everyone of you past the stars and into eternity~

T H I R T E E N

F R I E N D S: a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard (see: Jungkook's packmates)

 

My eyes fluttered close as Jungkook lips gently brushed mine. Warmth exploded from my lips, tracing down my neck in the form of sparks, and resonated throughout my entire body. It was a barely-there kiss, lasting half of a second, but it had my wolf and I growling for more. Less then a moment past before his lips brushed mine once more, before settling firmly on my mouth.

I reacted immediately, stepping so close to him I was leaning off the step using his body to keep me from falling forward. Jungkook collared a hand around the side of my neck to hold my head in place as his other hand slid to flatten on the small of my back, propelling me even closer to him. His mouthwatering scent. Oh god. It wrapped around my wolf and I like a blanket, giving me that wonderful feeling of safety that touch Jungkook did. For a girl who never felt safe, even around her father, it felt indulgent. I felt like I was being spoiled like I had his absolute attention and devotion. I liked it. Jesus, it was criminal how much I liked it.

Standing on the stairs like this gave me the height I'd been yearning for ever since I met him, the height that gave me leverage, that gave me some control over our kiss. I rested a palm on his bicep, teasing the tips of my fingers up the sleeve of his t-shirt. The strength in his arm tightened in reaction and I could help but smile against his mouth.

Jungkook made a noise in the back of his throat, slanting his mouth and sweeping his tongue slowly over my bottom lip in a way that was almost a punishment. So help me, I growled.

But before the kiss could escalate any further, Jungkook pulled away. My wolf howled in irritation and disappointment and I couldn't help agreeing with her. His hand fell from my neck, but he kept his arm around my waist. Breathing heavily, we stared at each other for a moment.

Well more like, I stared at him. His eyes glittered with confidence, his lips already tipped into his usual y grin. And for some reason, I still couldn't get over how his hair was styled today. Up and out of his face in a way that left his beautiful smoky eyes for everyone to drool over.

Every since meeting Jungkook, I woke up in the morning promising myself that the lonely aching in my chest, the ache I knew wouldn't away until I was waking up next to him, didn't mean that I needed him. I promised myself that I was still the cold-faced that picked fights because she felt like it and that no matter what I did, I strong enough to pull through for my pack and for my family.

But around Jungkook, it was like all of my reason was suddenly thrown out the window. Kissing was a two person thing, I wanted to be in his arms and I wanted to be touching him. I wanted the attention he so eagerly offered me. Even if that put me one step closer to being the flake my father turned into under my step-mother manipulation.

And that's kind of terrifying. After watching my father crawling on his knees, begging my step-mother for every chance to make her happy, I understood as a child that there was a difference between the mate bond and love, Somehow my father managed to it up with a woman he had neither with.

And I couldn't help wondering what I was doing with Jungkook.

“Now see, if every time we argued resulted like that-” He drew in a slow breath, his eyes dropped down to my mouth, “-I'd have no problem arguing all day.”

I pulled back, “Screw you.” I wrinkled my nose at him.

“Are we fighting again?” Jungkook asked, all business, “Do I need to kiss you again?” He playfully dipped his head so his mouth was angled in my direction.

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes. My wolf purred in agreement.

I slammed a hand onto his chest, halting him, “No. You definitely do not need to kiss me again.” Jungkook grins in amusement, his hand on my waist shifts slightly so that suddenly his thumb is inches up my shirt, brushing circles that almost make me jump out of my pants.

“I beg to differ,” He says as I smack hand away. Not two seconds later, his hand settles back around me, this time, his naughty index finger slips centimeters down the waistband of my shorts. My eyes widen as a sudden flurry of warmth erupts from where his finger touches sensitive, unexposed skin. I move to rip his hand away, but it's already gone.

“Why do you keep touching me?” I demand, trying to keep my heart from the palpations it was threatening to have.

Jungkook smiles shamelessly, “I like to.” He says truthfully.

“And why do you keep kissing me?” I challenge, my eyes narrowing.

“I like that too,” his voice is low. With a sound of annoyance, I placed both hands on his shoulders and shoved with all of my strength. My eyes widened as Jungkook actually began to stumble backward. I shot a hand out and grabbed his forearm, jerking him back towards me. Jungkook, however, had already caught himself, easily throwing his weight forward to keep from falling. He wasn't expecting to be yanked even further up the stairs, and suddenly his entire front was pressed against my entire front.

“Whoa, careful love,” Jungkook murmured, his mouth millimeters away from mine. His warm breath fanned over my cheeks and the sensitive skin under my jaw where my heartbeat pulsed. His dark smoldering eyes were so close that I could see the amber flecks in his iris, his wolf's eyes. His nose brushed the tip of mine. Jungkook's smirk reappeared as his heated gaze dropped from my eyes to the slightly parted mouth.

“What do you think you're-” Jungkook's arm around me kept me from moving, but it didn't stop me from leaning away. Problem was, the leaned with me, not allowing the space between us to increase, “-doing?” My breath hitched in a way I know he heard. My cheeks pinked slightly. He smiles as he notices my blush, displaying his shallow dimples.

I leaned back further, “Where do you think you're going?” He chuckled, his soft honeyed laugh as he follows me.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, before he can close the distance between us a loud wolf-whistle sounds through the air. “Jasper!” A bemused voice calls.

Surprised, Jungkook drops me. Actually drops me.

“,” I mutter, twisting in midair and throwing my hands out to keep my head from smacking against the concrete stairs. “What the hell Jungkook.” I growl, glaring up at him as I shove my mass of hair out of my face. With a sheepish cough of laughter, Jungkook reaches down and helps me up.

“Sorry, love,” He apologizes, stiffing his laugh, “I have no idea how, but I think my friends found us.” I smack his hand away and stand up my own damn self.

“So you thought you'd drop me?” I shoot back, glancing up towards the top of the stairs where a group of four figures, male shifters from his pack from the scent of it, wave down at us.

“Weren't there two of them last time?” I ask, as Jungkook motions for them to join us, “They're multiplying. Like cockroaches.” Jungkook grabs my belt loop, tugging me down the last few steps until our shoes reach the warm sand of the beach.

“Yeah, they're some of my best fighters and they tend to follow me around like bodyguards,” Jungkook shrugs, but I can see a child-like excitement in his eyes. He's ecstatic his friends are here to play. Great

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter