ELECTRIFY

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Edited by the lovely ChiNyan

T W O

E L E C T R I F Y: to excite greatly; thrill (see: Jungkook's touch)

 

One step into the classroom and my wolf was howling at me to get the hell out of there. The onslaught of shifter and human scents had my heightened senses recoiling in disgust, but I calmed my wolf down by distracting myself with the layout of the room.

The chemistry room was organized into islands of raised tables surrounded neatly by four bar stools. Embedded into the tables were sinks and electrical outlets then rimmed with several shut nozzles that promised all kinds of flammable gas.

The teacher looked up from her spot at her desk, along with every single student in the class, and her face soured. I supposed she was annoyed with my late arrival.

She was a werewolf. Then again, who wasn't a shifter in this school?

Instead of walking up to her, handing her my new student slip and apologizing like Justin was probably doing right this moment in his class my wolf and I opted for standing there lazily until she grumbled and walked up to me.

“New student?” She said, but I was distracted because she reeked of cigarettes and nicotine, “Well you should know that tardiness isn't tolerated at this school and it certainly isn't tolerated in my class-”

I couldn't help it. It was the way her voice borderline screeched that almost caused my wolf's sensitive ears to bleed and the patronizing look in her eyes. I did not like patronizing looks.

So I cut her off, holding up a finger to silence her. My middle finger.

“Well, you should know that I honestly don't give a . I'm half a minute late to a class that I wasn't going to pay attention in anyways.” Her eyes widened into large saucers. I smelled the musty scent of shock and rage that poured off her as her wolf tried to assert its dominance with weak Alpha Current. I continued, “so may I find my seat, Miss?” I pushed Alpha Current of my own into my voice.

The teacher's teeth gritted, but I could see the submission in her eyes as she nodded tartly.

Well. I ruined her morning.

I smiled once more then turned to a wide-eyed class and started to examine my seating choices when I heard a loud male laughter that exploded from the back of the room. My gaze flicked up and I caught the eyes of a wolf shifter with curly blond hair. He sat with another wolf shifter that chuckled with him. They both had the traditional werewolf look about them; dark expensive clothes that covered built bodies, complemented by strong handsome features and confident laid-back expressions.

“New girl! Come sit with us!” He called. I tilted my head, contemplating his words. I didn't like being ordered around, but I'd rather sit with them then with a duo of human boys that hadn't taken their eyes off my skinny jean clad legs since I walked in the door.

I raised one shoulder then let it drop lazily to acknowledge them before making my way to their table, the one that resided in the farthest corner of the room from the front and was cushioned by large open windows.

Perfect. I eyed the huge glass planes that separated me from the outdoors. I love windows.

I reached their table, “Would you prefer if I sat in a specific spot?” I asked, my voice dry and humorous. The blond boy laughed again, so did his friend.

“In my lap?” He said motioning towards his thighs. My wolf snapped her teeth in annoyance. I raised an eyebrow then purposefully walked to the other side of the table were his friend sat. “Ouch.” Blond pouted but his companion, a shifter with slightly darker hair and a lot less stumble, shot me an apologetic look.

Hooking my foot underneath the bar of the stool, I yanked it out from underneath the table. It caused a loud screeching noise that echoed throughout the mostly silent classroom, but I didn't flinch as I dropped my bag onto the table and took a seat.

I could feel the anger in the teacher's eyes as she burned a hole in the side of my head, but I could care less as I faced my new desk mates and introduced myself, “I'm Aaemi.”

The two boys exchanged looks of absolute glee as they sized me up. I blinked at them.

“It's nice to meet you, Aaemi. I'm Nicolai.” The darker haired one said. I liked his voice a lot better than the blond. It wasn't as obnoxious.

“I'm Ryder,” Closer up I realized that Nicolai's features are distinctively Asian and that his hair is bleached. Impressive, although he didn't really seem like the type of guy to dye his hair.

I was about to respond when the teacher raised her voice and addressed us directly, “If all the chattering in the back could please stop-”

“What is your name?” I cut her off again, whipping my head around to face her. My voice was challenging, but I kept it quiet.

“You may call me Ms. Jean.” Her voice was curt and her sentence tight with fury.

“Lovely.” I tipped my mouth up into an amused smile, “You irritate me.” I pushed Alpha Current. Beside me, Nicolai began to shake with silent laughter.

“Excuse me?” Her words were shaking with anger, but I could smell the fear. “I'm trying to teach.” She glared at me.

“Please.” I motioned for her to continue, “You started talking to me first.”

Ms. Jean's look promised murder, but she turned back around stiffly and continued her lesson. I turned back to the boys sitting at my table.

“This school is so determined to make you learn,” I said.

The table trembled as Nicol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter